after browsing older threads on AJ there are several opinions about destros secondary stat at RBG. i also checked 15 warlocks at armory which are around 2400 lr.
most destro go for mastery over crit. some destro stack 10% haste.
found this in an other thread: critical strike gives 2 very important benefits apart from increasing your damage by critting more -> it significantly helps generating Burning Embers (they're the bread and butter for destruction warlocks, since u need them to deal big burst or to stay alive with Ember Tap) and increases Chaos Bolt damage. But: A common misconception is that crit affects Chaos Bolt damage more than anything else. This is false - mastery is the best stat for highest Chaos Bolt crits - crit actually has a pretty poor conversion with 1% crit = 1% extra Chaos Bolt damage.
But does anyone know how much mastery is needed for 1% extra Chaos Bolt dmg?
Mastery increases your fire spells damage by a little bit and increases significantly the effectiveness of Chaos Bolt, Shadowburn and Ember Tap. I want to remark the importance of Ember Tap, it's an awesome spell with NO cooldown, instantly healing u for +20% of your total health (depending on your mastery), which can be combined with Dark Regeneration, Healthstone, Fel Armor passive, Last stand from Void Sacrifice.
Haste sucks, only increases your mana regen + more dmg from immolate and a little bit speedcasting.
so what do you think about destruction at RBG? mastery > crit > haste ? and why do people stack 10% haste as destro?
2nd part -> glyphes:
1. burning ember is a must have as destro at RBG. with rain of fire the gaining of embers in 10vs10 is godlike.
2. healthstone are using 85% of the WLs i checked. it doubles the heal whats nice in a 1on1, 2on2, 3on3 situation at RBG. but its heal over time what could be a little problem with burst dmg in some situations. for example 9vs9 at waterworks..
3. conflagrate is great at flag BGs to slow the carry and at silvershard mine. you can switch conflagrate at temple, ads or arathi for siphon life.
4. siphon life gives an acceptable extra heal in 10vs10. its like 10k hp over time for every immolate. probleme here: its an heal over time vs most teams dealing heavy burst dmg.
5. dark soul gives you 3% more crit - but only if dark soul is ready. so its 3% more dmg for a few chaos bolt. it also reduces your crit by activating dark soul from 30% to 27% for 20 seconds. not a big deal at all.
which major glpyhs would you pick?
Edited by DkH.ZeRa, 06 December 2012 - 06:08 PM.