• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

View Postsaffie, on 11 December 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

I hate to agree with regent,
Apart from that they have really good damage that isn't cd dependant like most of the classes. In any comp to this date taking a random shadow priest is much better than taking a high skilled warlock for example. It makes the comp 30 times better.

I think it's clear to anyone that when there is a one shot component to the game, spriest support is absolutely justified and required. Once the real issue is resolved, there can be a discussion about nerfs for sps.

It's just sad that people are so biased they end up agreeing with a drooling moron like Regent who has absolutely no clue what he is saying:
-"sp has amazing burst, best cc in the game, mass dispel should be removed, sps are like hunters 2 months ago."

Edited by Djandawg, 11 December 2012 - 12:57 PM.

#62 Cyanne

Cyanne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination
  • RBG: 768

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

View Postsaffie, on 11 December 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

TLDR; Sp's have way too many defensive cds, support spells and decent damage, covering up for their healers mistakes easily, but since they don't usually one shot, people let it slide and rather focus on warrior/mage damage, when in reality SP's are almost as OP.

You know what? I prefer that kind of "op-ness" instead of of some mongoloid blowing me up in half a stun.

Considering atm almost every class has some kind of mez you won't use on the kill target i don't see why you can't just throw it on the SP.You can outplay utility, you can't really do anything about a war deciding to aoe ks for 68k + a 140k HS in the same global or having to blow a major cd every 30 sec if a mage manages to get frost bomb +DF on you.

I swear the game would be so much better if more classes would be SP-kind-of-op instead of all the swifty 1 shot macros going around.

#63 Scratchyo

Scratchyo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/1/.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

since spectral guise cannot be used whiled stunned or ccd anymore, its a lot easier so kill a SP, specially as double melee (tsg or kitty can easily train SP to death)

about massdispel, imo its the glyph that makes it OP, without the glyph it would be fine.

the dmg of SP is mostly based on proccs and the proccs came mostly from multidotting targets, which is not doable while getting trained by 1 or 2 melees.
vs. castercleave, i agree, sp is very strong.

just remove glyph of MD but add another useable glyph for SP.

thats my opinion on SP.

#64 sounds

sounds
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

I miss Lopez..

#65 Iamloco

Iamloco
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/0/1/1/1
  • RBG: 2249

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

It's actually funny reading alot of these replies.

Massdispel;
39k mana, 15 sec CD. - Removing this would remove YET another part of the class. Several unique abilities priests had in the past already been removed or mass-implented on other classes. Also, it's fairly easy to counter MD to an extent. As a KFC for example, just save a silencing / shockwave for the moment where MD should be coming and voilá.

Damage;
Spriest damage is ok, pretty normal sustained damage(even less vs certain comp who actually tunnel the shit out of u for whole game). To have any somewhat DECENT burst, you will have to be lucky with procs and crit almost every single spell on that lineup.

CC;
Psychic Scream - Easily avoidable by a somewhat aware healer. Druids can easily outrange it by typhoon / displacer beast or just simply keeping distance with travelform. Shamans more or less got a tremor for every scream etc.

Psyfiend - First of all, _>40k HP_ also a 2 second cast. This is also very easy to avoid in a healer pov, same abilities as mentioned earlier (displacer beast, tremor/shock, pala's can fear it / kill it with ease) helps.

Silence, with a 45 sec CD, pretty much in the state it've always been.

Offhealing;
Since the nerf to PvP power I think this is actually fine, and yet another aspect of how SP's work in basic. Not to mention, since the heals do less healing overall(unless u actually get lucky with crits) you will have severe manaproblems by spamming heals / shields around.

Lifeswap;
6 min CD, ability itself can be stupid sometimes. But you can also work _WITH_ this in your kills. Example: SP lifeswaps healer, leaves SP with low hp, force a disperse and go on him later on. That's atleast 2 major CD's out of the priest in 1 attempt for a kill.

