• Curse Sites
Help

Any1 else thinks that the spellsteal nerf shouldnt be like that?

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#61 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/1/2/2/.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 29 November 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

I perfectly understand and agree.
From our experience with Blizzard, they tend to ignore the problem forever.
So from the opponents perspective, this was either going to get ignored as it has already been the case for quite long time or get some sort of a fix.So what I am saying is , I prefer it to be fixed, even though it is borderline unfair for mages and another way to fix it would be better.

Yes, see and that's what a normal poster would do. Agree, because it's common sense that this is a bad change. It is a good spell to change, but not the good way to change it.

So many things could have been done;
1. Spell removed
2. Cooldown given
3. Mana cost increased but not to 63,000
4. Arcane Blast type of mechanic

Instead they do the worst, give some retarded mana cost, therefore promoting insane amount of RNG, mages will still get important spells of in first steal, but the luckier ones will do. Why do you want RNG and 0 skill mechanics in the game? lol. this change just makes the game worse in general, maybe better from your pov, but certainly not from other players pov. so yes you're biased felic

#62 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

I'm sorry Xandyn, but weren't you the first one to insult me because I stated my opinion on Spellsteal and that it was a needed nerf?

I'd like the spell removed completly. As I said, this will make the game easier to balance hopefully, otherwise they would have to make even more spells immune to purges such as HoTs even. I think Blizzard are doing faster fixes than before, and hopefully this xpac will be one of the better (if we bother to wait perhaps 2 seasons).

It is only semi RNG, you can look at the enemy buffs, decide if it is worth it or not to try and steal the spell or you can turtle around.

Tell me again, why is it common sense that the nerf to Spell steal was not good? Because you say so?

Edited by averagepriestz, 29 November 2012 - 11:11 PM.

#63 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 29 November 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

I'm sorry Xandyn, but weren't you the first one to insult me because I stated my opinion on Spellsteal and that it was a needed nerf?

I'd like the spell removed completly. As I said, this will make the game easier to balance hopefully, otherwise they would have to make even more spells immune to purges such as HoTs even. I think Blizzard are doing faster fixes than before, and hopefully this xpac will be one of the better (if we bother to wait perhaps 2 seasons).

I called you an idiot, yes, and that's completely reasonable, because;

You jumped on me in another topic, telling me I'm contradicting myself, when 12 posts later I managed to explain to you, that I wasn't at all. that WAS idiotic

Now, you do the same thing, you misunderstand me ONCE again. Then as an argument you use random nonsense. I found it funny of you to say 'good change'. How is this a good change whatsoever?

Do you honestly think it's good that I will pop Icy Veins, enemy mage will dispel it instantly, I will try to get his Ice Barrier, I'll go OOM doing that? Or is it good if I'll get every freedom from your warrior instantly, meanwhile some other mage you face will never manage to get it and go OOM doing that?

It's not a good change, the spell should have been removed, reworked or replaced. Not kept at some lingering state, a state that promotes MORE rng in the game.

Is it really so fucking hard to see why I am being reasonable and you're not? Is it really hard to understand why I'd call you an idiot, when everytime I encounter you in these forums, it takes me 12-20 posts to make you understand something simple?

It's not semi-RNG, it's RNG as fuck. Most classes in the game have A LOT of trash buffs, and will have even more when they know they're using an important cooldown, to cover it. Some mages will get lucky and dispel it fast, some mages won't. Spell should have been removed, reworked at best.

BUT LETS turn mage into RNG damage bot, that does nothing but press frost bomb -> fireblast during a game, where freeze is present. Nice yes? That's one reason I don't wanna play the game anymore:

1. 2400 and 2800 players do the same shit and succeed the same. hard to tell whos good and bad, now that all you have to do is one shot someone before they one shot you
2. Game just got boring because of homogenization and meaningless changes. removal of mechanics that kept the game interesting.

Edited by Xandyn, 29 November 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#64 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

View PostXandyn, on 29 November 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

I'm not going to keep it in a sober tone when all you do is;
post idiotic nonsense
bring up random off-topic such as the forged ID situation
use IRL insults as an argument
randomly bring up something about me scamming someone without any proof

what is exactly a fact? that I hacked hydra? that I scammed someone? show proof on either of those topics, and I'll bow to you bro, and proof that isn't skype logs, because as any kid around knows, those can be faked in around 0.1 second

YES!! Spell steal had to go, or completely reworked, now they are still keeping it in the game, meanwhile giving retarded mana costs (63,000) and all this does is promote RANDOMNESSsssSsSss in the game, I would MUCH, much rather see it removed, so I don't need to rage when an enemy mage steals Icy Veins from me in first try, and I go oom trying to get his shield off......... is it really so hard to understand why I'm saying this is a retarded change? not a good change at all?

