• Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 2413
  • 5v5: 2261
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 13 December 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

want a cookie? :) presumed it was obvious i know him and don't like him rather then unspecific annoyance at his knowledge of english :(

So take it to a pm instead of making ur self look like an idiot? I would like to keep this thread on topic, what is the opinions of what this will do to godcomp?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#262 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

View PostCovlol, on 13 December 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

what is the opinions of what this will do to godcomp?
comps with a warlock/spriest will favor mages heavily since you wont have to waste a blanket silence to protect the frostbomb on the healer due to fear, but obviously a pretty heavy nerf to mage damage outside of healer switches

outside of that, pushes mages strongly towards playing cc heavy (wizard cleave) comps where healers are under more pressure with dispel and possibly cant prioritize dispelling bomb over everything else

on topic enough for you? :)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 13 December 2012 - 01:00 AM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#263 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

50% is a big number
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#264 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

I suggest  to wait out and see what happens with those nerfs. If they are not appropriate they will be fixed (sometime :P), as we have already seen by blizzard's actions so far in this expansion. Just be patient - it might turn out to be not so bad.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#265 horyshit

horyshit
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2585

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

View PostIcedbrisktea, on 13 December 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

feel like damn...

#266 bighandxyz

bighandxyz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2041

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

mage still do alot of bursts and pressure. you just have to actually set it up now instead of just frost bomb + fireblast

I'm not even convinced this will bring mages down to below average. Or even average. They'll still be amazing for 3s cause pom ring counter spell sheep deep 150k frost bombs

Edited by bighandxyz, 13 December 2012 - 01:31 AM.

#267 J_DA

J_DA
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • RBG: 1698

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

View Postbighandxyz, on 13 December 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

mage still do alot of bursts and pressure. you just have to actually set it up now instead of just frost bomb + fireblast

I'm not even convinced this will bring mages down to below average. Or even average. They'll still be amazing for 3s cause pom ring counter spell sheep deep 150k frost bombs

YEAH THEY'LL STILL BE AMAZING ONCE EVERY 45 SECONDS - if you can manage to cross CC the whole team, make sure they don't have a shadowpriest for MD and manage to catch everyone in a RoF whilst ensuring none of them have trinket. In comparison to most other classes seems like a lot of work.

#268 Polygonzz

Polygonzz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1467
  • 3v3: 2192
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1994

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

who is next spriests or ferals

#269 Leeston

Leeston
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

View PostIcedbrisktea, on 13 December 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

The problem I found was that one-shotting all these idiots was not even fun to me. In fact, I would even get frustrated because the game shouldn't be played like that. All I want in this game is to be able to win a game and actually feel like damn...we really out played them there.

This was the problem I was having.  It just wasn't an enjoyable playstyle.  I felt like every game I wasn't really doing much until I just randomly did ridiculous burst.  Because of this burst, most teams have to train a mage to stop damage, this went on until the mage got free for a moment and killed someone or the team killed the mage.  This wasn't fun for the mage or the other team.  At least they unnerfed fire a bit, probably more useable now.

Edited by Leeston, 13 December 2012 - 01:57 AM.

#270 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

View PostLeeston, on 13 December 2012 - 01:56 AM, said:

This was the problem I was having.  It just wasn't an enjoyable playstyle.  I felt like every game I wasn't really doing much until I just randomly did ridiculous burst.  Because of this burst, most teams have to train a mage to stop damage, this went on until the mage got free for a moment and killed someone or the team killed the mage.  This wasn't fun for the mage or the other team.  At least they unnerfed fire a bit, probably more useable now.

That's a problem though, after taking millions of damage, faking every single interrupt an enemy team has to offer and managing to actually get that frostbomb off, making sure enemy healer or sp doesn't instantly dispel it off, I believe you should be allowed to do atleast some damage? Now it's going to be 50k bomb for doing all that work and a proc that is purged off faster than your own gcd allows. Doesn't sound very rewarding.
www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#271 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/1/2/2/.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

In my opinion, it's a change that's healthy for the game, the only reason this is bad because they need to make some other changes towards other classes/mechanics in the game;

1) Change shadow-priests, maybe improve damage - reduce utility/survival

2) Nerf ferals, ugh.. everything about them is just crazy.

3) Perhaps increase the defensive dispel cooldown to 10-12 seconds, I think this would probably be a good change. Not sure.

4) Reduce the amount of insane instant CC's in the game and the amount of interrupts as well + add some non-interrupt/non-cc spells to certain classes, spells with interesting mechanics, because the game is just ridiculously boring to play... And that is a big issue, balance isn't even the main issue IMO. Some classes should have a lot of CC, right now every class in the game does. It doesn't make sense and makes the game boring as you can't even play, you just AFK while you are CC'd. Also I don't understand why the game is based on cooldowns so much, tone down ALL burst cooldowns, increase consistent damage to compensate.

5) Perhaps completely change the way frost bomb works, make it do little to no damage, and only snare (+procs) the enemies surrounding explosion for 3-4 sec instead, bringing back the Cone of Cold kinda mechanic. That would make sense, seeing as we are frost mages, not elemental shamans, I don't understand why we got placed in such a role. We were meant to control things, and now we basically only have RoF+Nova left for that.

6) With the way they are designing this x-pac, I assume that they don't want cooldowns/spells to be countered with one spammable button press. Remove snare removal upon shapeshifting, maybe I am a little biased here, but it also doesn't make sense with the way the game is now. Give them a talent/glyph that makes escape slows/snares every 12 seconds upon shape shifting, rather than unlimited use.

