Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

View PostRaia, on 11 December 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

Also, with the whole frisbee/football on the beach law, that's comparing apples to oranges. Speeding is a universally known law. If there were clearly posted signs saying "No Footballs or Frisbees Permitted on Beach Grounds" you would be at risk for being caught for breaking the law, no matter how stupid the law is. If the law wasn't posted/known, then you could have a reason to be upset.

It is posted, pretty frequently. The issue is that the police officer would have to be the most monumental dickhead in the world to actually ticket somebody for playing football on a public beach, so long as they're not trampling on other peoples' belongings.
Posted Image

#42 Raia

Raia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Retribution
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

I'm talking about writing wrongful tickets and hoping you don't challenge them. I got a ticket at 7:21 AM for parking overnight in a spot that is only metered from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. I got it reversed, but it happens all the time around here. If you park in front of a fire hydrant or in a handicap spot, you obviously deserve it.

I understand what you're saying and agree for the most part. However, I think it's beneficial to have a speed limit at any hour of the day. Too much crazy shit happens at all hours of the day lol.

#43 Raia

Raia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

View PostThedream, on 11 December 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

philly/any college campus have the worst fucking meter maids DUDE

lol I know dude. They literally circle around waiting to catch people for anything lol

#44 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/2

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

got a $75 for parking ~2 feet behind where i was supposed to park, didnt block a crosswalk or anything...but apparently the law is that the *parking here* sign/post must be in line with the end of the driver door, if the post is any further up you get a ticket, mine was in line with my mirror

parked at 7:50 am, ticket was on my windshield at 7:54, either coincidence or they literally do laps around campus looking to write tickets
fuckers

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#45 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

View PostKelustu, on 11 December 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

Right, but like I said before, it's illegal to throw a frisbee without lifeguard permission. Actually, it's now illegal to throw a football on the beaches of Los Angeles. Just because it's against the law doesn't mean everyone needs to be ticketed. If you were sitting here and talking to someone that had been ticketed for playing football on the beach you would CERTAINLY be on their side of the issue.

Depends really...

If there were signs posted along the beach saying "no throwing frisbees/footballs" and then some assholes just walked out on the beach and decided to have a football game, no I wouldn't take their side at all.

If there was really no warning and it was out of ignorance, I'd take their side, but that isn't the situation here is it.

Whoops Goawayidiot beat me to it.

Yea the cop sounds like a dick, and dont get me started on fucking parking tickets!
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#46 Kawklee

Kawklee
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

move to south fl 55mph speed limit everyone days 80 no prob

#47 Matisse

Matisse
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostKelustu, on 11 December 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

Spoiler

You said you don't understand speed limits, so I explained them a bit. Chill.

View PostKelustu, on 11 December 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Spoiler

And, since this is still not clear to anyone here, I'm not saying that it isn't against the law. I'm saying that the cop is doing a shitty job at actually benefiting the public.

For the record, I agree with you that the cop was being kinda shitty. However, if he's supposed to be out there watching traffic, and a car finally comes along and is speeding (not horribly, but technically yes, speeding), he's going to pull you over. Whether he had already made his mind up about giving you a ticket, I'm not sure -- maybe he already planned to, maybe it was your attitude, maybe he wanted to make it look like he was being productive on the night shift.

Are you bothered more by the individual cop, or that there was a speed trap at 3 am?

p.s. Glad the ticket got thrown out.

Posted Image

View PostBreadstick, on 07 September 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

some pickles are really good

#48 Hobbeś

Hobbeś
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

I agree. Police should only go after OTHER people, not me. I'm perfectly capable of judging when it's a good time to break the law safely. These dumb pigs are wasting tax payers hard-earned money by enforcing every dumb law on everybody.

I mean, it's not even like automobiles and speeding kill that many people. I challenge any LEO to post statistics saying otherwise.