But you can not simply understand this from the first post I make, you need 6 posts to understand my PoV, which makes me say one thing about you; you're an idiot. all you do is tunnel vision into one idea 'spell steal was bad, had to go, nice 100k mana cost im happy now'. does that mean that the change is good for the game? no.. it brings insane amount of rng.

Edited by Covlol, 29 November 2012 - 11:16 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#65 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

I think none of you should be able to do the above. But you're acting all up, your class will still be more than fine, and you have partners aswell. The alternative would be no change, which would have been for the worse.

Hopefully they will change Spellsteal once again. But your other suggestion was to put it on a short CD, right? How would that be less RNG? Someone could still get it in 1 hit, where you would get 1 lifebloom perhaps?

I don't quite follow your logic. And yes, you do come off as childish, the way you debate about things. If someone does not agree, you go ahead and try to trashtalk them. I've always thought you were rather immature, but perhaps I forgot how it is to be 15 years again. You can't even have a debate without talking someone down.

#66 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 29 November 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

I think none of you should be able to do the above. But you're acting all up, your class will still be more than fine, and you have partners aswell. The alternative would be no change, which would have been for the worse.

Hopefully they will change Spellsteal once again. But your other suggestion was to put it on a short CD, right? How would that be less RNG? Someone could still get it in 1 hit, where you would get 1 lifebloom perhaps?

I don't quite follow your logic. And yes, you do come off as childish, the way you debate about things. If someone does not agree, you go ahead and try to trashtalk them. I've always thought you were rather immature, but perhaps I forgot how it is to be 15 years again. You can't even have a debate without talking someone down.

Yet you do the same, bring up ID forge bullshit, mention about me scamming someone with no proof to back it up, talk about my pictures? Calling me 15 when I'm 19. Hypocrite much no?

I never said my class won't be fine or I'll have trouble finding partners.. It's not whats being discussed here. The discussion is whether the change is GOOD or BAD, as the fucking topic name suggests? no? jesus..

I don't think it's a good change as many better changes could have been done.

You don't even seem to memorize things, I said I would like the spell steal to be on 20 sec - 60 sec cooldown (ideally 30), and have a priority system, to steal spells that benefit the mage first.

That way;
a) as an opponent you would have to THINK before using your important spells against a mage, wait for him to be in CC or out of range/LOS, spell steal on cooldown, maybe even use a small cooldown to bait the spell steal.
b ) as a mage you would have to be smart about usage of your spell steal cooldown, and 0 RNG would be present. And I'm all down for changes that remove RNG.

Either that, or spell completely gone off the spell book. Is it so HARD to see, why that would be a much better change than what it is now? That's why this change is bad. To keep a change in a lingering state, and also promote more RNG in the game at the same time, that's good for you? lol man...

Edited by Xandyn, 29 November 2012 - 11:28 PM.

#67 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

:D

#68 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

View PostXandyn, on 29 November 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

Yet you do the same, bring up ID forge bullshit, mention about me scamming someone with no proof to back it up, talk about my pictures? Calling me 15 when I'm 19. Hypocrite much no?

I never said my class won't be fine or I'll have trouble finding partners.. It's not whats being discussed here. The discussion is whether the change is GOOD or BAD, as the fucking topic name suggests? no? jesus..

I don't think it's a good change as many better changes could have been done.

You don't even seem to memorize things, I said I would like the spell steal to be on 20 sec - 60 sec cooldown (ideally 30), and have a priority system, to steal spells that benefit the mage first.

That way;
a) as an opponent you would have to THINK before using your important spells against a mage, wait for him to be in CC or out of range/LOS, spell steal on cooldown, maybe even use a small cooldown to bait the spell steal.
b ) as a mage you would have to be smart about usage of your spell steal cooldown, and 0 RNG would be present. And I'm all down for changes that remove RNG.

Either that, or spell completely gone off the spell book. Is it so HARD to see, why that would be a much better change than what it is now?

So you want everyone to think about using cd's against you but you don't have to think about anything? Just get what benefits you with no thought at all even if the cd they used is a 2-3min cd and you spent a 20-60sec cd to completely counter it and use it against them?

