[Warrior] Pvp Power or Pvp Resi?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 WhippyEU

WhippyEU
  • Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

Now I know this varies depending on what comp I'm playing and playing against. But generally speaking what's better? Resi or Power.

I stacked resi at the moment and I still keep dying pretty easily through wall, def stance, rallying cry and trying to CC shizzle off me. (Maybe Trade chat healers are just bad..?)  but I have 64% resi ATM.
I don't see too much of a damage decrease either, I can still heroic strike Resto Druids for 230k~

But if I'm dying so much, and I don't really feel that much safer stacking resi, am I better off stacking Power?

#2 Hoodzx

Hoodzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1786
  • 3v3: 2299
  • 5v5: 2229
  • RBG: 2225
  • LocationFRANCE

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

Well i hope you're talking about rbgs as protection warrior because its the only place where you stack resil, as warrior in arena (arms or fury) you're stacking as much as you can PvP power, your job is to burst, you have some defensives cds but you should not use them so much, so the problem can be :
You dont do a lot of damages so you're playing to much defensively
Your healer is bad

Just remember to try to have the most offensive gear as possible, because as warrior you need to be offensive and doing tons of damages, staying defensive all the fight can't make you win.

Btw if you didnt knew, pvp power increases the heals received, so it's actually really much better than resil for arenas (but as FC in rbg don't stack pvp power tho)

Not sure if i'm clear, hope this helped.

#3 WhippyEU

WhippyEU
  • Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Completely valid points however I still see Warriors at 2500+ stacking resi. Their healers don't suck. Also I'm pretty sure they nerfed the pvp power healing for second wind.

#4 Hoodzx

Hoodzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationFRANCE

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Can you link me some ?

All i ever saw about resil added in the gear was the chest enchant +200 resil, not more.

The only good reason i could see would be that their main spec is FC (for example : http://us.battle.net...odrych/advanced) and the malevolent gear with gems for FC is still better than the honor gear with gems for DPS.

Edit : I failed, Hoodrych has some resil and with some DPS enchants... i don't get it, and i'm wondering indeed why stacking resil too.

:confused:

Edited by Balotrek, 07 December 2012 - 06:52 PM.

#5 phunk

phunk
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

pvp power doesn't increase healing received, it increases healing done

#6 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

View PostBalotrek, on 07 December 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

Well i hope you're talking about rbgs as protection warrior because its the only place where you stack resil, as warrior in arena (arms or fury) you're stacking as much as you can PvP power, your job is to burst, you have some defensives cds but you should not use them so much, so the problem can be :
You dont do a lot of damages so you're playing to much defensively
Your healer is bad

Just remember to try to have the most offensive gear as possible, because as warrior you need to be offensive and doing tons of damages, staying defensive all the fight can't make you win.

Btw if you didnt knew, pvp power increases the heals received, so it's actually really much better than resil for arenas (but as FC in rbg don't stack pvp power tho)

Not sure if i'm clear, hope this helped.

I disagree with this. resilience is the best scaling stat in the game right now and i feel that stacking a defensive stat to allow you to stay offensive if getting hit is better than stacking offensive stats and turtling when you get hit.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#7 Hoodzx

Hoodzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationFRANCE

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

http://www.arenajunk...the-difference/

Going here for more precision :duckers:

#8 Hoodzx

Hoodzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationFRANCE

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

View Postphunk, on 07 December 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

pvp power doesn't increase healing received, it increases healing done

Don't remember where i saw this sorry, might be because i was thinking of the old Second wind of warrior + pvp power = moar heals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<