• Curse Sites
Help

Rerolling so i can heal again - druid or shaman?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

I have a level 70 rdruid and level 85 rshaman to choose from, dont care about healing as priest again even if its buffed because its just too gutted/boring.

Which healer has the best chance of being imba for the expansion, rdruids seem really strong right now so im leaning toward it but rshaman seems much easier to pick up and play from dpriest as its very similar healing mechanics

#2 Grem

Grem
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2040
  • 3v3: 2320
  • RBG: 957

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

Shaman is still the strongest healer in most comps.

Edited by Grem, 05 December 2012 - 12:56 PM.

#3 Carryiqua

Carryiqua
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2199

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

I think druid since theres alot of melee cleaves now :)

#4 Emphasisx

Emphasisx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/1/1/.
  • RBG: 1788

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

rdruid would be a better choice IMO

#5 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

View PostSeu, on 04 December 2012 - 10:26 PM, said:

I have a level 70 rdruid and level 85 rshaman to choose from, dont care about healing as priest again even if its buffed because its just too gutted/boring.

Which healer has the best chance of being imba for the expansion, rdruids seem really strong right now so im leaning toward it but rshaman seems much easier to pick up and play from dpriest as its very similar healing mechanics
I am in the same spot, I have one recommendation. Do not go for classes with weak healing.
You'll see that resto shaman heals are just huge, holy pala instants are close with the new %30 battle fatigue resto druids will have hard time .
Considering mages got hit pretty hard, there will be a lot of melee cleaves and only thing going for resto druid is displacer beast and it's likely to get nerfed.
So the real choice is between resto shaman and holy pala, I am more inclined to pick holy paladin because they can deal with melee easily and they are just too easy to play.

Edited by Djandawg, 17 December 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#6 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

Because Shamans are hard to play right? If you have a 85 Shaman the choice is easy. Shaman. They are still the best healers, and can run really strong setups.

#7 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

All holy pala does is heal one guy and occasionally cc(which they got this expansion), on top of what paladins do, a  shaman has to be watching all enemy players if they gain a buff he needs to purge, all enemy casts in case he needs to ground or shock.
That said, the game is inherently easy and shaman is obviously better than pala(not by miles), but holy pala is the most brainless healer and always has been, it requires the least arena awareness because of the limited tools and design.
On topic, with the increasing amount of melee cleaves in the ladder, I feel holy pala will end up in a better spot.

Edited by Djandawg, 18 December 2012 - 12:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<