• Talents: Arms 2/1/0/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1964

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

mmm....mage tears.

#102 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

View Postaffix, on 14 December 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

I keep hearing people claim this but invariably the person doesn't count correctly or is only shattering it sometimes but not others.  Can you screenshot examples please?
They're right - it's doing less damage now. Really recent hotfix it seems. Duration has been decreased to 4 seconds. Seems like 30% damage reduction on Frost Bomb damage. Fire Blast makes it do 50% less still. With nothing up I'm seeing it crit for 56k shattered.

#103 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/1/2/2/.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

View Postsarma, on 13 December 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

Last time I saw a lock without blood fear was s11 . Good argument was given here . JK its sad

i was referring to priest fear... i don't play with locks........  and it wasn't an argument.. it was an example....you are sad..

Edited by Xandyn, 14 December 2012 - 12:41 AM.

#104 Nickolas

Nickolas
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 2/0/0/1/1/1
  • RBG: 576

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

View Postaffix, on 14 December 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

I keep hearing people claim this but invariably the person doesn't count correctly or is only shattering it sometimes but not others.  Can you screenshot examples please?

http://imageshack.us...bombdamage.png/

Looks like something like 30% reduction damage to players, Didn't get any difference to damage using Fire Blast like Talb said though and like the other guy said it roughly 4 seconds countdown now on EU atleast

Edited by Nickolas, 14 December 2012 - 12:40 AM.

#105 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

Not convinced the change is live on EU or even West Coast BGs yet, but on East Coast it is definitely true.

#106 Ermurazorqt

Ermurazorqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

I wasn't actually too worried about the fireblast glyph nerf, could compensate it by haste stacking + frost armor, but this recent hotfix feels like judgement day, frost bomb crits for 60k, no matter if u manually explode it or let it explode by itself and this is with full cd's + T2.

#107 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

Okay I just did test vs. other players.  It got nerfed by exactly 20% against other players.  Totally naked, that bomb went from 4055 to 1946 (4055 * 0.8 * 0.6 = 1946).  

(0.8 = 20% nerf, 0.6 = 40% base pvp resil)

#108 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

Also this stacks with the glyph.  If you fireblast a bomb, it does 40% as much damage (-60%) than it did before any of the hotfixes.  The glyph is now 100% unusable, every mage should drop it.

#109 Jamal

Jamal
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 960

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

Fairly certain frost bomb didn't get nerfed, i've been hearing rumors of a 30% nerf and after testing w/o glyph it still hits for averaging 90k on players with int/mage armor.

Bomb does now explode after 4 seconds however which is a nice change

#110 Coldizzle

Coldizzle
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1245
  • 3v3: 2285
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

i did some tests and its just like the patch notes

#111 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

View PostJamal, on 14 December 2012 - 02:05 AM, said:

Fairly certain frost bomb didn't get nerfed, i've been hearing rumors of a 30% nerf and after testing w/o glyph it still hits for averaging 90k on players with int/mage armor.

Bomb does now explode after 4 seconds however which is a nice change
Here's the math, tested with no gear on vs. a target with no pvp resil besides the base 40%, feel free to verify:

Totally naked vs. target dummy:  4055 damage (unchanged)

Expected damage vs. player:  4055 * 0.6 (due to base pvp resil) = 2433

Actual damage:  4055 * 0.6 * 0.8 (due to 20% nerf + base pvp resil) = 1946

#112 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

tbh the dispel mechanic change is probably the most retarded shit in game since the invention of dk(ids). Changing it resulted in another fistfull of shit on disc priests face and you can argue whatever you want about this game, you can say this class is op, that other ability is to be nerfed or whatever but you never felt useless like disc priests nowadays. We are probably the most useless thing ever and yet we don't get fixed. Instead, since druids or shammies do too much healing, we get another 15% nerf on our already pathetic healing. We traded md with no cd and fast casting time, mind control and manaburn for a mongoloide pet who gets 1 shotted while it's supposed to fear, worst mana regen EVER and you actually complayin about fuckin deep+bomb not being capable of happeing anymore ? it was a fuckin joke especially considering deep not being in gcd. Dispell if anything needs to be reduced on its cd...if you ask me it should be brought back the way it was (nerf to shammies and druids dispel which will bring affliction finally back again). You want bomb to detonate ? drop your freakin mastery stack and get some haste for faster detonation.

