• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

I rolled an SP as an alt and done some RBGs. Long story short, it seems like i am roaming around 7-10mil dmg in RBGs and people yell at me not doing enough dmg.  It seems like my dots just randomly disappear and in the current state of pvp things die before i can even get procs off.

Any tipps how to dps as SP in RBGs? I have a feeling i am missing something.

Here is armory if anyone cares: http://us.battle.net.../Vishael/simple

Also, if anyone know any good SP streams/vids for RBGs/arena and could link them, would be much appreciated.
shut up pvp guy

#2 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

You pretty much answered your own question. Just spam dots on everyone, use your procs on the focus target.

#3 Asmodean

Asmodean
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/0/1
  • RBG: 2427

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

Basically what has been said. You should try to keep dots up on at least 2-3 targets. The most important thing is to have coordinated bursts to kill something, therefore you need to find the sweet spot between dotting everything and single target damage. With dots up on about three targets I feel that you get enough proccs to support target switches at a reasonable pace. As regards the spec, you might want to go with spectral guise and halo. The former helps you to get your stuff done, the latter is a quite ok spell to throw in here and there. (You should have enough mana through vt.)

Overall I typically land at the upper end of the damage rankings in RBGs fwiw.

Edited by Asmodean, 14 December 2012 - 12:28 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Owzley

Owzley
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2063

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

A number of high rated spriests have made the switch to Divine Star over Halo - have people noticed any increases/decreases in RBGS with good/bad opinions?

#5 Specisback

Specisback

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

Divine star's damage is quite weak in comparison to that of Halo in an RBG setting. You can send out a Halo and hit a good portion of the people that are battling around you, aiming your biggest hit around 25 yards away from the focus target you are trying to kill. Halo is almost always in the top 2-3 of my highest damage done, and does a significant amount if aimed correctly. Divine star is for more of a healing usage in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<