• Curse Sites
Help

How much does gear matter this expansion?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

So playing in the range of 1750-1900 at the moment. My shaman is here: http://us.battle.net...nfidence/simple

I leveled him as an alt to play on some friends after I transferred my main off that server.

My question is, should I expect to get any higher being so far behind on gear? I'm finding that any semi-competent team that decide to train me into the ground from start to finish is just a losing battle. How much does gear matter this expansion? I feel like I'm playing very well but I am still holding my team back. Is gear that much of a difference? Am I doing well, or should I be able to do better with my current gear? Also I do not have professions yet, been trying to get gold to level them but this backwater server is expensive as hell. Do professions make a huge difference?

Thanks

#2 alleaya

alleaya
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Hellscream
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2053

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

gear is a huge problem in the game right now its a total joke, even highly skilled players cant get anywahere decent with just honour gear.

#3 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

I know the seasons are long so I'll hopefully be able to catch up eventually, but right now is hovering around 1750-1900 good for my gear? Should I be happy with that, or should I strive for higher? Everyone we run into outgear the hell out of me, and I have to outplay the hell out of most teams, which I guess is making me a better player... but still.

Seriously if you saw me at 1900 rating with 337k hp, would you cream your pants?

I just don't feel satisfied. I want to get higher. :(

#4 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

You can get 2200 with 3 fully honored geared characters if you know what you are doing.

#5 Vexxius

Vexxius
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1692
  • 3v3: 2432
  • RBG: 383
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Gear is huge, especially now that you can upgrade each piece. The honor set is 458 ilvl, whereas the Malevolent set is 483 (un-upgraded of course). That's a significant gap in ilvl it's always like that for the first season of an expansion, though. The gap from season to season isn't nearly as big. It's quite unfortunate that gear is so important at the moment, as gearing alts or offspecs is seemingly impossible now (in regards to keeping up with other people's mains in gear).

At the present, most people have at least full un-upgraded Malevolent (or only missing 1-2 pieces) with a double upgraded Tier 2 weapon.

Below ~2000 MMR, however, you won't see too many losses due explicitly to gear.

#6 Grem

Grem
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2040
  • 3v3: 2320
  • RBG: 957

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

As a resto shaman gear is a huge factor. You have to gem full resilience, and if your low geared you will have to have a defensive playstyle. A mage/warrior team can force all your CD's in one swap. You have to know when you can go offensive and purge, and when not to.

If you have good gear though, you should be able to survive a swap, with only using a few CD's.

//Legit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<