• US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1467
  • 3v3: 2192
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1994

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

this whole class is garbage I don't even see what they can realistically do to buff affliction since every dot is a fucking retard friendly instant cast with soulburn and you might as well melee your target outside demon soul

blizzard literally doesn't think they could have just removed chaos wave from go:sac and we could have still been viable but ghostcrawler clearly has a better understanding of the game than anyone playing it

Edited by Polygonzz, 04 December 2012 - 03:38 AM.

#63 Kluian_

Kluian_
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

I don't see how people are honestly complaining about this change.  Warlocks are beyond absurd at the moment.  Insane burst, instant CC, never a focus target.
╔═════════════( ☻ )════════════╗
║≈ A Comprehensive Guide to Moonkin PvP ≈ ║
╚═════════════( ☻ )════════════╝

Knock people off bridges and cliffs.

#64 Polygonzz

Polygonzz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

View PostKluian_, on 04 December 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

I don't see how people are honestly complaining about this change.  Warlocks are beyond absurd at the moment.  Insane burst, instant CC, never a focus target.

at the moment? are you on crack? pre 5.1 we were op, less so with aura nerf, and now the entire demo spec is not viable. affliction is hopeless, destro also sucks. this insane burst is no longer existant, and while blood fear still exists it doesnt matter since every class has 100 defensive cooldowns and I don't even have any abilities that can force them to pop them anymore

#65 Kluian_

Kluian_
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

View PostPolygonzz, on 04 December 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

at the moment? are you on crack? pre 5.1 we were op, less so with aura nerf, and now the entire demo spec is not viable. affliction is hopeless, destro also sucks. this insane burst is no longer existant, and while blood fear still exists it doesnt matter since every class has 100 defensive cooldowns and I don't even have any abilities that can force them to pop them anymore

You went from OP to "less so" with the aura nerf?  I doubt it.  No one even gets on warlocks because all your abilities are instant cast.  Warlocks could 2v3 teams easily because of the burst.
╔═════════════( ☻ )════════════╗
║≈ A Comprehensive Guide to Moonkin PvP ≈ ║
╚═════════════( ☻ )════════════╝

Knock people off bridges and cliffs.

#66 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:59 AM

View PostKluian_, on 04 December 2012 - 04:40 AM, said:

You went from OP to "less so" with the aura nerf?  I doubt it.  No one even gets on warlocks because all your abilities are instant cast.  Warlocks could 2v3 teams easily because of the burst.

haha

#67 Polygonzz

Polygonzz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

the aura nerf was huge i dont know what sort of helmet you wear irl but maybe get a new one

#68 Runsfromcops

Runsfromcops
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/0/0/2

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

Its not the fact that warlocks didnt need to have chaos wave nerfed, Its the fact that now that demo is no longer viable, theres no playable specs for warlocks.

Edited by Runsfromcops, 04 December 2012 - 06:00 AM.

#69 Execx

Execx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1560
  • 3v3: 2608
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 1752

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

kah-fucking-loo-less

#70 dreschnuu99

dreschnuu99
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2346

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

thank god
Posted Image

#71 ñåéé

ñåéé
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Protection 1/2/2/2/0/2

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

View Postdreschnuu99, on 04 December 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

thank god
what u mean thank god now u have NO spec to play in arena with xD

#72 Burtthemage

Burtthemage
  • Bùrt
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2220

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

Im happy it was nerfed.. My lock on my team was critting 250k crits  with it

#73 Infernion

Infernion
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2609

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

View PostPolygonzz, on 04 December 2012 - 03:22 AM, said:

this whole class is garbage I don't even see what they can realistically do to buff affliction since every dot is a fucking retard friendly instant cast with soulburn and you might as well melee your target outside demon soul

blizzard literally doesn't think they could have just removed chaos wave from go:sac and we could have still been viable but ghostcrawler clearly has a better understanding of the game than anyone playing it

Why would removing it from GO:SAC help rofl? I still did 200k crits without GO:SAC.

