• Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

I managed to have two mains (rogue and monk) and am able to gear both of them with little effort. The reason was that the Recruit a Friend feature bugged during launch and so I levelled my rogue first. After it got fixed for me I levelled the monk with the quest XP bonus from 80-90. Back then it was possible to go from 87 to 90 within three hours by farming a certain mob in the Dread Wastes, even faster as Monk with the XP buff. While I don't have time or skill to actually play them on a solid level I got ilvl479 for the rogue and ilvl477 for the monk.

I agree that gearing alts is incredibly painful. In my opinion the honor set should be available through a simple quest chain (win this BG and that BG) and BGs, A catch-up mechanic could include increasing the cap for alts so you can collect conquest points up to 75% of the amount the main earned in that season. Also earning conquest points for BGs while levelling would be interesting. So PvP players could actually play PvP instead of paying for Recruit a Friend and then grind to 90.

I still think that the incentive for mains to continue playing is a good idea. Does anyone know if the rating inflation system was implemented in 5.1? Asked GC and Bashiok just now and hope for a reply.

#22 Stigz

Stigz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1666
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

I think easiest solution would be to share your "Season earned" from the char that has it at highest to all your other characters.

That way you can get Weapons etc for alts much faster and start being competitive in just 2 weeks or so.
Posted Image
63% Resilience, Destro is hard?

#23 Emoeritz

Emoeritz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2056

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

I like the idea of a shared cap or account cap and season earned for whole account.

Sadly, I don't think blizz would even consider something like this, because there would be no equal for the pve guys and blizz likes seeing us grind infinite amounts of honor and conquest points. (+ 3 weeks waiting time to buy T1)

About the new upgrade feature, upgrading blues is nice, you can narrow the gap between honor set and conquest set.
Unfortunately, the option to upgrade epics as well ruins this effect. :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<