Fistagon
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 767

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

I'm aware that there is a thread going in the Junkies section for Hunters. My point here, is to add to that, and given that I do not have access, I am wishful in thinking that this may be seen and/or subsequently added by someone with said access. I would appreciate any and all input regarding what follows. As a reminder, these are suggestions, merely ideas, so if you have anything to add, or even subtract, please do.

Before I get right to it, I feel it is worth mentioning that I, as many Hunters do, wish to see the "rebirth" of Marksmanship and Survival. Neither of which are nearly as optimal, nor as strong as Beast Mastery, despite being a bit gimmicky due to the way in which it is played. With that said, it appears to be our only choice as of right now.

The upcoming suggestions are for all specs, albeit a few pertain to some changes that are undoubtedly long overdue.

1. We're all aware of how annoying it is that Widow Venom still stands as a separate skill, one of which I believe needs to be tied into Serpent Sting. This would of course give us more incentive to use this more often. As it stands, Serpent costs 25 Focus, and so if I might add, I don't see too much of a problem knocking it down to 15 or 20.

2. Prior to the release of MoP, Disengage was going to be supplying us with a rather decent heal, that being 15% of our total health. In my opinion, with or without Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera, I felt this was going to be a bit much. Either way, I think we need to bring that back, but only to include a 5% heal. Since we're on the topic of self-healing, I'd also like to bring up that as Marksman, we could use the 5% that Chimera used to restore to us, and so while we do have Exhilaration now, and the use of Readiness for all three specs, I think we could use a little more to be honest. It seems as though we're forced to rely heavily upon this, and even though we do have Spirit Mend(s) as BM coupled with Stampede, I feel we need this to be on par with other classes.

4. Marksmanship could use quite a few fixes. As for it's damage, well, I feel there may be a slight adjustment in the works. I think the same could be said for our two main shots, Chimera Shot, and Aimed Shot. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but if I recall correctly, most of us miss being able to drain/destroy mana, and most importantly to have the ability to disarm. Perhaps there needs to be added a chance to destroy mana and to once again disarm targets. There would of course need to be a bit of work done, as when we utilize Chimera Shot against say a melee class or a caster/healer, it would be most beneficial that the right effect works as intended (From a technical standpoint, I suppose a disarm is still of use when facing mana-bearing classes, but personally, I would prefer to destroy a percentage of their mana instead).

5. Once again on the topic of Marksmanship damage, I think we could use a slight increase to the damage dealt by Piercing Shots. Rather than the standard 30% over 8 seconds with our primary shots, why not start at 50% with Steady, 40% with Aimed, and lastly, 30% with Chimera. Not to seem almost contradictory, but I couldn't stand seeing a large crit with Chimera, only to have a Steady Shot crit (as expected, which regardless of the amount, is always substantially smaller than even the lowest Chimera non-crits). All in all, even if it isn't that much, we'll see a slight increase in damage. I don't mean to appear greedy, but it is an idea nonetheless.

6. Even despite a handful of skills at our disposal with regard to our pet's survivability, I absolutely do not think it is nearly as good as it should be. Mend pet is terrible, and given the recent changes to BM, and what I think is much needed, is for the Glyph to be added into the skill, but with a 25% chance per tick, and an additional amount of healing, say 5% every second for 12 seconds. An 8 minute CD on HotP? Really? Why not go with 5 minutes, with the possible addition of allowing Readiness to affect it. That's not asking that much.

I'm aware that between the two threads now, we are unlikely to see even but a fraction of what's been proposed, but hey, I suppose it doesn't hurt to try.

There are a few other ideas that I have in mind, but I figured that I've written quite a "story" as it is. Once again, as a reminder, these are simply ideas, meant only for discussion. I will say, however, that I believe we could use a number of fixes, or as most refer to such things, "buffs". I'm open to any and all suggestions pertaining to the topic at hand. Shoot away!

- V

#2 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/0/1/1
  • RBG: 2161

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

Destroying mana mechanic is no longer/not coming back to the game, disarm would be awesome tho.

I am just gonna state BM advantages over MM, and u tell me if i am wrong.

