• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Brewmaster 1/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2253

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

View Postsaffie, on 13 December 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

Seems to me that a lot of classes have the same problem, even when a spec is op in arena, its just not fun to play because it relies on getting 1 spell off/barely casting/1shotting people etc. I think the only fun class to play atm is a shadow priest because you need to cast to get pressure/you don't rely on cds to kill something and you have so much to do in a game both defensively and offensively.

Perhaps blizzard can try and make pvp more fun, I wouldn't mind it being so very unbalanced then.

You should try out WW monk

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

Anyone else noticed everyone wants the class they are not playing/playing with to be nerfed. its like a chinese ping pong match..

#303 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

I will be fine with this frostbomb nerf if they would change smthing else to mages , like maybe frostbolt our main dmg ability.in s11 with bis hc gear i was doing like , 40k frostbolt crits with all proccs , and yday when i wanted to check how much crit i do with frostbolt i saw the exact same number and i lold.Did they totally 4get that ability or what :o?Like Xandyn posted , make frostbomb to be some sort of cc like aoe snare or smthing , and make frostbolt to do 40k-50k  non crits , but idk how this will work out with all those interrupts and stuns every class has.Maybe if they remove the set bonus that decreases the cd of cs and put the coc nova there but idk.

#304 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

OK i just logged my mage , did frostbomb on a dk and got him down to 90% ,HOLY FUCK DAT CRIT

#305 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2283
  • 3v3: 2654
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

View PostYarmyxx, on 13 December 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

OK i just logged my mage , did frostbomb on a dk and got him down to 90% ,HOLY FUCK DAT CRIT

Oh sorry you didn't get him down to 10% instead :/
www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

#306 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

View PostHiddenstalke, on 13 December 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

Oh sorry you didn't get him down to 10% instead :/
and hitting him for 10% of his hp instead seems fair right?

#307 steeze1

steeze1
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

brb gonna take a bath in all these mage tears
Click here for all my wow raps, check them out!

''Steeze is a hero to the people in the rap game, he is the greatest wow rapper and the next big sensation'' - SnoopLion (AKA SnoopDogg)

Posted Image

#308 Shizz

Shizz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2178

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

View PostJ_DA, on 13 December 2012 - 01:36 AM, said:

YEAH THEY'LL STILL BE AMAZING ONCE EVERY 45 SECONDS - if you can manage to cross CC the whole team, make sure they don't have a shadowpriest for MD and manage to catch everyone in a RoF whilst ensuring none of them have trinket. In comparison to most other classes seems like a lot of work.

Perfectly stated

#309 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2283
  • 3v3: 2654
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

View PostYarmyxx, on 13 December 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

and hitting him for 10% of his hp instead seems fair right?

I'm sorry but afaik nerf is by 50% when you explode it with fire blast. If it explodes normal way it will deal same damage.
And 50% means 1/2 less damage. 10% current meant you would've done 20% instead. 20% of someone life wasn't the damage i remember so you did something wrong there.
www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

#310 Zeiyo

Zeiyo
  • Junkies

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostHiddenstalke, on 13 December 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

I'm sorry but afaik nerf is by 50% when you explode it with fire blast. If it explodes normal way it will deal same damage.
And 50% means 1/2 less damage. 10% current meant you would've done 20% instead. 20% of someone life wasn't the damage i remember so you did something wrong there.

clearly forgot to put his gear back on after a night of roleplay in goldshire

#311 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

One small change that isn't even really a big deal and mages are up in arms.  In my opinion, the only thing they did wrong was that they didn't nerf hard enough.  Mages and wizards in general are still the kings of arena right now.  Disc priests still suck, shadow priests are still really strong, and the nerf bat is coming down hard on Warriors.

They really need to come down hard on some classes, and get others back where they need to be.  This is a decent start, but I don't feel like they've gone far enough.

