Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Frost Bomb hotfix nerfed oh and warriors too


  • Please log in to reply
407 replies to this topic

#221 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 160
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

View PostBraindance, on 12 December 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

Rogue damage is somewhat OK but their survivability is way to bad compared to anyone else. 75k shockwave crit with the gear you described and without cds is near impossible. Malefic grasp is the problem since it's channeled and it's so prone to interrupts which leads to affliction being bad against every decent team. DK damage is quite good yes, but they still die too fast.

I never called you biased - what a merely said is that if you look at the state  of the game more globally after the nerfs you will see that it's better.
Yes rogue survival is pretty low, the issue with rogues is that prep isn't baseline which it should be, if you can have prep/step rogues are perfectly fine and any skilled rogue shouldn't really need to complain.
But because rogue survival is low that doesn't mean lol buff damage.

Unless you're being sat on as aff and or bad at faking casting dots+ malefic into a burst with another class shouldn't really be a problem... 100k haunts are fun :D

And no... shockwave is retarded and just doesn't need to deal damage to -players-. My mage with about half malevolent gear glyph of armors and molten armor up got hit by a 112k shockwave I looked up the warrior he was in t2/orc +full cds. So just think if I was ballzy and tried to be in mage armor that game =p Jk didn't matter got hit for 400k in 2 globals. But that's besides the point

Also with dks... if they space their cds and your healer isn't a moron... it's not exactly difficult at that point to play tsg... I would know
>(O-O)> [Sunglasses on inside face].

Also my bad, I thought you were calling me biased towards this whole conversation. I mean...
The game is supposed to be balanced around 2 dps 1 healer vs 2 dps 1 healer.
So when a warrior charges me (warbringer 3sec) and I look at his buffs and see NO cds popped and watch misc large numbers pop across my screen die in a shockwave with no trinket and before my last stand pops... I get a little madbro.
I really need to screenshot the next time I get forced to drop the soap by one.
It went something like 87k collosus smash, 120k mortal strike 150k Heroic strike 100k shockwave.

I just don't know why it's fair that a stun on the same CD as kidney shot with the duration of Deep freeze that can hit -multiple targets- and has no ramp up time IE must be frozen, requires Combo points etc.... Is allowed to hit for ANY Damage -period-  let alone hit for 100k CDS or NOT.

#222 Shadaka

Shadaka
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 94
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/0/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2045
  • 3v3: 2469
  • RBG: 384

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

has this gone live yet? just did a BG and still getting 100k crits....

#223 Pankakez

Pankakez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Antonidas
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 194
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1789
  • 3v3: 2052
  • RBG: 2322

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Friends doing arena saying the hotfixes arnt live.

Edited by lukyroughneck08, 12 December 2012 - 09:35 PM.

......

#224 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Posts: 975
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

View PostShadaka, on 12 December 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

has this gone live yet? just did a BG and still getting 100k crits....
I just tested it on a dummy did 50k-61k without popping on use/jade spirit proc so maybe on some servers but not all?

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#225 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 160
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

View PostRegent, on 12 December 2012 - 09:26 PM, said:

I was referring to your statement of warriors not being able to be interrupted? Frost nova and walking away stop all their damage?

What do you mean they can't be interrupted, that's not even...
He means you can kick Frost bomb you can't prevent a warrior from using his damage abilities.
Let's be real here, warriors rarely have an issue sitting on one target let alone a mage
Double charge, Safeguard, spell reflect, Shockwave from god knows what range, Disrupting shout if close enough(the hell if I know why that's in the game on any class) Don't forget your healers dispell, and Double Freedom. Not even including a third partner...
But regentlord,... You might have forgotten about all of those ways to prevent just one spell from going off since you sat at your keyboard and watched your hunters stampede kill all three players on the opposing team within 10 seconds.

But don't worry guys #FishGuyBalance.