#66 Nearz

Nearz
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Rashgarroth
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

Wow sp is probably the most well balanced class ATM!
Good burst but can't oneshot anybody, good defensive but still a viable target, good assist but fast oom if they abuse it.
No seriously, how can you QQ about it?
Plz QQ about mage or warrior (since they are basically unchanged even after 5.1) but LEAVE SP ALONE! (britney fan like).

#67 Bootzx

Bootzx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1826

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

I would agree with Regent if I hadn't watched his KFC get outplayed by Neurosix's  RSP last night. I guess when you cant legit ask for rogue nerfs and shamans just got nerfed, might as well say hey why not nerf the 3rd class on that line up....all because we cant 1 shot the rogue anymore (lived with 20%).

#68 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

View PostBootzx, on 11 December 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

I would agree with Regent if I hadn't watched his KFC get outplayed by Neurosix's  RSP last night. I guess when you cant legit ask for rogue nerfs and shamans just got nerfed, might as well say hey why not nerf the 3rd class on that line up....all because we cant 1 shot the rogue anymore (lived with 20%).

outplayed? you serious? They trained regent start to finish every game, the rogue trinketed the shockwave on the opener every time...

#69 Cyanne

Cyanne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination
  • RBG: 768

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

View Postdjp771133, on 11 December 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

outplayed? you serious? They trained regent start to finish every game, the rogue trinketed the shockwave on the opener every time...

damn op rogues facerolling their trinkets and still winning!!

#70 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostCyanne, on 11 December 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

damn op rogues facerolling their trinkets and still winning!!

lol, I don't think I said that rogues were OP anywhere

#71 Bootzx

Bootzx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

View Postdjp771133, on 11 December 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

You want me to Link the VOD of him trinketing the first shockwave and still getting down to 19% within the next 3 seconds with fient up? They also swapped to your hunter within 10 sec of that shockwave, made one more swap to your paladin a minute and a half later and ended up getting the kill on your hunter. So yes its my opinion they outplayed your team that match.

#72 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

View PostBootzx, on 11 December 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

You want me to Link the VOD of him trinketing the first shockwave and still getting down to 19% within the next 3 seconds with fient up? They also swapped to your hunter within 10 sec of that shockwave, made one more swap to your paladin a minute and a half later and ended up getting the kill on your hunter. So yes its my opinion they outplayed your team that match.

alright man sure, but I don't really think this is what the thread is about.

#73 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

There are so many shadow priests in this thread defending their class and acting like they are fine.

Sure you are fine, if other classes had the same kind of utilities that you did, you would be fine. Relative to other casters apart from mages you are far superior. Almost every team you meet in arena these days have a warrior/mage or sp in them.

If utility doesn't make a class op, only one shot damage does then lets give SP's ice block, shield wall, cyclone as well... Almost all of the warlocks posting on AJ knew how op demo was and wanted it to be changed, and eventually glad that it got fixed, that was also because playing demo was not fun, but so many SP's here defending their class when they are clearly in a much better spot than any other class out there apart from warrior and mage. Try not to be so biased about your class please it makes a horrible arguement.

But you are right about one thing SP's dont need a nerf, other classes need a buff that can enable them to compete with the support of an SP. But also MD has to be about 45 second cd if you are shadow, thats about it.

#74 Conical

Conical
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

Alright so.. Mage, hunter, warrior, they all got nerfed.. Hmm.. What class could we complain on? WE MUST FIND SOMETHING!.. Hmmm.. OMG why not SHADOW PRIEST?? HURR DURR

#75 Bootzx

Bootzx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

The problem with both of those arguments is lawls team just qued into a better team and lost and rather than seeing how higher rated teams handle them and still manage to win they came here to complain. And comparing warlocks 1 shot to a class with utility is stupid, but if you are trying to talk about some of the stupid things in wow you could mention Blood Fear. Honestly there are worse ideas here than there are on the regular forums sometimes, its fucking disgusting.

#76 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

View Postsaffie, on 11 December 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

There are so many shadow priests in this thread defending their class and acting like they are fine.

Sure you are fine, if other classes had the same kind of utilities that you did, you would be fine. Relative to other casters apart from mages you are far superior. Almost every team you meet in arena these days have a warrior/mage or sp in them.