-1 min cc breaker
- less burst cd
- more focus regen ( max focus increased also (120) )
- much more heal
- pet stun regardless which pet u use ( dont tell me 1 min blind cus i can have both as BM, and i will lose 3k mastery buff )
- Stampede does more dmg / More focus regen
- mobile dmg regardless of los ( i know its bad disadvantage also due to pet cc so you can delete this one )
- 30% haste from time to time = 1.5 sec powershot combined with rapid fire
- Fervor is good cus pet focus is important = not so much for MM.

On the other hand, tell me what MM can give you extra
Posted Image

#3 Fistagon

Fistagon
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

View Postidevpro, on 03 December 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

Destroying mana mechanic is no longer/not coming back to the game, disarm would be awesome tho.

I am just gonna state BM advantages over MM, and u tell me if i am wrong.

-1 min cc breaker
- less burst cd
- more focus regen ( max focus increased also (120) )
- much more heal
- pet stun regardless which pet u use ( dont tell me 1 min blind cus i can have both as BM, and i will lose 3k mastery buff )
- Stampede does more dmg / More focus regen
- mobile dmg regardless of los ( i know its bad disadvantage also due to pet cc so you can delete this one )
- 30% haste from time to time = 1.5 sec powershot combined with rapid fire
- Fervor is good cus pet focus is important = not so much for MM.

On the other hand, tell me what MM can give you extra

Just came back from the game after close to a year. I'm not fully sure you understand the purpose of my post.

My intent was not to compare the three Hunter specs, as there is no comparison. Of the three, Beast Mastery is arguably the best in every category.
With that said, I am looking to bridge the gap between Beast and its two neighbors, and so I would like to see Marksmanship and Survival Hunters once again.

As for your mention of Fervor, well, simply put, it has nothing on Thrill of the Hunt.
Furthermore, Powershot is still broken, leaving you to pick up Glaive Toss in its place.

#4 Ugran

Ugran
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Daggerspine
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/0/2/1/0

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

I still think the main reason people liked MM wasn't crazy damage or it being overpowered it had a really nice flow in cata building pressure and lining up aimed chimera combos. BM just isnt as fun ive got more than used to playing it in mop but would swap back to MM in a heart beat.

Intimadation for me isn't a big buff for BM as they have had it forever and its very clunky so im not worried about that.

with pet survivability i think thats part of the game for BM and seeing as MM just use there pet as buff and cc alt that never leave there side i dont thinka buffs needed to badly. i mean frost pet goes down pretty easy and really hurts a mage but i do like readiness reseting pet cooldowns.

1 min cc breaker is a bigger deal with alot of instant cc in the game but id rather see cc get reeled in than bestial wrath.

What about similar to BM with its beast within, MM could have a similar buff when using rapid fire.

Making Chimera heal more unglyphed would really help im sure we all remember the dance of keeping your health up with CS.

I like the combining of the sting ideas i would use that move alot maybe a SV idea or for everyone.

Either way i want i very light touch to buffing MM and SV i dont want god mode just competative

#5 Fistagon

Fistagon
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

View PostUgran, on 11 December 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

I still think the main reason people liked MM wasn't crazy damage or it being overpowered it had a really nice flow in cata building pressure and lining up aimed chimera combos. BM just isnt as fun ive got more than used to playing it in mop but would swap back to MM in a heart beat.

Intimadation for me isn't a big buff for BM as they have had it forever and its very clunky so im not worried about that.

with pet survivability i think thats part of the game for BM and seeing as MM just use there pet as buff and cc alt that never leave there side i dont thinka buffs needed to badly. i mean frost pet goes down pretty easy and really hurts a mage but i do like readiness reseting pet cooldowns.

1 min cc breaker is a bigger deal with alot of instant cc in the game but id rather see cc get reeled in than bestial wrath.

What about similar to BM with its beast within, MM could have a similar buff when using rapid fire.

Making Chimera heal more unglyphed would really help im sure we all remember the dance of keeping your health up with CS.

I like the combining of the sting ideas i would use that move alot maybe a SV idea or for everyone.

Either way i want i very light touch to buffing MM and SV i dont want god mode just competative

I agree. Now having hit 90, and attained a full set of PvP gear (minus T1), I am actually starting to appreciate BM quite a bit, even to the extent that I am now leaning slightly towards BM, as opposed to MM. I will say, however, that I am all for a few of the "quality of life" additions to our Hunter class.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hunter, PvP, Suggestions, Discussion, Questions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<