#226 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Posts: 975
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

View Postlukyroughneck08, on 12 December 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

Friends doing arena saying the hotfixes arnt live.
Just did this on a dummy though I did notice something when I did blow up the frostbomb with fireblast on a target in nova got 50-60k but when I had nova around something else next to it when it went off hit for 80k maybe thats what they were talking about?

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#227 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 772
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

View PostDakkrothy, on 12 December 2012 - 10:33 AM, said:

it was unclear before it got cleared up u massive potatoe

Awww!!!

Did you know I was Danish?

#228 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 160
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 12 December 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

enter an arena or rbg with a mage and get him to use coldsnap in the starting area
notice how much it heals for
then get the same mage to use cold snap in a duel
notice the 15%/30% difference in healing


The passive I mentioned before is only activated when another player hits you from how I understand it

Dealing damage to another player in battle causes them to receive 30% less healing.
Directly from the passive in your spellbook (general section)

That debuff is probably simply passively active in arenas bgs etc.

Edited by pyrellael_3428244, 12 December 2012 - 09:45 PM.


#229 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3612
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

View Postpyrellael_3428244, on 12 December 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Yes rogue survival is pretty low, the issue with rogues is that prep isn't baseline which it should be, if you can have prep/step rogues are perfectly fine and any skilled rogue shouldn't really need to complain.
But because rogue survival is low that doesn't mean lol buff damage.

Unless you're being sat on as aff and or bad at faking casting dots+ malefic into a burst with another class shouldn't really be a problem... 100k haunts are fun :D

And no... shockwave is retarded and just doesn't need to deal damage to -players-. My mage with about half malevolent gear glyph of armors and molten armor up got hit by a 112k shockwave I looked up the warrior he was in t2/orc +full cds. So just think if I was ballzy and tried to be in mage armor that game =p Jk didn't matter got hit for 400k in 2 globals. But that's besides the point

Also with dks... if they space their cds and your healer isn't a moron... it's not exactly difficult at that point to play tsg... I would know
>(O-O)> [Sunglasses on inside face].

Also my bad, I thought you were calling me biased towards this whole conversation. I mean...
The game is supposed to be balanced around 2 dps 1 healer vs 2 dps 1 healer.
So when a warrior charges me (warbringer 3sec) and I look at his buffs and see NO cds popped and watch misc large numbers pop across my screen die in a shockwave with no trinket and before my last stand pops... I get a little madbro.
I really need to screenshot the next time I get forced to drop the soap by one.
It went something like 87k collosus smash, 120k mortal strike 150k Heroic strike 100k shockwave.

I just don't know why it's fair that a stun on the same CD as kidney shot with the duration of Deep freeze that can hit -multiple targets- and has no ramp up time IE must be frozen, requires Combo points etc.... Is allowed to hit for ANY Damage -period-  let alone hit for 100k CDS or NOT.
It's not shockwave itself - it's a weak hitting ability compared to ms and heroic strike. It's the stacking of a huge amount of cds that make numbers like this happen. Abilities that hit for 100k should exist but shouldn't be chained (resulting in 1-shots). Again, it all boils down to too many cds stacking with each other (warriors get pvp trinket+24% damage+20% more crit damage+50% more crit+blood fury if orc in cds which is just too much).

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#230 Vexxius

Vexxius
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 2022
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1692
  • 3v3: 2432
  • RBG: 383
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

Time to cleave. Harder.
Spoiler


#231 Justwoo

Justwoo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 502
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/2/2

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

mages better que before it goes live

yommo
Posted Image

#232 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 160
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

View PostBraindance, on 12 December 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

It's not shockwave itself - it's a weak hitting ability compared to ms and heroic strike. It's the stacking of a huge amount of cds that make numbers like this happen. Abilities that hit for 100k should exist but shouldn't be chained (resulting in 1-shots). Again, it all boils down to too many cds stacking with each other (warriors get pvp trinket+24% damage+20% more crit damage+50% more crit+blood fury if orc in cds which is just too much).
No you're missing my point, I'm saying it just doesn't need to do damage in general who cares if it's with or without cds that it hits as hard as it does, Actually just look at it this way. Mages main damaging ability is frost bomb...