Furthermore, buff Frostbolt/Ice Lance damage. Get rid of the Spell Steal completely (replace with new, interesting ability), it's a spell that doesn't make sense right now at all. It's a weird mechanic, not a good design at all. Press spell steal twice, hope to get a game changing buff, or go oom and get nothing. What were they promoting with this?

That is, my constructive feedback for this expansion, and I've played a ridiculous amount of arena games so far. Sadly the arena experience has become kind of garbage, not because of balance or anything, it's just boring and unrewarding, also the 'entire pop-cooldowns and win, no cooldowns and do nothing' is a very poor design.

Edited by Xandyn, 13 December 2012 - 02:24 AM.

#272 Aozlol

Aozlol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blade's Edge
  • Retaliation
  • RBG: 1957

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

View PostXandyn, on 12 December 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

you clearly miss the point why the people are complaining but yeah..

Pretty sure I covered everything. Thanks for your input though.

#273 Aozlol

Aozlol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blade's Edge
  • Retaliation

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

View Postbakbuk, on 13 December 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

I love to see a mage who sit 2.3 and speaks about mages with brain, and how they should play.

I love to see people who make accusations without actually knowing what they're saying.

#274 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/1/2/2/.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

View PostAozlol, on 13 December 2012 - 02:23 AM, said:

Pretty sure I covered everything. Thanks for your input though.

Well in my opinion the complaints are caused by the lack of changes towards other classes along with this. At least that's how I feel. I doubt that this makes Mages much worse in arena, but however it does limit the amount of comps you can play, and it also makes Mages much more annoying to play.

yes we can adapt, but it's still going to be annoying, seeing as detonation time is 6 seconds and dispel CD is only 8 seconds

it also makes healer+mage not viable (I guess that doesn't matter, but still, that's contributing to my point).

The fire blast glyph was never a good thing to begin with, players should be able to counter the frost bomb explosion in one way or another, and when they have no way to counter it - they should be punished, before - you would get punished just for getting frost bombed on.

Edited by Xandyn, 13 December 2012 - 02:29 AM.

#275 Aozlol

Aozlol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blade's Edge
  • Retaliation

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

View PostXandyn, on 13 December 2012 - 02:27 AM, said:

Well in my opinion the complaints are caused by the lack of changes towards other classes along with this. At least that's how I feel. I doubt that this makes Mages much worse in arena, but however it does limit the amount of comps you can play, and it also makes Mages much more annoying to play.

yes we can adapt, but it's still going to be annoying, seeing as detonation time is 6 seconds and dispel CD is only 8 seconds

it also makes healer+mage not viable (I guess that doesn't matter, but still, that's contributing to my point).

The fire blast glyph was never a good thing to begin with, players should be able to counter the frost bomb explosion in one way or another, and when they have no way to counter it - they should be punished, before - you would get punished just for getting frost bombed on.

I'm assuming you mean, they're fucking mages but not doing anything to ferals/spriests/other classes/specs that people are concerned about. Which is understandable and hopefully other classes will be dealt with soon enough.

I don't know if I completely agree with it limiting mage comps, but I see where you're coming from when stating that. I feel like Mage/melee will have a hard time with this change, due to lack of damage outside of deep. Which is why I previously mentioned how this change will just make mages have to play around deep swaps/deep setups. It's annoying as hell for sure. So I do see your aggravation when it comes to mage comps after this change.

I agree, it's going to be annoying, I guess it just comes down to getting the dispels out of the way before giving the d. Against any good team I feel like it's going to be annoying as hell, but I think forcing dispels and maximizing damage within the cool down of dispels is what mages will have to capitalize on.

Note/Edit: Sorta new to quoting shit and stuff, sorry if you don't notice exactly what I'm referring to and when, but I'm sure you can figure it out:)

Edited by Aozlol, 13 December 2012 - 02:56 AM.

#276 hirtqt

hirtqt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline 2/0/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 732

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

:warrior: :mage: x :heart:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#277 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

I love how here a lot of people want to change spriests now, but on the qq thread ala regent, everyone said they are fine.  Ironic how that works isn't it lol

#278 Surel

Surel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/0/2/.
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

I thinck that these spells destroy arena.

*Shockwave,AOE RANGED KIDNEYSHOT THAT DOSNT REQUIRE COMBO POINTS ON A 20 SEC CD. "ok"
*Berserker Rage, atleast lichborn has a long cd and shoudnt be use just to break fears.
*Tremor Totem, this is simple the most braindead ability in arena
*POM + Ring
*Blood Fear
*Feral Instant cyclone
*Blinding Light

#279 Gabbit

Gabbit
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

yeah that blinding light has been destroying arena
Gabbitnerdo ----- League of legends.

#280 Railander

Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1503
  • 3v3: 1573
  • 5v5: 1227
  • RBG: 768

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

View PostSurel, on 13 December 2012 - 03:44 AM, said:

I thinck that these spells destroy arena.

*Shockwave,AOE RANGED KIDNEYSHOT THAT DOSNT REQUIRE COMBO POINTS ON A 20 SEC CD. "ok"
*Berserker Rage, atleast lichborn has a long cd and shoudnt be use just to break fears.
*Tremor Totem, this is simple the most braindead ability in arena
*POM + Ring
*Blood Fear
*Feral Instant cyclone
*Blinding Light
i personally dont think blinding light is bad given its a big cd, it just feels weird to be caught in a cc chain repentance>stun>blinding light, from a healer...
as a warlock i can say for sure that blood fear is the most idiotic spell we have atm.
shockwave also needs double of the current cd

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<