ALSO: cryin about mages is like a fat kid cryin n front of mc donalds cause he didn't get his extra crunchy chicken in front of a fuckin starving homeless mutilated african blind kid. JUST FUCKIN SAYIN.

Edited by pripripriest, 14 December 2012 - 02:48 AM.

----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
The future... seems to me no unified dream but a mince pie, long in the baking, never quite done."
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#113 Koshimo

Koshimo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1805
  • 3v3: 2099
  • RBG: 1706

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

View Postpripripriest, on 14 December 2012 - 02:45 AM, said:

tbh the dispel mechanic change is probably the most retarded shit in game since the invention of dk(ids). Changing it resulted in another fistfull of shit on disc priests face and you can argue whatever you want about this game, you can say this class is op, that other ability is to be nerfed or whatever but you never felt useless like disc priests nowadays. We are probably the most useless thing ever and yet we don't get fixed. Instead, since druids or shammies do too much healing, we get another 15% nerf on our already pathetic healing. We traded md with no cd and fast casting time, mind control and manaburn for a mongoloide pet who gets 1 shotted while it's supposed to fear, worst mana regen EVER and you actually complayin about fuckin deep+bomb not being capable of happeing anymore ? it was a fuckin joke especially considering deep not being in gcd. Dispell if anything needs to be reduced on its cd...if you ask me it should be brought back the way it was (nerf to shammies and druids dispel which will bring affliction finally back again). You want bomb to detonate ? drop your freakin mastery stack and get some haste for faster detonation.

ALSO: cryin about mages is like a fat kid cryin n front of mc donalds cause he didn't get his extra crunchy chicken in front of a fuckin starving homeless mutilated african blind kid. JUST FUCKIN SAYIN.
iloveyou

#114 Justblaze

Justblaze
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostXandyn, on 13 December 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

at least from mage pov 8 sec is not really fair, seeing as a healer can dispel your frost bomb, and still get your CC dispelled, whereas I suppose blizzard intended for dispel to be a choice you have to make, I feel like 8 second is not enough for that, 12-10 second should be good.

why are you even justifying 2 seconds? cause clearly you've obtained R1 with dispel being no CD lol? I'm not saying that isn't a mediocre-idea , just the fact as why does that seem to bother you now? you've dealt with that for forever..

#115 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

View PostFlorenz, on 14 December 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

why are you even justifying 2 seconds? cause clearly you've obtained R1 with dispel being no CD lol? I'm not saying that isn't a mediocre-idea , just the fact as why does that seem to bother you now? you've dealt with that for forever..

most likely because frost bomb was the source of all mage damage, if you dispel frost bomb, no frost bomb explosion, no brain freeze proc, so you are left with 1-2 fof charges possibly off of a pet nova.

i'm glad it finally got nerfed, and the detonation time got shortened again anyways.

nether tempest been best people just didnt know

#116 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/1/2/2/.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

View PostFlorenz, on 14 December 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

The game has changed in many ways and is nothing like before. Lol

That and frost bomb

Edited by Xandyn, 14 December 2012 - 09:13 PM.

#117 VesthisBB

VesthisBB
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2275

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

+rep oh no mages have a bad third of a season. boo hoo.

#118 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

View PostVesthisBB, on 14 December 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

+rep oh no mages have a bad third of a season. boo hoo.

Basically completely changing a core mechanic of a class halfway into season, do you find it reasonable?
www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#119 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

View Postpripripriest, on 14 December 2012 - 02:45 AM, said:

Instead of crying and complaining in every single fucking post about how your class isn't a shaman how about you get a clue and reroll or better yet take a step back from the computer chair, journey up that rarely used staircase out of your parent's basement, and step outside for a deep breath you belligerent neckbeard.

#120 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/2/1/1/0/.
  • 2v2: 2063
  • 3v3: 2762
  • 5v5: 1437
  • RBG: 2227

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

View PostCrawthz, on 14 December 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

Basically completely changing a core mechanic of a class halfway into season, do you find it reasonable?
idk man tfb got changed and that was pretty core :duckers:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<