View PostPolygonzz, on 04 December 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

Am I the only one thinking demo warlocks got buffed in 5.1, seeing as you could no longer dispell demon soul lol? Before that patch I didn't consider them OP, but after they sure as hell were. Before the patch you could just dispell it instantly in most cases if you saved your CDs for it, after you just had to pray for you not getting globalled, because there was no other way than LOSing it or CCing the shit out of the lock (which doesn't happen for 20 sec lol).
The aura nerf was pretty big, but it hardly mattered when you had enough CDs to survive the first minute anyways, so you could oneshot.

This nerf was needed. Am I the only one thinking demo isn't complete garbage now lol? It's not like 2x 150-160k (even if it was 120k) chaos wave crits followed by touch of chaos spam and overpowered imps soloing targets is bad, you just might not be able to solo targets in a global anymore. But hey, you have a partner to help you!

#74 Kazot

Kazot
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2201

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

I don't see how people are honestly complaining about this change. Warlocks are beyond absurd at the moment.  Insane burst, instant CC, never a focus target.
I don't see a lot of complaining about the nerf itself in here esp. not from WLs. It's more about affliction sucking right now than demo beeing tuned down as a lot of us didn't enjoy the playstyle anyway.

Edited by Kazot, 04 December 2012 - 09:53 AM.

#75 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/2/0/2/0
  • LocationAustria

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

First of all to this

View PostAvarencex, on 04 December 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

I think people just refuse to even try UA because just spamming DoTs on people like a retard doesn't yield the same results as it did in past seasons.

Now you actually have to do more to do dmg???? go figure
its so much easier to do dmg now as affliction than it was, SO DAMN MUCH EASIER, but the dmg is easy to heal no threat at all

View Postsaffie, on 04 December 2012 - 02:15 AM, said:

You guys wanna know why it got hotfixed like this?

RBGs. People were stacking demo locks gripping everyone and oneshotting the whole team. So it gets hotfixed. If it was about competative arena no one would have fixed it ie: mages, warriors.

It was retarded and I'm glad it got fixed, hoping for an affliction buff.
exactly this, i havent played arena for quite some time now and only 1-2 rbg games each week but imo this change has nothing to do with arena
with this change is see people playing destro again, but beside stuff like friendship i see no reason for any1 to play with a warlock over another caster (but there are quite a lot of good warlock players around, i atleast know more good locks than i know good mages, so people will keep playing with them, but in theory other casters would be better)

#76 Stigz

Stigz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1666
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

Reroll Destro and you can do those numbers again.

Problem solved!
Posted Image
63% Resilience, Destro is hard?

#77 Methacus

Methacus
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 0/0/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2214

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

Yeah if you ever face someone that is stupid enough to let you get off a fully buffed chaos bolt without popping a single defensive cooldown, just to have them complain on the forums that it is overpowered and you face them again before blizzard "fixes" the damage then you'll see those numbers as destro. :)

#78 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

View PostNatokni, on 03 December 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

About freaking time. Id prefer you guys to be underpowered for a bit than have to deal with demo's bullshit playstyle.

How many fkn games have we had where a demo has lost his healer or something only to say well fk it might as well pop my cd's and having your team drop.
It's not a question of underpowered, it's warlocks simply are not viable vs a good team anymore without the ability to play demo. No teams should lose to a destro warlock really, very simple to shut down and stop. Affliction does nothing.

Sure warlocks are 'viable' with a warrior, but replace the warlock with any other caster in game (maybe not moonkin?) and you have a waaaay stronger setup.

The change to chaos wave needed to come for sure, but with this change there also had to be mage and warrior damage nurfs as well as affliction buffs.

Also what saffie said about rbg is completely true, we ran rbgs this week, double demo, gripped them in and wiped entire teams .____.

Edited by Nycto, 04 December 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#79 Megan89

Megan89
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0
  • LocationVerona

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

other class :mage: :warrior: :hunter:  posting here their happiness about the nerf ..hypocrisy too much

/Posted Image

#80 joenoesworsteu

joenoesworsteu

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

I feel like a demon soul nerf would have probably been better than a straight up damage nerf on chaos wave seeing as it really wasn't all that scary without every cooldown behind it (on use, GoSac, demonsoul). But now it's not even worth casting without them cooldowns- jk it's not even worth it WITH cooldowns. if they had just halfed the amount of mastery from demonsoul the crits warlocks would be seeing would be nowhere near enough to global someone (and sometimes someone else by mistake lol) but the spec would still be a considerably weaker without becoming unplayable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<