• US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2196
  • 3v3: 2772
  • 5v5: 384

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

PvP Related Blues

There's been some interesting blue posts and tweets lately regarding PvP. It feels to me that Blizzard has really been trying to "answer" the PvP community as of late. I personally liked that they feel there is too much instant CCs in the game since I share that opinion.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Class Specific
¨What do you think of DK survival in pvp? I quit mine because I realized in premop patch that we were going to be easy target
If you can get a DK to blow all def cooldowns, then they're easier to kill, but you still have Blood Presence.

Why is Blood getting nerfed PvP wise? We have no mobility what so ever.. we are easily kited.WTF. Compensate for the nerf?
We don't like invulnerable tanks in PvP even if they are slow. Blood had too much self-healing in PvP.

How long are we going to have to wait to see shifting out of snares removed?
Not on our radar ATM. We don't want to nerf every counter in PvP, just the ones that feel super frustrating.

Regarding hunters, why is BW, a skill untouched for years suddenly OP? Also 5.1 changes nothing regarding MM being weak in pvp
We don't think defenses used offensively makes good gameplay. They tend to get blown immediately not strategically.

Hey GC with the change in 5.1 making totems act as spells was it intended to nerf all specs or just resto ?
it was intended as a nerf to totems. Now that they do things (not just buffs) they were hard to counter.

General PvP
CC in general is totally out of control, too much instant !@#$ going on
We would very much like to make it so that more crowd controls start going back to having a cast time. We feel that instant cast spells should be something that's rare to see and we admit that they have become far too common.

When you or one of the blizzard staff mentioned the 30% healing nerf in Battlegrounds, I hope you mean hybrids only.
Nope. We suspect healing overall is too potent once burst is toned down. You shouldn't need to 100% CC a healer to score a kill.

Make PvP abilities a mod to PvE abilities = PvP changes isolated. Add PvP Stance for equipment/glyphs, fallback to PvE gear.
We make abilities work differently as a later sort, but I for one don't want to have to earn two different rule sets.

greg making two rule sets is the only way to fix the PVE vs PVP issue. have you not learned that yet?
Disagree. Also even if true, perfect balance gains us nothing if a bunch of players leave because the rules are inscrutable.

A flightless Tol Barad-type zone is essential for world pvp. Do you regret not making one for MoP or plan to make one?
We had done those zones 2 expansions in a row so felt it was time to let it rest a bit, but I bet we try them again in the future.

Why are the PvP achievements so limited? No 2,4k in 2v2. No 1k arenas won? 5k arenas won? Hot Hot Hot streak? #possibilities
We'd like to add more but we need to make sure they don't encourage strange behavior. Ach farming in PvP can get silly fast.

I believe an open mind is more important than a title, experience after that. Sadly, even glads can be very biased.
People who like to eat don't always make good cooks. That doesn't mean they can't tell you what they like to eat.

Do you take advice from a master chef or some guy who just happens to enjoy food?
Both.

So why nerf all specs? Reducing the benefit of mastery in PvP would fix resto, but ele isn't even viable pre-nerfs.
We don't think it's all about the healing, and Resto PvE healing is fine. We think totems are too good.

people will stop complaining about resto pvp nerfs if you nerf frost bomb/ warrior cd stacking/ resto drood control
There are mage and warrior nerfs in 5.1. Keeping an eye on Cyclone for now.

I'm not giving up on skirmish arenas, never, ever. You know we want it. inb4 block :<
We aren't either - it's just not going to be super soon.

Everyone agrees with him/her. This upgrade gear thing is going to make people quit the game. PvP is dying.
claiming to speak for everyone always makes me suspicious.

well, not everyone but the majority i think. btw, i would love to have that pvp forum on the US.
just make good arguments and don't worry about invoking a huge crowd to agree with you. It's not a vote anyway.

• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2214

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

Blizzard is somewhat starting to realize their mistakes, and whats OP and whats not. It's a step in the right direction for sure!

#3 Mundayz

Mundayz
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1588
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

Glad I ended my sub, Blizzard is absolute shit.

