Smygenv
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodhoof
  • Blackout
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2253

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

not defending sp or anything but this isnt KFC prenerf everything isnt as easy as it was back then you know
Posted Image

#82 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

I think if they just looked at glyph of mass dispel and life swap being disc only it would be a lot more manageable.

#83 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

View Postdjp771133, on 11 December 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

I think if they just looked at glyph of mass dispel and life swap being disc only it would be a lot more manageable.

When warrior dmg is nerfed by %30, shockwave 45 sec cd, avatar+reck+deadly calm no longer stackable.
Mage dmg flat nerfed by %30, ring of frost can not be used with pom.
Holy paladin repentance and/or aoe blind is removed.
Druid cc/displacer beast is nerfed so that someone doesn't get pounced, disoriented, 2x cloned, typhooned etc.
and so on.

You would have a more balanced game where people don't need the support of shadow priest to be able to do arena, then moving life swap to discipline would make a lot of sense, even though it would mean removing the ability from the game as discipline priest is done for the expansion.

Edited by Djandawg, 11 December 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#84 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2151

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

View PostBootzx, on 11 December 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

The problem with both of those arguments is lawls team just qued into a better team and lost and rather than seeing how higher rated teams handle them and still manage to win they came here to complain. And comparing warlocks 1 shot to a class with utility is stupid, but if you are trying to talk about some of the stupid things in wow you could mention Blood Fear. Honestly there are worse ideas here than there are on the regular forums sometimes, its fucking disgusting.

KFC goes into a match, targets one person, trains with all cds, trinkets first CC and wins a match in 15 seconds.

Bootzx: OMG LOL KFC NOSKILL NO RE GG TERRIBAD GAME

------

RPS goes into a match, targets one person, trains with all cds, trinkets first CC and wins the match in 18 seconds.

Bootzx: Wow look at all that skill, holy shit, did anyone else see those amazing plays, that instant trinket and instant cc was sooooo gooooood.

Edited by Regent, 11 December 2012 - 06:35 PM.

#85 dj_abdullah

dj_abdullah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

You're losing to a rogue team? :huh:

#86 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 11 December 2012 - 06:31 PM, said:

When warrior dmg is nerfed by %30, shockwave 45 sec cd, avatar+reck+deadly calm no longer stackable.
Mage dmg flat nerfed by %30, ring of frost can not be used with pom.
Holy paladin repentance and/or aoe blind is removed.
Druid cc/displacer beast is nerfed so that someone doesn't get pounced, disoriented, 2x cloned, typhooned etc.
and so on.

You would have a more balanced game where people don't need the support of shadow priest to be able to do arena, then moving life swap to discipline would make a lot of sense, even though it would mean removing the ability from the game as discipline priest is done for the expansion.

I would also like to see

Dps

- maybe not flat nerf to mage and warrior, but probably frost bomb cd increased or damage reduction.  Along with more damage on frostbolt (I never see it cast).  
- for warriors I think no cd stacking with reck/avatar would be a start.  Might want to see how those play out and if they are still doing too much damage then go to more damage nerfs.  Oh yeah and increase shockwave cd to 30 or 45 seconds.

Healer

- increased cd of ns and pom to 2 or 3 min
- Somehow change wog or somehow make it so pallies have more benefit for casting(too many instants).  Another change is I would put repent and hoj on same dr, like they did with deep/ring.  Maybe possibly have the wotlk talent that reduced the duration of fears/silences by like 30% or something like in wotlk
- For shamans maybe they should give back the stun talent where they take less damage during stuns.

Those changes would make shams/pallies less easy to train with stun/silence, and make pallies a little bit less vulnerable to cc, because at this point with all the instants you pretty much can't avoid anything without trinket/bubble (shams have tremor for fear, grounding on much shorter cds than sac, druids can shift polys, blink silence etc)

Edited by djp771133, 11 December 2012 - 06:50 PM.

#87 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2151

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

View Postsounds_, on 11 December 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

You're losing to a rogue team? :huh:

Only when they have an spriest on the team.

#88 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Locationyour butt

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

if your hunter used a goat you'd have an aoe curse of tongues with 12 sec duration on a 7 second cooldown, shadow is a hybrid and you're complaining about them utilizing their hybrid abilities, if a shadow life swapped with a resto shaman that would be a free kill for a kfc. psyfiend is oneshottable and roots are attackable. There isnt anything they do that cant be dealt with by smart players, might be annoying but not worth a qq thread.
Posted Image

#89 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

fucking OP dks nerf the shit out of them yo
Posted Image

#90 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

View PostMattadoro, on 11 December 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

if your hunter used a goat you'd have an aoe curse of tongues with 12 sec duration on a 7 second cooldown, shadow is a hybrid and you're complaining about them utilizing their hybrid abilities, if a shadow life swapped with a resto shaman that would be a free kill for a kfc. psyfiend is oneshottable and roots are attackable. There isnt anything they do that cant be dealt with by smart players, might be annoying but not worth a qq thread.

I think the main issues being discussed are md and life swap.  I don't think the priest would ever swap life with someone who would be easily oneshotted, like a sham, etc If I am not mistaken, they usually swap with a mage(block), rogue(vanish), lock(the heal thing absorb etc), it would be their mistake to swap to a resto shaman or something else easily killable.

#91 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Locationyour butt

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

i agree with a mage that would block but vs an rps  both rogue and shaman are extremely squishy if voided to 20% hp

spriests cant death sheeps or other cc's anymore, life grip, void and md are all amazingly powerful but they are also some of the only few fun things they have left

Edited by Mattadoro, 11 December 2012 - 07:14 PM.

