affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

We have less battlefield control than we've ever had (literally EVER - 60/70/80/85 we had more control).  We're 100% reliant on DF bomb burst for damage and now we can't do that.  We have less damage outside of deep than ever before.

The only thing propping us up was game ending burst inside deep freeze.  Now we don't have that anymore.  What are Mages good for now?

Obviously bomb was broken... but now Mages are just broken once the hotfix goes live.  They broke the class in MoP.

#242 sounds

sounds
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

View Postpyrellael_3428244, on 12 December 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

But regentlord,... You might have forgotten about all of those ways to prevent just one spell from going off since you sat at your keyboard and watched your hunters stampede kill all three players on the opposing team within 10 seconds.

Posted Image

#243 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

View Postaffix, on 12 December 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

We have less battlefield control than we've ever had (literally EVER - 60/70/80/85 we had more control).  We're 100% reliant on DF bomb burst for damage and now we can't do that.  We have less damage outside of deep than ever before.

The only thing propping us up was game ending burst inside deep freeze.  Now we don't have that anymore.  What are Mages good for now?

Obviously bomb was broken... but now Mages are just broken once the hotfix goes live.  They broke the class in MoP.

Unfortunately, a very similar thing happened to Warlocks in MoP.  Good luck dude.  :)

#244 Antitaleon

Antitaleon
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/2/1/0

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

love this thugjitsu kid and braindance posts rofl
Posted Image

3x glad 1x r1 logics

Spoiler

Spoiler

#245 Aozlol

Aozlol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blade's Edge
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1957

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

Ok, for everyone that clearly doesn't have a brain and fail to understand the change, mages with a brain can easily adapt. It's just more about setting up kills. To be honest, against a team with a brain, mage teams shouldn't get kills outside of deep/pom ring. My suggestion is, play better and wait for changes to come.

I think all mages are making a bigger deal than this is. Just be better and play better.

#246 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

If you havin frostbomb problems I feel bad for you son I got 99 problems but mage aint 1. Every team without a mage T_T

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#247 Beijaflor

Beijaflor
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2038
  • 3v3: 2416
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 576

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

View PostIcekingx, on 12 December 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

If you havin frostbomb problems I feel bad for you son I got 99 problems but mage aint 1. Every team without a mage T_T
but being afk 23 hours a day is

#248 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

View PostXandyn, on 12 December 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

lol ye they just obliterated mage gameplay this season overall, idk what they were thinking to make us reliant on ONE spell cast to do damage when every class has like 500 interrupts and 500 gap closers XD

but like I said twice now, over all this is a good change, but some sort of mini compensation is required in my opinion, or they should tone down some other things that are not mage related

Imo... Early frost should be readded to the game so frostbolt might be worth casting every so often >.>

#249 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

it's unfortunate that blizzard has to completely ruin a glyph like this, although it wasn't skillful by any means, fireblast glyph seemed completely necessary in the current metagame especially after the countdown timer increase on frost bomb.  Damage on frostbomb most assuredly needed a nerf but by no means by values as harsh as 50% and especially with no compensation elsewhere (honestly what was blizzard thinking). I doubt any frost mages will run with fireblast glyph after this goes live and we will most likely see haste gain some popularity. For the people expecting mage burst to be toned down I know this is going to come as a big suprise but the numbers will stay the same. We will still see the same 70% of someone hp in a deep just less often because of how mages are going to have to let frostbomb countdown naturally and therefore become more susceptible to dispel (eventually a proper setup will occur it will just be less often). I don't think frost mages will be ruined or dead by any means but I do believe blizzard has made a change that avoided the issue altogether. Maybe lowering the damage of frostbomb individually, not just when modified by the fireblast glyph, by a less extreme percentage like 15-20% would be more appropriate.

#250 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/1/2/2/.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

View PostAozlol, on 12 December 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

Ok, for everyone that clearly doesn't have a brain and fail to understand the change, mages with a brain can easily adapt. It's just more about setting up kills. To be honest, against a team with a brain, mage teams shouldn't get kills outside of deep/pom ring. My suggestion is, play better and wait for changes to come.

I think all mages are making a bigger deal than this is. Just be better and play better.

you clearly miss the point why the people are complaining but yeah..

#251 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

View Poststalebagel, on 12 December 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

it's unfortunate that blizzard has to completely ruin a glyph like this, although it wasn't skillful by any means, fireblast glyph seemed completely necessary in the current metagame especially after the countdown timer increase on frost bomb.  Damage on frostbomb most assuredly needed a nerf but by no means by values as harsh as 50% and especially with no compensation elsewhere (honestly what was blizzard thinking). I doubt any frost mages will run with fireblast glyph after this goes live and we will most likely see haste gain some popularity. For the people expecting mage burst to be toned down I know this is going to come as a big suprise but the numbers will stay the same. We will still see the same 70% of someone hp in a deep just less often because of how mages are going to have to let frostbomb countdown naturally and therefore become more susceptible to dispel (eventually a proper setup will occur it will just be less often). I don't think frost mages will be ruined or dead by any means but I do believe blizzard has made a change that avoided the issue altogether. Maybe lowering the damage of frostbomb individually, not just when modified by the fireblast glyph, by a less extreme percentage like 15-20% would be more appropriate.
This guy is my hero, js.

