Kushi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:13 AM

Hey guys,
Maphack here, a long time reader and video maker.

Just decided I should bring this up because I have switched myself and watching other people play (Vanguards, Jimos) I realise more and more how more solid my idea looks.
So basically I was looking through my matches in 3v3 as Ret/Warr/RShaman and I realised that even when I am not trained that hard I still get shut down and outranged during my cooldowns. After some matches of dying in vain I thought I should give Divine Purpose a try and skip the nobrain Holy Avenger one-shot build. (Now keep in mind that I am possibly the most unlucky person in the world and I did ditch Divine Purpose FOR Holy Avenger when the expansion hit). Switching over to Divine Purpose and getting some extra resilience I realised that not only do I have more consistent damage but I also don't get frustrated or demoralized when I get chain-CCed/outranged during my cooldowns (this is really a big thing that affects your gameplay wether you like to admit it or not) and have way better survivability if I get lucky enough at the right time. (On top of everything else Divine Purpose helped me improve my understanding of certain playstyles I wasn't accustomed to and gave me the oportunity to be part of some matches that I have only seen other people play before). Also, being Retri paladins, although we should be a pretty mobile spec we spend most of our time out of melee range of our enemy hitting them with Judgment, Exorcism, Holy Prism and so on so what is the point of having Holy Avenger since you are gonna get 1, maybe 2 TVs on your target?

I know it is a dificult time for Retri Paladins to be in the mood of discussing anything but I believe there are still some people who love this spec and want to support it as good as they can. I would like to have your advices on the matter and thank you for your time = ]

Maphack

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt...

ME!

#2 fresh_

fresh_
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1859
  • 3v3: 2096
  • RBG: 825

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

swifty one shot macro all day ery day
Posted Image

#3 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

Were you here for the last 2 expansions? Our spec has never been very good, and some of us are still sticking to it ^^ We have always been very easy to CC and used to having high burst but low uptime.

Anyway, I suggest you use HA, but start to use it more carefully. You need to force their trinkets before you pop it, and have your own ready.

#4 Protectah

Protectah
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Suramar
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

Been Divine Purpose since 85 and have not spec'd out of it yet. Its too good. Ret is support focused and DP is a vastly superior defensive tool. Have had no issues being highly competitive with it.

#5 Kushi

Kushi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 03 December 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

Were you here for the last 2 expansions? Our spec has never been very good, and some of us are still sticking to it ^^ We have always been very easy to CC and used to having high burst but low uptime.

Anyway, I suggest you use HA, but start to use it more carefully. You need to force their trinkets before you pop it, and have your own ready.
Yes, I have played Ret since Season 6 and I understand what you mean but it really feels like the best thing you can do in order to ensure you won't get shut down duing your one-shot is to willingly get most type of CCs possible for them to be DRed during your burst and have your trinket ready for maybe a cyclone or something big like that but still I saw my gameplay go way up by using Divine Purpose. I was just curious to see what other Rets think. It is just that I have spent some time myself watching Reckful and Vanguards play and the thing I envied the most was the ability to keep alive for so long and "play" the other team to a point where you know you will win. I don't know if it is just luck but after switching to Divine Purpose it felt like a skill jump, I play better, I win more and most importantly my damage is not gimped outside of cooldowns.

P.S. Much respect to you and your ability to play both Holy and Ret to Top tier level = ]

Edited by Kushi, 03 December 2012 - 11:19 AM.

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt...

ME!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<