#4 phishy

phishy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

what blizzard says and what they do are two entirely different things

#5 zzyzzyzz

zzyzzyzz
  • Junkies

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

they said instant cc wasnt a problem like 2 blue posts ago. now it is

#6 angiejolie

angiejolie
  • Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

[quote name='Vanguards' timestamp='1355248596' post='3818922']
[color=#000000][i]What do you think of DK survival in pvp? I quit mine because I realized in premop patch that we were going to be easy target[/i]
[b][size=3]If you can get a DK to blow all def cooldowns, then they're easier to kill, but you still have Blood Presence.[/size][/b]

[i]How long are we going to have to wait to see shifting out of snares removed?[/i]
[b][size=3]Not on our radar ATM. [/size][/b]

[i]Why are the PvP achievements so limited? No 2,4k in 2v2. No 1k arenas won? 5k arenas won? Hot Hot Hot streak? #possibilities[/i]
[size=3]We'd like to add more but we need to make sure they don't encourage strange behavior. Ach farming in PvP can get silly fast[/size][/color]

[color=#000000][i]people will stop complaining about resto pvp nerfs if you nerf frost bomb/ warrior cd stacking/ resto drood control[/i]
[size=3][b]There are mage and warrior nerfs in 5.1.[/b] Keeping an eye on Cyclone for now.[/size]

[i]Everyone agrees with him/her. This upgrade gear thing is going to make people quit the game. PvP is dying.[/i]
[size=3]claiming to speak for everyone always makes me suspicious. [b]DAT DODGE[/b][/size][/color]

[/quote]

biggest fucking morons on this planet, so happy i'm not playing this shitfest anymore.

#7 Energizzer

Energizzer
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Until the PvP community stops complaining about said Overpowered class/es & actually learn how to play there class from a skill stand point than maybe the game will be on the right track to hopefully becomed balanced. But until than people will continue to just complain that there class is unpowered compared to evertone else.

#8 angiejolie

angiejolie
  • Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

[quote name='Energizzer' timestamp='1355249793' post='3818941']
Until the PvP community stops complaining about said Overpowered class/es & actually learn how to play there class from a skill stand point than maybe the game will be on the right track to hopefully becomed balanced. But until than people will continue to just complain that there class is unpowered compared to evertone else.
[/quote]

i have no words for this, are you trolling or some shit? get the fuck out, top players constantly lose on stream to horrible players playing overpowered shit

#9 kelminak

kelminak
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/0/2
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

[quote][i][color=#FFFFFF][i]¨What do you think of DK survival in pvp? I quit mine because I realized in premop patch that we were going to be easy target[/i][/color][/i]
[i]If you can get a DK to blow all def cooldowns, then they're easier to kill, but you still have [u][b]Blood Presence.[/b][/u]

[color=#FFFFFF][i]Why is Blood getting nerfed PvP wise? We have no mobility what so ever.. we are easily kited.WTF. Compensate for the nerf?[/i][/color][/i]

[i]We don't like invulnerable tanks in PvP even if they are slow. [u][b]Blood had too much self-healing in PvP.[/b][/u][/i][/quote]

I...but...you just...I thought... :confused: :confused: :confused:
Best of luck,
Kelm
Posted Image

#10 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Guardian 2/1/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1558
  • 3v3: 959
  • RBG: 2322
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

[i][color=#FFFFFF][i]Why are the PvP achievements so limited? No 2,4k in 2v2. No 1k arenas won? 5k arenas won? Hot Hot Hot streak? #possibilities[/i][/color]
We'd like to add more but we need to make sure they don't encourage strange behavior. Ach farming in PvP can get silly fast.[/i]

How is it anymore silly than PvE nerds dragonslaying, collecting pets, and building reputations with strange fictional factions?

Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader

http://rbgs.tv/

Posted Image Posted Image

#11 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

[quote name='angiejolie' timestamp='1355249943' post='3818942']
i have no words for this, are you trolling or some shit? get the fuck out, top players constantly lose on stream to horrible players playing overpowered shit
[/quote]

Looking at the top players teams, they seem to have a fairly high winratio with a system thats supposed to bring you to a 50% winratio? If it only happens rarely, they could probably have avoided it (considering most of the dumb shit from 5.0 is removed).

I think these respones are pretty good tbh, you can't expect everyone to get their way. There's way too much bias going on on AJ. Blizzard would fuck the game up even more if they listened to all of AJ.

#12 Poseyx

Poseyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • LocationNY

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

idk what retards are asking these questions but you can tell there obvious reg bg heros, also shifting out of snares isnt really broken for the fact that fmages are out of control and ferals are basically a 3minute class with mediocre damage at best out of cds so your retarded.
www.Twitch.tv/wushington - Multi Gladiator feral stream

Mrlindv - Youtube channel

#13 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

[quote name='Energizzer' timestamp='1355249793' post='3818941']
[/quote]

I almost passed out laughing. You just took trolling to a whole new level.

#14 Smokey89

Smokey89
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/2
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

[quote name='Mundayz' timestamp='1355248970' post='3818926']
Glad I ended my sub, Blizzard is absolute shit.
[/quote]

why the hell are you still looking at WoW sites and forums if you quit rofl?

#15 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

[quote name='xvee' timestamp='1355248956' post='3818925']
Blizzard is somewhat starting to realize their mistakes, and whats OP and whats not. It's a step in the right direction for sure!
[/quote]
Really ? After years of imbalanced PVP you think they just now realized that they crap at balancing PVP ? Not like they knew what was wrong with PVP before, had time to do it finally right, ignored all feedback from BETA and did it all wrong.....

PVP will not be balanced in WOW period. I don't know what is the reason behind it (PVE is their priority, most likely), but if such profitable company really wanted it, they coud have done lot better job long ago.

Edited by a1entity, 11 December 2012 - 07:00 PM.

#16 Callyo

Callyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2387

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

[quote name='Smokey89' timestamp='1355251514' post='3818962']
[/quote]

My thought.

People always cry so much but they always lurk around this WoW forum religiously. lmaoo

Posted Image

#17 Namechangex

Namechangex
  • Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

[quote name='Smokey89' timestamp='1355251514' post='3818962']
[/quote]

Because it's 100% better than the game itself :)
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! Use only common abbreviations and acronyms, and then give their definition as soon after their first use as possible. Occasionally, however, an abbreviation or acronym may be so familiar to intended audiences that it may be used without a definition. In fact, some may be more familiar than the full name. http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#18 Durial

Durial
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationEngland, London

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

[i][color=#000000][i]I'm not giving up on skirmish arenas, never, ever. You know we want it. inb4 block :<[/i][/color]
We aren't either - it's just not going to be super soon.[/i]

Would literally start playing again if skirmish came back.
Gives me something to do when there's nothing to do (Whenever you're not doing Arena(Most of the time(All of the time)))

Edited by Durial, 11 December 2012 - 07:36 PM.

#19 edthelad

edthelad
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/1/0/1/0/.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

I don't understand why they think people won't be able to differentiate between the pvp and pve versions of the same ability. If they can't remember simple ability changes, then they aren't going to be able to cope with any other aspect of pvp and so it wouldn't affect them.
Posted Image

#20 Polizei

Polizei
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

[quote name='edthelad' timestamp='1355263088' post='3819079']
I don't understand why they think people won't be able to differentiate between the pvp and pve versions of the same ability. If they can't remember simple ability changes, then they aren't going to be able to cope with any other aspect of pvp and so it wouldn't affect them.
[/quote]
Maybe GC is talking about himself, as he most likely reached 2.2k for the first time with his mage now and he still doesnt remember to use all CDs when he goes for solokills.

As for the answers, they are typical BS and most of them are plain retarded in terms of PvP balance. DKs heal too much in PvP? DKs survive too much in PvP? General underestimates for the playerbase as they are saying bunch of random shit and will maybe only touch one or two things mentioned in the next patch.
<poliisi mies kerho>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<