• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2178

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostDakkrothy, on 12 December 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

you just made it sound like mages are the worst class in the game...................... g

t

f

o

Have you played a mage since the change? They are going to be right down there with locks. Kitty cleave to R1 gogogogogo

#202 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

I would face an op melee cleave all day than face mages as stupid as they were

#203 Zeiyo

Zeiyo
  • Junkies

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 12 December 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

the my spec that i choose to play is shit but as long as other caster specs are shit too its ok mentality sounds fun

oh wait i forgot

you play a warrior

xD

1. no its not ok that my spec is now shit because it got indirectly nerfed because blizzard are lazy
2. you are acting like mages just got nerfed to some unplayable arena class, when in all fairness they got brought off god tier down to a reasonable/good state
3. i play warrior? if you mean as an alt in full blues for fun because they was stupidly OP and it was funny then yes, but whats your point?

#204 Shizz

Shizz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

View Postdjp771133, on 12 December 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

I would face an op melee cleave all day than face mages as stupid as they were

You are a warrior!!! Imagine if you could only do significant damage once every 15-20 seconds depending on jukes sutns etc then once you finally were able to it gets dispeleld and you are right back to getting SHIT ON.  It must be nice to be able to tunnel damage with no interupts.  The ONLY way you should die to a mage is if you get stuck out of D stance in a deep with no trinket and your 10 million def cd's are down and both of your teamates are cc'd. If that happens you deserve to die.

#205 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostShizz, on 12 December 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

You are a warrior!!! Imagine if you could only do significant damage once every 15-20 seconds depending on jukes sutns etc then once you finally were able to it gets dispeleld and you are right back to getting SHIT ON.  It must be nice to be able to tunnel damage with no interupts.  The ONLY way you should die to a mage is if you get stuck out of D stance in a deep with no trinket and your 10 million def cd's are down and both of your teamates are cc'd. If that happens you deserve to die.

Not sure if serious. >.>

#206 Coldizzle

Coldizzle
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1245
  • 3v3: 2285
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

they should nerfed arround 20%

#207 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

View PostRegent, on 12 December 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

Not sure if serious. >.>
not sure if mentally retarded

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#208 Shizz

Shizz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 12 December 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

not sure if mentally retarded

Love!! Cant wait to see the warrior arguments.  And just to be clear I have no issue with nerfing frost bomb, its the way it was nerfed

#209 Ziqoo

Ziqoo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/1/.
  • RBG: 959

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

View PostShadowtiger, on 12 December 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

wait a year and a half for the fix and you know how hunters have felt about countless of bugs.

Oh and we got powershot and glaives that AoE people out of CC, not to mention they both randomly fail (deal 0 dmg, don't show up on combat log, but go on cooldown/cost focus) half of the time. Well I guess it ain't that important considering powershot only has 1 min cooldown,3 sec cast time and is our main nuke.

play bm

#210 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

View PostZiqoo, on 12 December 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

play bm
being a special snowflake and choosing to play a semi shit spec rather then playing one of the best ranged damage specs in the game is fun ok

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#211 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostBraindance, on 12 December 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

a) MS is 25% of the 70% so it's 17.5% reduction. Even then healing remains strong because you forget pvp power and how it affects healing. To see how strong healing is without that 30% feel free to duel any healer (but discipline) take him to 10% and let him cast an NS heal.
b)Shockwave hits for that much once every 3 mins, since you need both avatar and trinket to make it happen (shockwave scales with ap not weapon dmg). This is something that happens every 3 mins compared to something that happens 18 times more often (10 seconds)
c)Frost bomb still does it's full damage - now it has to be set up instead of only casting it and instantly detonating it - that was a good way of nerfing it. Mages are not hitting for nothing outside of frost bomb, they still do average to good damage without it (when compared to other classes).

Overall both changes were great. Warriors are t1 but I have my reservations saying they are the best class right now since sp's and ferals have not been yet touched. What is left to change is:

-Buff affliction, rogues, discipline and elemental
-Nerf some of sp utility
-Tone done ferals' damage if they retain instant clone and the rest of their utility
-Buff dk survivability

In summation, this season looks better and better each week, if you actually see the unbiased big picture and not through the eyes of your class.
Uhm I'm sorry but I play more than just an hpal, First off Rogues damage is fine, sucks that it takes some setup and you can't just burst through all defensives like you could in cata, (I had a legendary dagger/vial rogue) Was a joke
Also the 30% healing debuff works in duels

Now back to shockwave..... my shaman has t2 and and 63% resil.... No cds from the warrior AT all besides battleshout I got hit for a 75k shockwave crit, I wish I screenshot it but it happens so consistantly to me I didn't think I'd ever be in a situation where i'd have to prove it >.>
Affliction can do really great damage actually during cooldowns but I don't think aff is broken I think the old playstyle is broken, I love my lock but when I play aff I generally just focus tunneling damage into one or two targets instead of dotting EVERYTHING, Especially since most of your damage comes from malefic grasp+haunt.

Why do dks need survival buffs? Every dk I see sits blood presence and takes 10% less damage, 25% stam and armor by 55%
if you space your cds with your healer I don't see why they're in need of buffs, Not like dks damage is low or something. (I've played with an amazing dk before) Yes they get crushed by feral/war comps but they're beatable.