#49 Raia

Raia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

View PostThedream, on 11 December 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

got a $75 for parking ~2 feet behind where i was supposed to park, didnt block a crosswalk or anything...but apparently the law is that the *parking here* sign/post must be in line with the end of the driver door, if the post is any further up you get a ticket, mine was in line with my mirror

parked at 7:50 am, ticket was on my windshield at 7:54, either coincidence or they literally do laps around campus looking to write tickets
fuckers

They do laps. You walk within a few blocks of the UWM campus and there are at least 10 tickets out at any given time lol.

#50 Rilor

Rilor
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • RBG: 2342
  • LocationStraya Cunt

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

View PostKelustu, on 11 December 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

If I'm driving in a straight line, with my lights on, not blasting music and only going a bit over the speed limit and the cop presumes that I'm drunk, and you think that's okay, you're literally retarded. You can't just pull people over on the assumption that they're drunk, you need some kind of evidence to the idea that they might be. Speeding is not evidence towards being drunk. And if you REALLY think that a cop is not being a huge fucking twat by pulling someone over at 2 or 3 in the morning for going 15 over the speed limit on an empty freeway in an area where people typically drive 10 over the speed limit during the day, when it's crowded, then you're just plain full of shit.

Also, you can pull someone over and not give them a ticket
In your original whinge you stated 20-30 over the limit. Matter of fact is breaking the law is breaking the fucking law, and you should certainly be getting a ticket regardless of the time of day and amount of traffic. A cop can pull you over for any fucking reason he wants, ever hear of a random breath test?
I think "you're literally retarded" for breaking the law in plain sight of a police officer, but hey were all entitled to our own opinions right?
As I have said twice before, if you don't want to be harassed by police officers stop breaking the fucking law.
I'm the man.

#51 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

What a surprise, Hobbes with the ultimate display of stupidity!

It's stupid that there are "speed traps." There are endless things that police officers should be doing that are a better use of their time. If there was going to be a cop, then he shouldn't have given me the ticket after realizing that I wasn't drunk and was only trying to get home and go to sleep. Both things are obnoxious.
Posted Image

#52 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

View PostRilor, on 11 December 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

In your original whinge you stated 20-30 over the limit. Matter of fact is breaking the law is breaking the fucking law, and you should certainly be getting a ticket regardless of the time of day and amount of traffic. A cop can pull you over for any fucking reason he wants, ever hear of a random breath test?
I think "you're literally retarded" for breaking the law in plain sight of a police officer, but hey were all entitled to our own opinions right?
As I have said twice before, if you don't want to be harassed by police officers stop breaking the fucking law.

Random breathalyzer tests are blatantly not legal. Just because a cop does it does not make it legal. There has to be some shred of evidence. And yes speeding is grounds for a breathalyzer test, which he gave me, and determined I was, in fact, sober. But you're still going on with that fucking moronic horseshit of "it's against the law therefor you deserve a ticket." You ever smoked pot? You deserve time in jail. That's literally the argument you're making.

Also, guarantee you do not drive every day. Literally every single person that drives every day speeds. 20-30 above the limit is only 5-10 above what is average, try reading, it might help you not look like the colossal fucking retard you've just shown yourself to be.

And no, since it's been brought up, I'm not a dick to cops. I have an absolute hatred for stupidity and ignorance, and it definitely comes out in real life, that doesn't mean I'm stupid. I'm not going to mouth off to someone like a cop. "Sorry, officer, I wasn't entirely looking at my speedometer, it's very late and I'm just trying to get home" "No, I have not been drinking tonight." Literally all I said when he gave me the ticket.

Once again, though, the judge threw the case out. I'm going to go ahead and stop arguing this with you. I'm right, the judge agrees with me, it was an anecdote of why people associate cops with being dickheads. There's literally nothing you could say that would make you even the slightest bit right.
Posted Image

#53 Hobbeś

Hobbeś
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

View PostKelustu, on 11 December 2012 - 10:46 PM, said:

What a surprise, Hobbes with the ultimate display of stupidity!

It's stupid that there are "speed traps." There are endless things that police officers should be doing that are a better use of their time. If there was going to be a cop, then he shouldn't have given me the ticket after realizing that I wasn't drunk and was only trying to get home and go to sleep. Both things are obnoxious.