If utility doesn't make a class op, only one shot damage does then lets give SP's ice block, shield wall, cyclone as well... Almost all of the warlocks posting on AJ knew how op demo was and wanted it to be changed, and eventually glad that it got fixed, that was also because playing demo was not fun, but so many SP's here defending their class when they are clearly in a much better spot than any other class out there apart from warrior and mage. Try not to be so biased about your class please it makes a horrible arguement.

But you are right about one thing SP's dont need a nerf, other classes need a buff that can enable them to compete with the support of an SP. But also MD has to be about 45 second cd if you are shadow, thats about it.

Warlocks are known to analyze their own class and asking for nerfs all the time. Coincidentally, almost no warlock posted anything about their class being overpowered last 11 seasons where they have always been amazing except a short period , like a few months of wow history , things like tbc sl/sl spec, wotlk early destro, lsd, mls, cata rls never came up.

Again ,after patch 5.1 and a few hotfixes, warlocks decided to analyze the caster balance and utility which is a subject they never felt the need to address, grouping themselves with other casters, until last 2 weeks where they didn't have an amazing spec for the first time since forever.

But I am sure they are observant, unbiased and selfless,the posting history and this nerf calling timing is just coincidence.

Edited by Djandawg, 11 December 2012 - 05:32 PM.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2436

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostViindz, on 11 December 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

If you played this game for a long time, you know that spriest always had defensive / offensive dispells, offheals. If you wanna take that away from us, you might aswell say goodbye to spriest in arena. This makes us viable.
regent knows it what u on about,hes a multi glad hpala

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2436

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

tbh, u qq because spriest can save a partner from dieing , but why dont u try to increase ur skill cap instead?like cc spriest for example when u try burst smthing else?u crying that this game sucks so u dont even bother.Spriests could always assist their team good , its not smthing new.

#79 Chazzwozzer

Chazzwozzer

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

This comment that other classes should have the same utility as shadow priests is such a tired argument.  Why would anyone want there to be less class individuality in the game.  You even go on later in the post and describe in a sarcastic manner that we should give spriests other class identifying abilities (which would obviously be a bad thing). If other classes should have the same utility as spriests, then give spriests a port cooldown and spammable cc like locks have.  

It is true that most comps do have a warrior or mage in them - they have about 14% and 10.5% representation respectively.  But spriests are no where near as common (about 6.3%).  If you add all warlock spec representation above 2200, they in fact have higher representation than spriests (6.5%).  These stats are pulled from worldofgraphs.com - I do not know if they are 100% accurate, but they do seem similar to what I see on the ladder myself.

You're applying a blanket statement that everyone defending shadow priests is defending their spec based on class bias, however there are a number of posters that play different classes that also don't think that spriests are overpowered (myself included).  

If anything, it appears that you are suffering from class bias.  Yes I agree that shadow priests are in a better spot than warlocks, and yes they are the second best caster spec in the game.  But what are the alternatives?  Elemental is basically nonviable as a pvp spec, and boomkin has insane damage during cooldowns but is otherwise pretty weak.  So because shadow is better than two non viable specs and warlocks (first season I've been playing that locks haven't been amazing btw), then shadow must be overpowered? As an aside, I played both a spriest and warlock last expansion, and warlocks were clearly the better class (as I understand it, warlocks have been better than spriests in basically every season except the current one).  Yet I did not come posting that warlocks were overpowered just because it was the better spec.  

There are reasons that spriests have defensive utility at their disposal.  They don't have spammable cc like some other casters have, and they don't have the ability to kite like other casters.  Not every caster is the same, and nor should they be.  What makes this game interesting is the differences between the classes, and I do not understand why posters want to take away the tools that give spriests their identity.  And I am not saying that spriests are necessarily immune to needing nerfs.  If flash heal was still as strong as it was before 5.1, then it would be too good.  But as of right now, I don't really see it as a problem.

#80 Galaleo

Galaleo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Get glad title playing legendary RLS, complain spriests are OP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<