Posted Image

#92 Bootzx

Bootzx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1826

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

View PostRegent, on 11 December 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

KFC goes into a match, targets one person, trains with all cds, trinkets first CC and wins a match in 15 seconds.

Bootzx: OMG LOL KFC NOSKILL NO RE GG TERRIBAD GAME

------

RPS goes into a match, targets one person, trains with all cds, trinkets first CC and wins the match in 18 seconds.

Bootzx: Wow look at all that skill, holy shit, did anyone else see those amazing plays, that instant trinket and instant cc was sooooo gooooood.

Regent lord walks into a match, loses, complains that X is OP and should be brought down so that his team can mongo to a win. What's funny is before their match Nero was laughing at how you think so highly of yourself then you come and make a post almost directly associated to the beating his team gave you and you make up stories about your MMR while it can be seen on stream and other people call you out for it. Maybe you should actually try to accomplish some of these before you come here and complain. :duckers:

#93 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

View PostMattadoro, on 11 December 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

i agree with a mage that would block but vs an rps  both rogue and shaman are extremely squishy if voided to 20% hp

spriests cant death sheeps or other cc's anymore, life grip, void and md are all amazingly powerful but they are also some of the only few fun things they have left

rogue = vanish?? Even if brought out quickly, 3-4 seconds, the way healing is, they would be like at least 70%+ with a spriest shield, renew.

The ability makes it seems like it would be easily counterable with a good swap but it seems to be a rare occurrence that it works out.  Then again, like I said, maybe I suck or am doing something wrong, but it seems to me that life swap almost baits a swap, and doesn't usually work out in my experience.

Not qq, just saying that I think that shadow life swap should be addressed, maybe with it actually swapping percept for percent life.  This would mean if priest was 100% swaps with rogue that is at 2% then the priest would be at 2% and it would be easier to make a swap on the ability.

#94 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

View PostBootzx, on 11 December 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

Regent lord walks into a match, loses, complains that X is OP and should be brought down so that his team can mongo to a win. What's funny is before their match Nero was laughing at how you think so highly of yourself then you come and make a post almost directly associated to the beating his team gave you and you make up stories about your MMR while it can be seen on stream and other people call you out for it. Maybe you should actually try to accomplish some of these before you come here and complain. :duckers:

yo bro, before you start a flame war with regent (and get the thread closed).  I'll just clear it up and say we started 2346 and won twice to 2375 then before we lost.  Not to mention the thread is not about our 3s team, just about spriests, if you want to talk shit about regent or his team, go talk in private chats not on a public forum having a discussion about classes/balance.

#95 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Locationyour butt

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

yes it can bait swaps but those need to be educated guesses, a lot of rogues dont just hold vanish until a void, but if he has vanish you can just stay priest and the rogue going defensive should alleviate pressure from your team. vs rogues your hunter has glyph of mark which auto marks per arcane shot even just an occasional focus arcane is truly annoying for the rogue to deal with due to current dispel mechanics. have the hunter silence the shaman during your aoe fear to  add 3 secs on everyones fear. not saying you counter them just saying to try different things out. rogues received a solid dmg boost and they have a niche but they are still squishy as ever
Posted Image

#96 Bootzx

Bootzx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1826

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

View Postdjp771133, on 11 December 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

yo bro, before you start a flame war with regent (and get the thread closed).  I'll just clear it up and say we started 2346 and won twice to 2375 then before we lost.  Not to mention the thread is not about our 3s team, just about spriests, if you want to talk shit about regent or his team, go talk in private chats not on a public forum having a discussion about classes/balance.

There is not a discussion its you and him who want changes to a class with only one viable spec left  it was called that there would be a post from regent on AJ as soon as the match ended. Secondly, like you actually give a fuck about a balanced game you want changes to a class before they finally fix the real issues with warriors or mages, get serious lol...

Edited by Bootzx, 11 December 2012 - 07:37 PM.

#97 phishy

phishy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

kind of a pointless thread if it was really started by "seen a lot of spriests lately. fotm?" it should be pretty obvious that the increase in spriest sightings is due to locks being fairly bad in comparison to spriests now that demo was nerfed and destro and afflic are very subpar

yes spriests are a little too good right now, but i think there are bigger fish to fry obviously(mages/warriors).

#98 Aozlol

Aozlol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blade's Edge
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1957

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

I read this whole thread, should have just stopped when I saw the name Regentlord.

#99 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

View PostBootzx, on 11 December 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

There is not a discussion its you and him who want changes to a class with only one viable spec left  it was called that there would be a post from regent on AJ as soon as the match ended. Secondly, like you actually give a fuck about a balanced game you want changes to a class before they finally fix the real issues with warriors or mages, get serious lol...

well man, me and djanqt were having a decent discussion, and then you (and others, not to single you out) just start flaming regent, his comp/class just anything really for no real reason.  And I believe in the post I put above I outlined a decent amount of reasonable changes for many classes.  Just saying, I have been mostly talking with others about imho reasonable changes, and then half of the thread is flamers who only comment about the class someone plays etc, if people are going to do that, pm someone don't flame a thread at others' expense.

#100 drakuru

drakuru
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Shadow doesn't feel stronger/ weaker than last season.
Blizzard only changed other classes around Shadow, so suddenly support is needed.
Same goes for mages, which support harder than shadows but have higher burst.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<