Frost Bomb hotfix nerfed oh and warriors too
Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:21 AM
Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:28 AM
wtf who is complaining about instant mind blast/devo plague, I think spriest damage is fine, don't really have any problems with those mechanics at all. If there is anything to do with spriests is tweak life swap and (maybe) md?
Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:31 AM
Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:40 AM
1) Change shadow-priests, maybe improve damage - reduce utility/survival
2) Nerf ferals, ugh.. everything about them is just crazy.
3) Perhaps increase the defensive dispel cooldown to 10-12 seconds, I think this would probably be a good change. Not sure.
4) Reduce the amount of insane instant CC's in the game and the amount of interrupts as well + add some non-interrupt/non-cc spells to certain classes, spells with interesting mechanics, because the game is just ridiculously boring to play... And that is a big issue, balance isn't even the main issue IMO. Some classes should have a lot of CC, right now every class in the game does. It doesn't make sense and makes the game boring as you can't even play, you just AFK while you are CC'd. Also I don't understand why the game is based on cooldowns so much, tone down ALL burst cooldowns, increase consistent damage to compensate.
5) Perhaps completely change the way frost bomb works, make it do little to no damage, and only snare (+procs) the enemies surrounding explosion for 3-4 sec instead, bringing back the Cone of Cold kinda mechanic. That would make sense, seeing as we are frost mages, not elemental shamans, I don't understand why we got placed in such a role. We were meant to control things, and now we basically only have RoF+Nova left for that.
6) With the way they are designing this x-pac, I assume that they don't want cooldowns/spells to be countered with one spammable button press. Remove snare removal upon shapeshifting, maybe I am a little biased here, but it also doesn't make sense with the way the game is now. Give them a talent/glyph that makes escape slows/snares every 12 seconds upon shape shifting, rather than unlimited use.
Furthermore, buff Frostbolt/Ice Lance damage. Get rid of the Spell Steal completely (replace with new, interesting ability), it's a spell that doesn't make sense right now at all. It's a weird mechanic, not a good design at all. Press spell steal twice, hope to get a game changing buff, or go oom and get nothing. What were they promoting with this?
That is, my constructive feedback for this expansion, and I've played a ridiculous amount of arena games so far. Sadly the arena experience has become kind of garbage, not because of balance or anything, it's just boring and unrewarding, also the 'entire pop-cooldowns and win, no cooldowns and do nothing' is a very poor design.
This is a good post, Xandyn. I think you have most of that spot on aside from a few things.
I think Feral shapeshifting out of roots is silly, but I think they should just return it to what it was before. Stampeding Roar and Dash break out of root effects as Feral.
Spriest damage is fine, survivability is too strong. Most fair thing would be to remove defensive Mass Dispel, but at the same time it would be nice if it didn't cost 40k mana to remove Ice Blocks and Divine Shields (especially now that there's more of those in the game..).
Being idealistic is not worth it. The old CoC mechanic will surely not be brought back into the game. Current Frost Bomb nerf was good for the game - stronger mages will separate themselves from weaker ones with that nerf alone. Deep Freeze duration should be brought back to 5 seconds as well as Frost Bomb duration back to 5 seconds. Fire will become stronger as a result of Deep Freeze revert, but I think it's necessary.
Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:40 AM
if your disperse is on cd you can still lifeswap but disperse has minimum 30s cd or w/e so you at least have a chance to kill them
Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:41 AM
yeah I don't want the CoC to be brought back, I'm just saying maybe Frost Bomb could be reworked in general to be a CC spell, and then buff damage on rest of our spells.
Frost bomb is just so unfun. Not for the mage, not for the enemies
ah I don't even know, screw the game. LoL time.
Edited by Xandyn, 13 December 2012 - 05:46 AM.
Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:02 AM
On a more serious note, we ran into a 2350 spriest-fire mage-r sham today. Fire mage has plenty of damage, globaled our feral druid twice. It seemed like much more skillful play than mindlessly running in and throwing deeps for kills. Though, when we did que into god comp with a frost mage we laughed, the damage just wasn't there. Blizzard took it a bit too far with this, 25% would've been more than reasonable for a nerf and I'm fairly certain everyone would be happy.
Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:08 AM
I feel like this happens every game vs a spriest that instant mind blast > dps and silences healer. I try to play conservative knowing that the priest isnt casting and that the feral has no gap closers but Die to instant cast abilities.
Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:32 AM
you forgot demonic gate and druids shifting snares, symbiosis too
Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:09 AM
Being idealistic is not worth it.
Next time you play make sure to not dispells blocks or bubbles just tell you team eh..its not worth it. Also, I'm not sure how you think Dmg is fine. All melee has to pop CDs to burst hard. Shadow priest just get instant procs and burst burst burst. Cast VT on 3 targets and watch the magic happen.
Look at the rising amount of Spriest. You guys can cover a healer is he is CCed, you can dispell a healer if they mess up and get CCed, you can swap with anyone of the team to save them, you can disarm warriors burst and enh burst, you can mass dispell bubble making pallys a joke, you can dispell shields and hots....tell me one reason NOT to have a Spriest on the team...what is your class missing?
Edited by frigidclam, 13 December 2012 - 07:12 AM.
Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:15 AM
Druids unable to shift snares (breaking roots is ok snares however is not)
and demonic gateway should be banned from arena or atleast they should make debuff 1 min
Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:21 AM
can you be more biased
Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:35 AM
can you be more biased
Maybe glyph for dash to reduce cooldown to x seconds but remove speed increase? While removing theircurrent ability to break everything obv.
Edited by Hovalt, 13 December 2012 - 07:36 AM.
Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:52 AM
I would be glad to see druids unable to break any root or snare but it would be overkill imo
Maybe best option
Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:28 AM
I am okay with a longer cd and maybe a glyph nerf however.
But there are so many more broken things in this game like ferals , paladins (blinding light), displacers beast etc. and overall instant cc.
Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:01 AM
Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:31 AM
Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:34 AM
But i do 100% agree that void shift should be removed from shadow and btw there is a way to stop a spriest MD'ing all ya cc and that is just spam ******** our **** and we go oom
Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:14 AM
Perhaps blizzard can try and make pvp more fun, I wouldn't mind it being so very unbalanced then.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users