#1 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Planetside 2 is a new F2P game and is amazing. If you haven't tried it yet you should.
It received 90% from PC Gamer and 9.0 from IGN. You can download it on Steam.

Here is the trailer.

YT Review:

Edited by Hyrmine, 01 December 2012 - 11:41 PM.

#2 downedlolidiot

downedlolidiot
  • Members

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

i thought nearly every game got an 8-9/10 these days on game review sites, 9/10 doesn't really mean holy fuck this game is so good you have to buy it like it used to (or in this case just play)

#3 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

View Postdownedlolidiot, on 03 December 2012 - 05:46 AM, said:

i thought nearly every game got an 8-9/10 these days on game review sites, 9/10 doesn't really mean holy fuck this game is so good you have to buy it like it used to (or in this case just play)

http://www.ign.com/g...hand/ps2-822478
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#4 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

This game is amazing, once they get it optimized and stuff I think it could be one of the best PC games.  Been having a blast playing it so far, if anyone wants to team up East Coast message me on here, have a great vanu outfit :)

#5 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

I have downloaded it but just not got round to playing it yet...I'm too addicted to warcrack again :)
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#6 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

Eh, my first impression is that it's basically like a crappy(but free) version of battlefield with "pay to win" stuff. I think you can unlock everything w/out paying but seems like it'd be very slow.

Edit: Put in some more hours. Cert farming is gay but practically necessary if you want to get decent loadouts. Infantry is gimped as hell before they get decent anti-vehicle options, and even then tanks and aircraft aren't hard to be in 90% of the time and they outclass infantry in cert gain and k/d unless you play combat medic and revive spam. Bases have poor layout making them hard to defend, and easy to spawn camp with aircraft that can fire from outside detection range. The terrain also sucks balls, you slide around on slopes erratically and it's a PITA.

It's got some major issues, but I can see why people still like it as it's fun to fuck around in. The certs are basically the carrot on the stick that will make you keep playing to reach that next unlock, but unfortunately they encourage some cheesy behaviors that aren't really helping your team. I think if they don't throw infantry a bone though the game will die, my k/d in tanks is like 10:1 or better, as infantry I'm lucky to do better than 1/1. Part of the problem is everyone zergs the crown for more XP, and my faction has been the aggressor lately rather than defender which means having a huge disadvantage being downhill from the enemy with further spawn points. I also play medic for the XP so I die a lot trying to revive people who get killed in dumb positions for that sweet XP juice. :|

#7 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

dont play this game

imagine battlefield 3 except you had to jump through hoops just to join a server and kill people and there was no vehicle/aircraft limits

that's planetside 2
Posted Image

#8 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

View Postfaction, on 02 January 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

dont play this game

imagine battlefield 3 except you had to jump through hoops just to join a server and kill people and there was no vehicle/aircraft limits

that's planetside 2

Repped for the sig
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#9 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

Yeah air in particular is fucking ridiculous. Tanks at least you can hide from fairly well as infantry.

They made way too much of the game open fields and even the bases don't have much cover.

Luckily it's f2p so if/when it dies(probably will) I won't've wasted any $$$ on it.

#10 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostBuglamp, on 03 January 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

Yeah air in particular is fucking ridiculous. Tanks at least you can hide from fairly well as infantry.

They made way too much of the game open fields and even the bases don't have much cover.

Luckily it's f2p so if/when it dies(probably will) I won't've wasted any $$$ on it.

yea i stupidly bought the 6 month sub, playing it makes me wish i had spent the money on bf3 instead, same fucking thing with less vehicles/planes
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<