In my opinion, it's a change that's healthy for the game, the only reason this is bad because they need to make some other changes towards other classes/mechanics in the game;
1) Change shadow-priests, maybe improve damage - reduce utility/survival
2) Nerf ferals, ugh.. everything about them is just crazy.
3) Perhaps increase the defensive dispel cooldown to 10-12 seconds, I think this would probably be a good change. Not sure.
4) Reduce the amount of insane instant CC's in the game and the amount of interrupts as well + add some non-interrupt/non-cc spells
to certain classes, spells with interesting mechanics, because the game is just ridiculously boring to play... And that is a big issue, balance isn't even the main issue IMO. Some classes should have a lot of CC, right now every class in the game does. It doesn't make sense and makes the game boring as you can't even play, you just AFK while you are CC'd. Also I don't understand why the game is based on cooldowns so much, tone down ALL burst cooldowns, increase consistent damage to compensate.
5) Perhaps completely change the way frost bomb works, make it do little to no damage, and only snare (+procs) the enemies surrounding explosion for 3-4 sec instead, bringing back the Cone of Cold kinda mechanic. That would make sense, seeing as we are frost
mages, not elemental shamans, I don't understand why we got placed in such a role. We were meant to control things, and now we basically only have RoF+Nova left for that.
6) With the way they are designing this x-pac, I assume that they don't want cooldowns/spells to be countered with one spammable button press. Remove snare removal upon shapeshifting, maybe I am a little biased here, but it also doesn't make sense with the way the game is now. Give them a talent/glyph that makes escape slows/snares every 12 seconds upon shape shifting, rather than unlimited use.
Furthermore, buff Frostbolt/Ice Lance damage. Get rid of the Spell Steal completely (replace with new, interesting ability), it's a spell that doesn't make sense right now at all. It's a weird mechanic, not a good design at all. Press spell steal twice, hope to get a game changing buff, or go oom and get nothing. What were they promoting with this?
That is, my constructive feedback for this expansion, and I've played a ridiculous amount of arena games so far. Sadly the arena experience has become kind of garbage, not because of balance or anything, it's just boring and unrewarding, also the 'entire pop-cooldowns and win, no cooldowns and do nothing' is a very poor design.
Edited by Xandyn, 13 December 2012 - 02:24 AM.