#312 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostNightmonkey, on 13 December 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

One small change that isn't even really a big deal and mages are up in arms.  In my opinion, the only thing they did wrong was that they didn't nerf hard enough.  Mages and wizards in general are still the kings of arena right now.
xD

View PostYarmyxx, on 13 December 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

I will be fine with this frostbomb nerf if they would change smthing else to mages , like maybe frostbolt our main dmg ability.in s11 with bis hc gear i was doing like , 40k frostbolt crits with all proccs , and yday when i wanted to check how much crit i do with frostbolt i saw the exact same number and i lold.Did they totally 4get that ability or what :o?Like Xandyn posted , make frostbomb to be some sort of cc like aoe snare or smthing , and make frostbolt to do 40k-50k  non crits , but idk how this will work out with all those interrupts and stuns every class has.Maybe if they remove the set bonus that decreases the cd of cs and put the coc nova there but idk.

really wish people would stop wasting their time with posts like this. the time for major mechanic changes to the spec was beta, we are stuck with a play style revolving around frost bomb and instant casts with procs, that wont be changing until the next expansion at least so work with what we have got and ask for changes that are likely to happen, not rubbish like redesign frost bomb into a no damage cc ability, when it is currently finely tuned to be equivalent pve damage to nether tempest and living bomb and will not be changing from that any time soon. Same thing with massive frostbolt damage buffs to make it worthwhile casting if you ever get free from the warrior / feral training you, the damage of frost bolt was purposefully left how it is to prevent it from being 90% of pve frosts damage like in previous expansions

make realistic requests that have a chance of going through, not useless waste of time pipe dreams like you see in the warlock forum, like the other day when someone was demanding that the siphon life glyph be buffed so that the healing was roughly equivalent to second wind but active all the time

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 13 December 2012 - 05:49 PM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#313 Kushi

Kushi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

It is funny how this is the first thread in ages that got over 300 replies. Comes to show how many people in AJ take the easy way up. Yes, playing a Mage IS one of the easy ways and if you think otherwise you are an ignorant fool who likes to think big about himself. Mage has been in Top 3 since forever and everytime somethiing happened to make your gameplay abit more complicated you swarmed the forums like hungry little babies...

Inb4 "lol no glad" "qq more" and other grown-up answers.

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt...

ME!

#314 Toxile

Toxile
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aszune
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2006
  • 3v3: 1931

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Has anybody tested frostbomb yet, I've tried it with and without the glyph and it seems like blizzard has nerfed it even if you dont use the glyph to explode it? I'm confused its like they have just flat out nerfed frostbomb by 50%

#315 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

Im confused some people say its live in EU and someone says its not, how i see it is that the hotfix is live outside arena but not inside? or can someone correct me.

And some mages says its a flat 50% nerf with or without glyph.

#316 Coldizzle

Coldizzle
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1245
  • 3v3: 2285
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

testing on dummy i just hit for 80k crit using fireblast to detonate frostbomb
while my ice lance hits for 81k with FoF
t3weapon
but im reforged for haste atm (-5%dmg)

Edited by Coldizzle, 13 December 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#317 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

View PostClaynz, on 13 December 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

Im confused some people say its live in EU and someone says its not, how i see it is that the hotfix is live outside arena but not inside? or can someone correct me.

And some mages says its a flat 50% nerf with or without glyph.
could u be more desperate for it to go live or what rofl

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#318 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 13 December 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

could u be more desperate for it to go live or what rofl

you seem a bit upset, all im wondering if it's live or not if you think its because i hate mages your wrong but im looking forward for the healing reduction debuff same as the change with FB and TfB.

#319 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

On a training dummy;
First one Detonated with Glyph on
Second one let it normally tick off
Third on Glyph of Fire Blast completely off

All into frozen targets.
So not they managed to nerf it to shit, they managed to make it buggy and unusable also

[edit]
LOL Frostbolt and Icelance hits exactly the same as Frostbomb with Glyph of Fire Blast, with Glyphed Cone of Cold being just 10k less on target dummy. Fireblast does 10k less than Glyphed CoC. Funny numbers.
Posted Image

Edited by Crawthz, 13 December 2012 - 06:59 PM.

www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#320 Coldizzle

Coldizzle
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1245
  • 3v3: 2285
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

make sense do more dmg on ice lance who is insta then on frostbomb where i waste an glyph and an 1.4 cast and fireblast gcd

nerf is live on us btw

Edited by Coldizzle, 13 December 2012 - 06:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<