Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

chaos wave nerfed

warlock chaos wave nerf

  • Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#41 Lovemama

Lovemama
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 22
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/1/1/2

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

View PostZeiyo, on 04 December 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

2 more classes to go until i play this game again

doesnt blizzard see warrior and mage damage is to high?

#42 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Posts: 115
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

View Postbrosearch, on 04 December 2012 - 12:22 AM, said:

lol. not even going to attack this one. too much ignorance in one comment.

Nah it's pretty much the truth, I played in the last two months of cateclysm and the only thing warlocks ever did was rotate fears and keep DoTs up.

Now in MoP, when I played agianst an aff warlock, they tried the same thing and lets just say he didn't do much.

#43 deprivelol

deprivelol

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

:mellow:

#44 Canadianpimp_613638

Canadianpimp_613638
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Posts: 103
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1822

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

View PostAvarencex, on 04 December 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

I think people just refuse to even try UA because just spamming DoTs on people like a retard doesn't yield the same results as it did in past seasons.

Now you actually have to do more to do dmg???? go figure

The reason Affliction is sucking atm isn't because the spec is broken. It's sucking right now because of the same reason Boomkins and Fire Mages are garbage right now, that being multi target pressure and 10 second burst isn't viable because of the nature of CC, healing, and defensive CD's in game right now. Healing and CC would be the biggest offenders.

Healing is over the top and getting the entire team to 30% health isn't even close to a kill anymore. One Healing Stream totem with a Riptide and 2 GHW's and the ENTIRE team is topped off. Healers don't stay OOM since spirit has been buffed as a stat. In a raid environment the change to Intellect and Spirit works out because healers are almost always casting, so the smaller mana pools need to regen faster. In Arenas though, getting a break of a few seconds isn't that rare with the way CC works right now. Mana regen is through the roof and keeping a healer OOM is nearly impossible.

CC is the other problem. Affliction has burst now, but it takes more than the 3-4 second burst windows that are needed to kill something now. On top of that, you need to be casting the whole time. In that time frame, you are almost 100% guaranteed to be peeled.

The only way to "fix" Aff (because it's top in PvE atm) would be to take all our damage away from DoTs and put it towards Haunt and MG. If they nerf healing output we'll actually be able to rot teams again which would put Affliction in a great position.

#45 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3541
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

View PostCanadianpimp_613638, on 04 December 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

The reason Affliction is sucking atm isn't because the spec is broken. It's sucking right now because of the same reason Boomkins and Fire Mages are garbage right now, that being multi target pressure and 10 second burst isn't viable because of the nature of CC, healing, and defensive CD's in game right now. Healing and CC would be the biggest offenders.

Healing is over the top and getting the entire team to 30% health isn't even close to a kill anymore. One Healing Stream totem with a Riptide and 2 GHW's and the ENTIRE team is topped off. Healers don't stay OOM since spirit has been buffed as a stat. In a raid environment the change to Intellect and Spirit works out because healers are almost always casting, so the smaller mana pools need to regen faster. In Arenas though, getting a break of a few seconds isn't that rare with the way CC works right now. Mana regen is through the roof and keeping a healer OOM is nearly impossible.

CC is the other problem. Affliction has burst now, but it takes more than the 3-4 second burst windows that are needed to kill something now. On top of that, you need to be casting the whole time. In that time frame, you are almost 100% guaranteed to be peeled.

The only way to "fix" Aff (because it's top in PvE atm) would be to take all our damage away from DoTs and put it towards Haunt and MG. If they nerf healing output we'll actually be able to rot teams again which would put Affliction in a great position.
+rep another smart guy (like me hehehehe)

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#46 methodman2

methodman2
  • Mèthøðmåñ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 280
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES

#47 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

View PostLovemama, on 04 December 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

doesnt blizzard see warrior and mage damage is to high?

forgetting ferals
twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#48 Toxile

Toxile
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aszune
  • Blackout
  • Posts: 171
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2006
  • 3v3: 1931

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

At least blizzard are beginning to listen and taking a step in the right direction. It's beyond me why they left it so late to change chaos wave considering it was far beyond what normal damage should be in arena, you should never just be able to accidently kill somebody you are not even targeting. However demo warlocks are not the only thing that needs to be changed. Lets just hope blizzard dont just stop here and take a deeper look in to what needs to change, Arena has turned into a game where just by blinking or using a global when your at 80% hp you can cost yourself the game.

#49 Fawxfighter2013

Fawxfighter2013
  • Junkies
  • Posts: 54

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

Is anyone else besides me think that while mage warrior and i guess feral burst is high

shadow priests REALLY need some attention as well?

#50 Emuu

Emuu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Norgannon
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Posts: 252
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/0/0/0/2

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

Actually, im sad that Chaos Wave got nerfed, now my lock will be never 2,2k because im worst lock eu.

#51 Methodx

Methodx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Posts: 3
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/1/2/2/.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

no more 1shot by 2k noobs, shit happens

#52 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3541
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

View Postmethodman2, on 04 December 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
Posted Image

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#53 Thugeenocktopus

Thugeenocktopus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 7
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2400
  • LocationTrappin in Iran

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

View PostAvarencex, on 04 December 2012 - 12:09 AM, said:

cya warlocks, you are actually slighty underpowered for the first time in 12 seasons

:duckers:

Posted Image


#54 Execx

Execx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 171
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1560
  • 3v3: 2608
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 1752

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

View PostFawxfighter2013, on 04 December 2012 - 12:57 AM, said:

Is anyone else besides me think that while mage warrior and i guess feral burst is high

shadow priests REALLY need some attention as well?

how so? they are a support class and they recently fixed guise/off-heals. Just curious why you think they need to be looked at.

#55 Structural

Structural
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 389
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

View PostFawxfighter2013, on 04 December 2012 - 12:57 AM, said:

Is anyone else besides me think that while mage warrior and i guess feral burst is high

shadow priests REALLY need some attention as well?

except for the fact the warrior and feral can be border line autistic and still win by foaming on something.

#56 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

View PostExecx, on 04 December 2012 - 01:19 AM, said:

how so? they are a support class and they recently fixed guise/off-heals. Just curious why you think they need to be looked at.

too much support
twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#57 Pinkums

Pinkums
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 53
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2461

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

I'm fine with chaos bolt doing the same damage because first: its not AOE, It can be interrupted, AMS, cloak etc, but chaos wave was physical damage and AOE. Only way to avoid that is to LOS pillar bug it....lol. Good day for DKs though. TY blizz.

#58 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1089
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

You guys wanna know why it got hotfixed like this?

RBGs. People were stacking demo locks gripping everyone and oneshotting the whole team. So it gets hotfixed. If it was about competative arena no one would have fixed it ie: mages, warriors.

It was retarded and I'm glad it got fixed, hoping for an affliction buff.

#59 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1020
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

View PostFawxfighter2013, on 04 December 2012 - 12:57 AM, said:

Is anyone else besides me think that while mage warrior and i guess feral burst is high

shadow priests REALLY need some attention as well?

Yep. Enhance shamans and Rets during CDs can be pretty over the top as well, I mean if we're being fair compared to chaos wave, 150k Stormblasts are not out of the question, and that crits a lot more than chaos wave.

Frost DK damage is also pretty crazy after the PvP power buff.

I really hope Blizzard looks at CD stacking, I think a lot of crazy imbalanced burst during tiny CC windows could be prevented by properly balancing everyones cooldowns so they can't all be instantly popped at once.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#60 Xsv

Xsv
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 114
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2298

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

The damage and Demonic Fury cost of Chaos Wave have been reduced by 33%. The new values will not be reflected in the tooltip until a client patch.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<