Ferals instant cyclones when cast with predatory's swiftness or w/e it's called now need to be dispellable when instant cast like that (Nature's swiftness left untouched)

Shadow priests... I don't even know anymore with the way this game is

Also for the record I don't try and make biased assumptions, I want to see the game somewhat balanced not lol broken like this.

#212 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

View Postpyrellael_3428244, on 12 December 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

Also for the record I don't try and make biased assumptions, I want to see the game somewhat balanced not lol broken like this.
non biased assumptions get completely drowned out by the retards on this website sorry :)

for example

View PostBraindance, on 12 December 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

a) MS is 25% of the 70% so it's 17.5% reduction. Even then healing remains strong because you forget pvp power and how it affects healing. To see how strong healing is without that 30% feel free to duel any healer (but discipline) take him to 10% and let him cast an NS heal.
healing with 30% debuff in arenas is fine and strong, to see how strong it is duel a healer outside arenas where the 30% debuff is not applied and let them spam heal

xxDD

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 12 December 2012 - 08:53 PM.

#213 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 12 December 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

non biased assumptions get completely drowned out by the retards on this website sorry :)

for example

healing with 30% debuff in arenas is fine, to see how fine it is duel a healer outside arenas where the 30% debuff is not applied and let them heal

xxDD
Dealing damage to another player in battle causes them to receive 30% less healing. It says nothing about zone or anything so it's definitely affected in duels and what not. >.>

#214 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

View Postpyrellael_3428244, on 12 December 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

Uhm I'm sorry but I play more than just an hpal, First off Rogues damage is fine, sucks that it takes some setup and you can't just burst through all defensives like you could in cata, (I had a legendary dagger/vial rogue) Was a joke
Also the 30% healing debuff works in duels

Now back to shockwave..... my shaman has t2 and and 63% resil.... No cds from the warrior AT all besides battleshout I got hit for a 75k shockwave crit, I wish I screenshot it but it happens so consistantly to me I didn't think I'd ever be in a situation where i'd have to prove it >.>
Affliction can do really great damage actually during cooldowns but I don't think aff is broken I think the old playstyle is broken, I love my lock but when I play aff I generally just focus tunneling damage into one or two targets instead of dotting EVERYTHING, Especially since most of your damage comes from malefic grasp+haunt.

Why do dks need survival buffs? Every dk I see sits blood presence and takes 10% less damage, 25% stam and armor by 55%
if you space your cds with your healer I don't see why they're in need of buffs, Not like dks damage is low or something. (I've played with an amazing dk before) Yes they get crushed by feral/war comps but they're beatable.

Ferals instant cyclones when cast with predatory's swiftness or w/e it's called now need to be dispellable when instant cast like that (Nature's swiftness left untouched)

Shadow priests... I don't even know anymore with the way this game is

Rogue damage is somewhat OK but their survivability is way to bad compared to anyone else. 75k shockwave crit with the gear you described and without cds is near impossible. Malefic grasp is the problem since it's channeled and it's so prone to interrupts which leads to affliction being bad against every decent team. DK damage is quite good yes, but they still die too fast.

I never called you biased - what a merely said is that if you look at the state  of the game more globally after the nerfs you will see that it's better.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#215 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

View Postpyrellael_3428244, on 12 December 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

Dealing damage to another player in battle causes them to receive 30% less healing. It says nothing about zone or anything so it's definitely affected in duels and what not. >.>
enter an arena or rbg with a mage and get him to use coldsnap in the starting area
notice how much it heals for
then get the same mage to use cold snap in a duel
notice the 15%/30% difference in healing

View PostBraindance, on 12 December 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

DK damage is quite good yes
understatement of the year

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 12 December 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#216 Raak

Raak
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1693
  • 3v3: 2124

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

I'm not a pro or anything but I seriously doubt that this nerf will "kill mages in arena" like few have implied in this thread.
Posted Image

#217 Retset

Retset
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Protection 0/0/2/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2067

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

View PostThugjitsu, on 12 December 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

Its not rocket science, try putting your bias aside and looking at it logically.

I understand it needed to be nerfed, but going from 3 to 1 PLUS the trinkets nerfs, I dont think you understand how much of a nerf in damage that really is considering our sustained damage outside of burst is mediocre at best.

This is better than any comedy network... ever... this guy is PRICELESS.

#218 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/1/2/2/.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

they should make frost bomb not break CC (that just promotes dumb gameplay, also you can basically avoid any CC by the mages team as a healer if you stay on top of the focused member in your team, it's annoying). and revert it to 4 seconds detonation time - then it would be okay I guess

Edited by Xandyn, 12 December 2012 - 09:17 PM.

#219 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

View PostShizz, on 12 December 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

Love!! Cant wait to see the warrior arguments.  And just to be clear I have no issue with nerfing frost bomb, its the way it was nerfed

I was referring to your statement of warriors not being able to be interrupted? Frost nova and walking away stop all their damage?

What do you mean they can't be interrupted, that's not even...

#220 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

Frost Bomb is an unusual spell: a one-tick DOT with a tick time and a cooldown that are both improved by haste:

0% haste: 5-second detonation time, 10-second cooldown
10% haste: 4.55-second detonation time, 9.09-second cooldown
20% haste: 4.17-second detonation time, 8.33-second cooldown
30% haste: 3.85-second detonation time, 7.69-second cooldown
40% haste: 3.57-second detonation time, 7.14-second cooldown

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<