When the hotfix goes live mages with full cds up are going to get maybe if they're lucky 80k bombs(when fireblast exploded)...

warriors... Still going to get 100k+ shockwaves AND the ability stuns and can hit multiple targets for the same amount where as frost bomb does half damage on off targets.

I'm back to my original point it just straight up doesn't need to deal damage.

#233 Pumpinz

Pumpinz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 13
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/1/1
  • RBG: 1673

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Fuck this but im glad they are at least making changes....

#234 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 160
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Oh well, we're gonna see a lack of mages and a lot of qq that the noobs can't kill anything... then we're gonna see them overbuffing them again.
#MarineBiologist

#235 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 1629
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

go live NAOW

#236 trolololz

trolololz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nagrand
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 368
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

Nerf to the ground and buff some class to the top ? Nice logic.

In any case, they can do whatever they want, even if the pvp get balanced, the game itself will stay boring and not funny at all because MoP destroyed all the fun in PvP.

Edited by trolololz, 12 December 2012 - 10:26 PM.


#237 J_DA

J_DA
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 105
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1698

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Truly is the melee season, excluding SPs. Melee/SP/X will be fotm.. I really don't see mages being viable now, especially vs any melee team that will interrupt your puny frostbomb damage and avoid your orb of frost so you get like 2/3x lance procs a minute if you're lucky. G fucking G

#238 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 1060
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/1/2/2/.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

lol ye they just obliterated mage gameplay this season overall, idk what they were thinking to make us reliant on ONE spell cast to do damage when every class has like 500 interrupts and 500 gap closers XD

but like I said twice now, over all this is a good change, but some sort of mini compensation is required in my opinion, or they should tone down some other things that are not mage related

and a question to mages really, does anyone even enjoy playing mage this season lol, if so, how? all you do is try to kill people with frost bomb the entire game and if it gets dispelled somehow you just wanna kill yourself, then press orb when ready, press ice lance for 20k-30k dmg, pom rof something on cd, try to rngsteal something, if born lucky get a buff, if not get nothing other than no mana left, try to use our awesome alter time ability to do something cool, jk dispelled, not a boring class at all haha

Edited by Xandyn, 12 December 2012 - 10:52 PM.


#239 Raak

Raak
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 733
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1693
  • 3v3: 2124

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

View PostXandyn, on 12 December 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

some sort of mini compensation is required in my opinion


How about a nice, fluffy ingame pet?

Something like this:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#240 J_DA

J_DA
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 105
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1698

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Also too late to re-roll as it takes 90 years to get gear and your class is unplayable until T1. Sickest game.

Quote

lol ye they just obliterated mage gameplay this season overall, idk what they were thinking to make us reliant on ONE spell cast to do damage when every class has like 500 interrupts and 500 gap closers XD

but like I said twice now, over all this is a good change, but some sort of mini compensation is required in my opinion, or they should tone down some other things that are not mage related

and a question to mages really, does anyone even enjoy playing mage this season lol, if so, how? all you do is try to kill people with frost bomb the entire game and if it gets dispelled somehow you just wanna kill yourself, then press orb when ready, press ice lance for 20k-30k dmg, pom rof something on cd, try to rngsteal something, if born lucky get a buff, if not get nothing other than no mana left, try to use our awesome alter time ability to do something cool, jk dispelled, not a boring class at all haha

They're over-retarded our class and now totally gimped it so we're boring as fuck to play and also tearing our hair out trying to get off a frostbomb cast that 90% will get dispelled with 38 interrupts from every player in the game.
Ghostcrawler for president

Edited by J_DA, 12 December 2012 - 10:58 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<