Wow man, I was just agreeing with you. No need to be so hostile

#54 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

"Huuur cops should be spending their time catching murderers not people speeding, texting and driving or any other minor driving offence"

No you fucking dipshits, cops should spend their time catching people that break the law, and that is exactly what you are doing by speeding texting and driving or any other "minor" driving offence. And these so called minor offences can cause catastrophic amounts of damage, as any traffic cop will be able to tell you.
Posted Image

#55 Rilor

Rilor
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • RBG: 2342
  • LocationStraya Cunt

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

View PostKelustu, on 11 December 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

Random breathalyzer tests are blatantly not legal. Just because a cop does it does not make it legal. There has to be some shred of evidence. And yes speeding is grounds for a breathalyzer test, which he gave me, and determined I was, in fact, sober. But you're still going on with that fucking moronic horseshit of "it's against the law therefor you deserve a ticket." You ever smoked pot? You deserve time in jail. That's literally the argument you're making.

Also, guarantee you do not drive every day. Literally every single person that drives every day speeds. 20-30 above the limit is only 5-10 above what is average, try reading, it might help you not look like the colossal fucking retard you've just shown yourself to be.

And no, since it's been brought up, I'm not a dick to cops. I have an absolute hatred for stupidity and ignorance, and it definitely comes out in real life, that doesn't mean I'm stupid. I'm not going to mouth off to someone like a cop. "Sorry, officer, I wasn't entirely looking at my speedometer, it's very late and I'm just trying to get home" "No, I have not been drinking tonight." Literally all I said when he gave me the ticket.

Once again, though, the judge threw the case out. I'm going to go ahead and stop arguing this with you. I'm right, the judge agrees with me, it was an anecdote of why people associate cops with being dickheads. There's literally nothing you could say that would make you even the slightest bit right.
American justice system at its finest.
"Also, guarantee you do not drive every day. Literally every single person that drives every day speeds." I can guarantee you that this statement is incorrect and that you are far too liberal with the word "literally".
"20-30 above the limit is only 5-10 above what is average" considering that they do catch and ticket people for going "the average above the limit" what entitles you to get off without punishment when you are speeding even more than the average are? Where I'm from 20-30 above the limit is an instant 4 demerit points and a $417 fine.
"You ever smoked pot? You deserve time in jail." That is hardly comparable, when you speed you're risking the lives of yourself and those around you.

The fact that you are unable to see how dangerous and negligent speeding can be proves to me how dumb you actually are. One day those 20-30 extra may be the difference between life or death.

As I have said numerous times in this thread breaking the law is breaking the law, if you don't want police harassing you stop breaking the fucking law.

Edited by Rilor, 11 December 2012 - 11:39 PM.

I'm the man.

#56 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

Reminder this is just another example of Kelustu being over the top stubborn.

Hobbes post is seriously Kelustu logic in action.  As well as Bloodriot.

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#57 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 11 December 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

Hobbes post is seriously Kelustu logic in action.  As well as Bloodriot.

I'm not sure if I'm being insulted or complimented.

welp

at least you repped me :duckers:
Posted Image

#58 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

You're being complimented.

View PostBloodriot, on 11 December 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

"Huuur cops should be spending their time catching murderers not people speeding, texting and driving or any other minor driving offence"

No you fucking dipshits, cops should spend their time catching people that break the law, and that is exactly what you are doing by speeding texting and driving or any other "minor" driving offence. And these so called minor offences can cause catastrophic amounts of damage, as any traffic cop will be able to tell you.

Is very spot on

View PostHobbeś, on 11 December 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

I agree. Police should only go after OTHER people, not me. I'm perfectly capable of judging when it's a good time to break the law safely. These dumb pigs are wasting tax payers hard-earned money by enforcing every dumb law on everybody.

I mean, it's not even like automobiles and speeding kill that many people. I challenge any LEO to post statistics saying otherwise.

and this

:)

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#59 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

syke, you're a diamond in the mud
Posted Image

#60 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

View PostDU5KNOIR, on 11 December 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

but if police should exist (they shouldn't)

wat
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<