#41 Snipin

Snipin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/0/0/1/1

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

Reading this thread again just fucking makes me mad. GC is so clearly grasping at straws. I don't get it.
Why do they make these posts and respond, acting like they give a shit, when they clearly don't? It's like a waste of effort. He would actually be better off shutting the fuck up, he would make less people mad.

#42 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

View Postoiml, on 04 December 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

Thats not going to change anything at all. The game HAS to be less burst reliant and more about sustained damage. 200k+ crits with cooldowns up compared to 8k whitehits is not something that should ever be in the game.
Also, I seriously believe that no one at Blizzard plays PvP at decent levels. They are hiding their profiles, not showing you how they actually play the game.
Compare that to League of Legends and Riot: You can lookup pretty much any employee playing their game and most of them have actually decent high ratings (not world best or something, but not the drooling keyboardturning kind of players that i imagine GC to be.) and their game is insanely well balanced.

Ye, but Blizzard fails at all their games lately. Look at SC2, balance is a joke compared to SC1. Stephano says Zerg is op at every tournament, Blizzard does shit.

Back to your point, reworking auto attacks and spell scaling is much more effort than just adding a flat damage and healing debuff to arenas and rbgs. Healing is insane right now, 300k heals are retarded, just like 300k crit are stupid.

#43 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostXsv, on 03 December 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

When I'm playing my warrior, and I see that I got 3 stacks with all my CDs up, I know I have already won the game if that next heroic strike crits. I absolutely hate this. Doesn't matter which target i choose to attack, it will die. Pop all CDs, heroic leap 80k damage, shockwave 100k damage, heroic strike 250k+ damage. doesn't matter what target.
The thing about this is, it's not the only class doing it. If a mage at any point can get a frostbomb on you (100k+) explode that shit with fireblast (40k+) and then follow it up with a frostfire bolt (70k+) you are pretty much in the same boat, but they can do this way more often. don't forget chaos waves critting for 220k+. this is all with pretty decent gear.

It can go both ways, but playing my healer right now is the worst i've ever played because the damage on absolutely everything is retarded.

not sure where i was going with this, i guess tl;dr all damage on everything is too high.

So we are currently at 3 classes that can global someone?

Should be pretty obvious what to fix...

#44 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

View Postaedeki, on 04 December 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

http://i.imgur.com/j7YAy.png

Pre-disc buff. I was still quite surprised.

Where did this happen?  Arena?

I had a 362k starsurge the other day in BGs with silly buffs.

#45 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

View PostSeu, on 04 December 2012 - 04:23 AM, said:

Design phase: "we want health pools to slowly drain and fill like buckets of water"

Release phase: "There are no one shots. 2 or 3 shots maybe."

what happened

Wanted to quote for truth and + rep

Best post I've seen in MOP comparing where they wanted to be and where they are in terms of pvp.  Pretty big miss.

#46 originn

originn
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 959

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

View PostHackattack3, on 04 December 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

Wanted to quote for truth and + rep

Best post I've seen in MOP comparing where they wanted to be and where they are in terms of pvp.  Pretty big miss.
I think what made them miss their mark was the utter failure to balance pvp power think about dmg isn't all that high without on use trinkets poped if anything healing is too high when cds are down so here is a simple fix nerf pvp power nerf healing by a small percentage and u have a decent game on ur hands hey guys I just fixed pvp recommend me for a dev position k go :D

#47 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2365

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

View Postoriginn, on 04 December 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

I think what made them miss their mark was the utter failure to balance pvp power think about dmg isn't all that high without on use trinkets poped if anything healing is too high when cds are down so here is a simple fix nerf pvp power nerf healing by a small percentage and u have a decent game on ur hands hey guys I just fixed pvp recommend me for a dev position k go :D

I don't think you understand the problem if you think PvP power is causing any of the issues.  The problem is that the difference between steady state damage and cooldown damage is too large.  Nerf PvP power and the problem still exists.

Edit: I also hate the way that they've gone with so many classes, where there are resource generators and there are resource spenders.  The generators do basically no damage, and the spenders do ludicrous amounts of damage.  I was looking at Recount yesterday and I saw Steady Shots critting for 4.5k.  What?  Why even have the ability Steady Shot in the game?  Why not just let Hunters Evocate and restore their Focus like that?  There's essentially no purpose to the damage Steady Shot does.  Many other classes have had this insane design put on them as Blizzard adds a secondary resource.  How many classes have essentially (slightly different) combo points now?  As another example, Monk's Jab hits for extremely low numbers as well.  Either increase the damage of the generator and reduce the damage of the spender, or just don't have the generator in the game at all.  It's annoying to do 3k DPS with your globals while generating, then 40k DPS with your globals while spending.

Edited by Nadagast, 04 December 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#48 Saru93

Saru93
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/1/1

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

View PostMinpojke, on 03 December 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

How do you know that blizzard isnt working with top pvpers? i know people who got requested to help balance the pvp

what are you talking about?

#49 aedeki

aedeki
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/0/0/1/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

View PostHackattack3, on 04 December 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

Where did this happen?  Arena?

I had a 362k starsurge the other day in BGs with silly buffs.

Yeah this happened in arena, before disc got Focused Will back.

#50 Viiper

Viiper
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Twisting Nether
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 2214

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

Greg Street@Ghostcrawler
@Matteygf Do you get MS for > 100K for a lot? If it requires every cooldown + MS + mastery proc + 5 TfB then we're in the realm of videos.

http://i.imgur.com/ZnVhR.png

#51 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:54 AM

View PostViiper, on 05 December 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

Greg Street@Ghostcrawler
@Matteygf Do you get MS for > 100K for a lot? If it requires every cooldown + MS + mastery proc + 5 TfB then we're in the realm of videos.

http://i.imgur.com/ZnVhR.png

I haven't paid attention to anything this guy said since I got banned from the official forums at the start of s5 but some of this is beyond delusional...

Random guy: What do you think about nerfing damage cds a bit and buffing consistent damage? Arena revolves too much around big cds.

Ghostcrawler: There's a balance though. Burst windows are often the only thing allowing you to score a kill before they're healed back up.

thanks for clearing that up greg :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

#52 Zub

Zub
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/1

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

The changes needed to greatly improve arena seem like they would have too big of an impact on the rest of the game (PvE) to ever happen, realistically. Burst cooldowns needs to be reworked or removed. Sustained damage outside of these needs to be increased greatly for many classes to compensate, but burst healing needs to be lowered a lot to make it so people can actually get behind on healing and die instead of bombing a huge crit heal for 70% of someones hp as soon as you get out of a cc.

I feel like things that were once very important (like positioning, or maybe someone else remembers when casters actually had a mana bar?) are largely overshadowed by a dumbed down system of lining up cooldowns to global someone and/or just waiting for cooldowns to come back up again if you fail to land a kill. An overhaul of many parts of the game is needed to fix PvP (balancing PvE counters around different DPS and HPS) so I have little faith it will ever happen, especially considering the views and direction GC/Blizzard seem to want to go with the game - seemingly the complete opposite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<