Honest though? Maybe fire is going to be seen a lot more! Dem combusts >(O-O)>

Edited by pyrellael_3428244, 12 December 2012 - 11:40 PM.

#252 Mitis

Mitis
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2012

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

turtle turtle turtle turtle deep turtle turtle turtle deep turtle turtle deep

#253 Railander

Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Demonology 1/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1490
  • 3v3: 1516
  • 5v5: 1916
  • RBG: 1833

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

i hate pointing out the obvious but... you do realize mages have more than 1 spec, right? and im sure one of them is more than viable.

Posted Image

#254 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2246
  • 3v3: 2532

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

one of the most consistent and intelligent mage posters since arenas were introduced to this game, didnt realise you were playing again :)

View PostRailander, on 12 December 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

i hate pointing out the obvious but... you do realize mages have more than 1 spec, right? and im sure one of them is more than viable.
arcane? lol

fire? no damage outside of deep and then either no damage in deep or 2x-3x 250k pyro crits globaling something

ur right, how dare we be annoyed that they break the main thing keeping frost functioning in mop arena

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 12 December 2012 - 11:46 PM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#255 Icedbrisktea

Icedbrisktea
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1913
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

View PostXandyn, on 12 December 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

lol ye they just obliterated mage gameplay this season overall, idk what they were thinking to make us reliant on ONE spell cast to do damage when every class has like 500 interrupts and 500 gap closers XD

but like I said twice now, over all this is a good change, but some sort of mini compensation is required in my opinion, or they should tone down some other things that are not mage related

and a question to mages really, does anyone even enjoy playing mage this season lol, if so, how? all you do is try to kill people with frost bomb the entire game and if it gets dispelled somehow you just wanna kill yourself, then press orb when ready, press ice lance for 20k-30k dmg, pom rof something on cd, try to rngsteal something, if born lucky get a buff, if not get nothing other than no mana left, try to use our awesome alter time ability to do something cool, jk dispelled, not a boring class at all haha

I agree with you 100%. First I will come out with saying that frost bomb damage was way too high. If anything were to not have a trinket they would die to a on-use trinket > Frozen orb> Frost bomb> Deep Freeze> Blanket Cs every time, well only if I did not get interrupted by the thousand of things this game has to offer in MoP.

The problem I found was that one-shotting all these idiots was not even fun to me. In fact, I would even get frustrated because the game shouldn't be played like that. All I want in this game is to be able to win a game and actually feel like damn...we really out played them there. Problem is that I don't think I will get this feeling in this season at least, possibly this whole expansion.

In conclusion, Frost bomb does need a nerf. I just think that if were going to have to let our frost bombs expire for the maximum burst then it should either explode sooner or at least have a small negative effect on the player that dispelled it. Also I don't think they should of started out with a 50% nerf.

Edited by Icedbrisktea, 13 December 2012 - 12:15 AM.

Posted Image

#256 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/2/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 480
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

When is it going live :((((((((((((??

#257 bakbuk

bakbuk
  • Junkies

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

View PostAozlol, on 12 December 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

I love to see a mage who sit 2.3 and speaks about mages with brain, and how they should play. <3
This change will just buff melee cleaves who will have to sit 1 target the entire game & win. The ONLY kill opportunities vs a good team are when you coordinate deep with cc of yr partners. 180k frost bomb it's brainless, but changing the explosion of frostbomb from 4 to 6 sec, deep from 5 to 4 and dmg of 50% when you swap isn't too much for a class who will never win an arena for ooming healers?
Imo 50% it's too much, i would have choosed instead that the spell couldn't crit in that case, rather than hope for a 90k to actually make some pressing and force cds.

And blizz, if u wna implement an additional -15% healing, why not nerfing DK dmg? O.o

#258 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

View PostClaynz, on 13 December 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

When is it going live :((((((((((((??
when will they realise that brainless purge / icy touch / tranq shot spam is one of the main things keeping monk/disc healers shit?

View Postbakbuk, on 13 December 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

I love to see a mage who sit 2.3 and speaks about mages with brain, and how they should play. <3
This change will just buff melee cleaves who will have to sit 1 target the entire game & win. The ONLY kill opportunities vs a good team are when you coordinate deep with cc of yr partners. 180k frost bomb it's brainless, but changing the explosion of frostbomb from 4 to 6 sec, deep from 5 to 4 and dmg of 50% when you swap isn't too much for a class who will never win an arena for ooming healers?
Imo 50% it's too much, i would have choosed instead that the spell couldn't crit in that case, rather than hope for a 90k to actually make some pressing and force cds.

And blizz, if u wna implement an additional -15% healing, why not nerfing DK dmg? O.o

learn english please

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 13 December 2012 - 12:11 AM.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#259 Libyanator

Libyanator
  • Barasi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2401

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 13 December 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

learn english please

English is clearly not his primary language, but i gathered what he means just fine?
[3:54:02 AM] Obelodalix: When it's full on flop
[3:54:06 AM] Obelodalix: Mine just gets lost
[3:54:09 AM] Obelodalix: in a sea of balls
[3:54:11 AM] Obelodalix: cuz I'm danny hart

#260 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

View PostLibyanator, on 13 December 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

English is clearly not his primary language, but i gathered what he means just fine?
want a cookie? :) presumed it was obvious i know him and don't like him rather then unspecific annoyance at his knowledge of english :(

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 13 December 2012 - 12:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<