• Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Warriors are exactly where they should be with this change imo

Xoxo
twitch.tv/xrags  -- streaming boomkin PoV:  dk/boom/rsham, mage/boom/rsham, rogue/boom/rsham, etc.

Sometimes resto / Mistweaver

#22 Kriminalac

Kriminalac
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/0/1/1/0
  • RBG: 959

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Mage also hohhoho!

#23 paiku

paiku
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2291

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

so i got more sustained dmg and more burst + cc on my feral, seems weired^^
i think it's a good change though, but i guess ferals will be too strong and i'm scared as fuck if a dk gets to my healer with 15% healing nerf.

#24 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Everything is great now assuming they won't touch anything else - it's exactly like s6 when charge was nerfed to 20 seconds. Everyone thought we would suck but  we still ended up great. Sooooo we're cool.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#25 Vamel

Vamel
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 0/0/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 948
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 576

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

no more 300k hc strikes :)    that was a nice change :D

disco priests left now :)

#26 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 2413
  • 5v5: 2261
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Never a bad change to get rid of useless rng 1 shots, but i'd rather see TFB revamped. Still hoping 5.2 comes with a new TFB.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#27 xandek

xandek
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection 0/1/2/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1493
  • 3v3: 2545
  • RBG: 384

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

i agree that it sort of fixes those 200k+ hs one-shots but maybe something like 1 stack cap and 150% damage (up from 100%) or more stacks but they don't increase by 100%- maybe only 25-50% per stack. this change a long with avatar and dps trinket cd to 1min im seriously considering running bloodbath for more consistent damage other than every 3min with avatar

#28 Arnie

Arnie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Nerf is fine. Never relied on stacking tfb anyway. It was an annoying mechanic as it was.
Mage nerf may be overkill, but it's hard to say yet, as while their frostbomb was their hardest hitting ability, they may have more than enough burst considering how hard lance and ffb tends to hit on frozen targets. Have to wait and see i suppose.

I do hope they avoid nerfing us more though, I feel we should be in a more or less nice spot after this, except maybe having shockwave looked at. But nerfing shockwave too much might gimp us too hard (by increasing CD i mean). Again not sure.

#29 xandek

xandek
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection 0/1/2/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1493
  • 3v3: 2545

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

are the frost mage hotfixes live? cuz im still getting 3 stacks in arena right now

#30 Draax

Draax
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 768

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

The only problem I personally see with this is that there is nothing that sets apart a good warrior and a mediocre warrior right now. There is no play style mechanic that you can really use to maximize damage.

Back in wrath you had the good warriors using overpower on casts and mediocre warriors just using it on cool down  also stance dancing was part of the warrior play style granted most of it was in form of macros but it still allowed you to maximize damage by paying more attention.

In cata you had TfB buff to track to maximize damage with two overpowers in a global. Granted it was not much or the best mechanic but hitting every OP was something to strive for.

In panda we started with a lot of utility with ranged silence and the tfb mechanic was a bit rng but it was a thought process to either try for another stack or use hs before it drops.

Hate to say but with no type of mechanic to either have more utility or maximize damage the class is quite dull.
"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

-Draaxx

twitch.tv/draaxx
youtube.com/draaxxtv

#31 Arnie

Arnie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

View PostDraax, on 12 December 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

The only problem I personally see with this is that there is nothing that sets apart a good warrior and a mediocre warrior right now. There is no play style mechanic that you can really use to maximize damage.

Back in wrath you had the good warriors using overpower on casts and mediocre warriors just using it on cool down  also stance dancing was part of the warrior play style granted most of it was in form of macros but it still allowed you to maximize damage by paying more attention.

In cata you had TfB buff to track to maximize damage with two overpowers in a global. Granted it was not much or the best mechanic but hitting every OP was something to strive for.

In panda we started with a lot of utility with ranged silence and the tfb mechanic was a bit rng but it was a thought process to either try for another stack or use hs before it drops.

Hate to say but with no type of mechanic to either have more utility or maximize damage the class is quite dull.

I hardly think using a mechanic like this sets a good player apart from a bad. Setting up damage is hardly difficult as it is, and honestly it wasn't exactly difficult as it was either. It was just stupid that on occasion you could luck out and get stacks quickly, deciding the game for you. Wheras most of the time you didn't, and you had to do like everyone else and coordinate lockouts and cc with your CD usage to score kills. Waiting for procs to align instead of capitalizing on opponents' mistakes, and just relying on bursting them down in a manner seeming apparently random to them (jk watch tfb buff on enemy, regards -GC), is in my view not good design, nor play.

There are so many other things deciding whether or not you are good or bad, and the way you do damage as a warrior has to be the least influential, as it's quite frankly the part requiring the least effort.

#32 Hoodzx

Hoodzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1786
  • 3v3: 2299
  • 5v5: 2229
  • RBG: 2225
  • LocationFRANCE

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

View PostCrankyboern, on 12 December 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

what the fuck ?

This change is great and we can still kill shit without any big efforts.
I never used to stack TBF and it worked out well.

To get a kill you might want to switch targets for pressure now, as healing got nerfed antoher !! 15% !!.

Your reply to this topic was a bit fast i guess.

I agree that this change is justified, but really do some 2s and you'll see how useful is TfB against comp with healers... (but yeah replied too fast didnt even saw the -15% healing :P)

I'm one of those who care about 2s ^^

#33 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

View PostNatokni, on 12 December 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

I love shock wave hitting me for 130k. Buff warriors mages spriest and ferals they aren't strong enough currently.

i have seen you posting lately and all you do is bitch about classes ..

news flash you play a fucking shaman.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#34 Ansi

Ansi
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1951
  • LocationCold North

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

I don't mind less damage - but this also took away a fun mechanic.

Now it just comes out as really wierd design. There's absolutely no "skill related" decisions involved anymore damagewise (in PvP - still works for PvE).

As it is now, they might as well just remove it entirely from PvP or completely redesign it. But it's in the middle of an expansion, so doubt we'll see a redesign before the next one.

#35 Gabbit

Gabbit
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

Change is in now
Gabbitnerdo ----- League of legends.

#36 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

View PostAnsi, on 12 December 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

I don't mind less damage - but this also took away a fun mechanic.

Now it just comes out as really wierd design. There's absolutely no "skill related" decisions involved anymore damagewise (in PvP - still works for PvE).

As it is now, they might as well just remove it entirely from PvP or completely redesign it. But it's in the middle of an expansion, so doubt we'll see a redesign before the next one.

If they removed it completely from pvp, it would be a decent size nerf to arms damage in pvp. One stack is what makes it better damage than slam, plus no GCD. Getting any stacks is very RNG, but gaining multiple was just super RNG.

In short, if you were a war that used it when you gained a stack for sustained dps, this change did nothing to you. And the only reason you should be upset about this change is because of 2s(no one cares) or that they just made the wrong change.

Overall, I think it was a very good change to just stop RNG burst that you could never really rely on anyways(gimmicky play).
Posted Image
All credit goes to Beldam for this (amazing) meme.

#37 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:26 AM

View PostDeonto, on 13 December 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

If they removed it completely from pvp, it would be a decent size nerf to arms damage in pvp. One stack is what makes it better damage than slam, plus no GCD. Getting any stacks is very RNG, but gaining multiple was just super RNG.

In short, if you were a war that used it when you gained a stack for sustained dps, this change did nothing to you. And the only reason you should be upset about this change is because of 2s(no one cares) or that they just made the wrong change.

Overall, I think it was a very good change to just stop RNG burst that you could never really rely on anyways(gimmicky play).

I believe 2 stacks makes it better than slam (correct me if I'm wrong) now the only reason to use heroic strike would be a 70+ rage dump or extra burst in cs?

#38 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

View Postdjp771133, on 13 December 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

I believe 2 stacks makes it better than slam (correct me if I'm wrong) now the only reason to use heroic strike would be a 70+ rage dump or extra burst in cs?

You only need one stack for it to be better than slam(it's not massively better than slams damage, but also the fact it doesn't use a gcd... well, you know)

Edited by Deonto, 13 December 2012 - 04:36 AM.

Posted Image
All credit goes to Beldam for this (amazing) meme.

#39 Xsv

Xsv
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2298

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

this was a good change. everytime i had 3 stacks and all CDs up i knew i was going to global something.

playing both a healer and my fully geared warrior, warriors are still rediculous. Needed changes to make them fine are very small though.

---Shockwave changed to 30 second CD

---Second wind changed to instead of 3% health every 1 second, it's 3% health every 2 seconds.

Warriors can stick on any target now with relative ease, so the sustained damage is very high if not the highest. Shockwave plays a big part in this. Not only is the damage high, but they still have the 25% MS, and with the new reduction to healing, it really adds up.

As far as damage goes, I'm not sure what they can really change without affecting PVE. It will be very very tough to change that, other than just buffing resilience across the board.

#40 Krigoz

Krigoz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2727

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

Aslong as they dont nerf warriors beyond repair like back in season 10 and 11 i wont mind nerfs to the class.
5 Stack was beyond retarded,
3 Stack was more than fine.
1 Stack is fine.

Nerf burst & up regular dmg to promote skillfull play by using cc correctly instead of random 'RNG' oneshotting.

Good change overall, but its time to lay off the warrior nerfs before we end up like season 10/11 again.9

EDIT:
And as far as people talking about PvE and PvP conflicting in terms of damage and etc, why not just put an aura in the arena, basicly a debuff on players that just levels it out. that way PvE is not affected what so ever but they have PvP to tinker with all by itself. Thereby making WoW PvP Balanced.
As most of the time their excuse to not change how PvP works is because its somehow affecting PvE.

It should'nt be really hard to implement this when its a multi million dollar franchise. ( Let's get real Blizzard..)
Would make the game so fucking amazing.

Edited by Krigoz, 13 December 2012 - 06:09 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<