That doesn't seem like a very good change at all.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#69 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 29 November 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

:D

is that all you can come up to reply with, when I've answered your question, and explained myself, yet again for you? proved why you're wrong? you're just pathetic.

you can't keep up with an argument, get the f off the forums. all you do when you're proven wrong is troll or random off-topic arguments.

#70 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

View PostCovlol, on 29 November 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

So you want everyone to think about using cd's against you but you don't have to think about anything? Just get what benefits you with no thought at all even if the cd they used is a 2-3min cd and you spent a 20-60sec cd to completely counter it and use it against them?

That doesn't seem like a very good change at all.

nobody says you have to use that CD before his spell steal is on cooldown? lol you just wait until the mage is in LoS, or out of range, or has no spell steal, and use your precious CD

oh yes i don't have to think about anything. for some reason I'm OK to wait for shamans wind shear to sheep or frost bomb, but the same can't be applied to spell steal, because that would make the opponents pay effort into playing the game, rather than just spamming cds mindlessly

I'm would be 100% okay with;

Frost bomb damage reduced by 20-25%
Mana regen of mages nerfed to fuck
Ring of frost put on 2 min cd
PoM removed for frost

I'm not ok with changes that make no sense whatsoever

Edited by Xandyn, 29 November 2012 - 11:35 PM.

#71 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

View PostXandyn, on 29 November 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

nobody says you have to use that CD before his spell steal is on cooldown? lol you just wait until the mage is in LoS, or out of range, or has no spell steal, and use your precious CD

oh yes i don't have to think about anything. for some reason I'm OK to wait for shamans wind shear to sheep or frost bomb, but the same can't be applied to spell steal, because that would make the opponents pay effort into playing the game, rather than just spamming cds mindlessly

And which mage is going to spell steal before any cd he wants comes up while having a cd on it? Use logic plz.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#72 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

You just seem way too angry Xandyn, I give up. It's like debating with a rabies infected racoon. All it wants to do is just carve out your eyes.

#73 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

View PostCovlol, on 29 November 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

And which mage is going to spell steal before any cd he wants comes up while having a cd on it? Use logic plz.

l2p plz coz you clearly never played the game. you could use freedom as a paladin before you use bop for example. or simply wait for the mage to be out of range, out of LoS, or until he has no free globals to spell steal your shit.

maybe it's not the best change, and I never change it is, but it's still by miles better than what's been done now lol, because it would promote the mage to play better with reaction time, and opponents to improve and play better + be careful when using their CD's. all this change does is promote trash buffing yourself when using CD's and RNG on the mages side. use logic plz

#74 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Instead of nerfing spellsteal they could give others some type of dispel protection on a slight higher cd than their dispelable cooldowns - that would be OK

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#75 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

View Postaveragepriestz, on 29 November 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

You just seem way too angry Xandyn, I give up. It's like debating with a rabies infected racoon. All it wants to do is just carve out your eyes.

You give up because you were proven wrong, no need to say the other shit. But you can't simply say, sorry I was perhaps wrong. Cause you're an idiot.

#76 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

View PostXandyn, on 29 November 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

I'm all down for changes that remove RNG.

So magelord, you would like to see crit chance / crit rating removed from the game or - it is quite RNG stat after all.

I would like to hear your opinion on this important issue of RNG.

#77 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

View PostBraindance, on 29 November 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

Instead of nerfing spellsteal they could give others some type of dispel protection on a slight higher cd than their dispelable cooldowns - that would be OK

Exactly, there is countless possible things that could have been done, it doesn't even take any brain to come up with better changes than this, but Blizzard implemented possibly the WORST way to change spell steal.

#78 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

View PostKettu, on 29 November 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

So magelord, you would like to see crit chance / crit rating removed from the game or - it is quite RNG stat after all.

I would like to hear your opinion on this important issue of RNG.

Yes, criticals have never been a good idea in this game, abilities that give 100% crit chance are fine, not 20-30% chance to crit. I've said this long time ago, playing in LAN, and sometimes if your shatter crits you win, or if your heal doesn't - you lose, that's just bs.

There could be little things that increase your crit to 100% for 5-10 seconds, like Engineering enchants, or profession things in general, racials, maybe PvP trinkets, but in general @ PvP, crit should be EXTREMELY low or not present at all. Back in the days when resilience reduced crit chance from players, it was way better.

Edited by Xandyn, 29 November 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#79 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

View PostXandyn, on 29 November 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

l2p plz coz you clearly never played the game. you could use freedom as a paladin before you use bop for example. or simply wait for the mage to be out of range, out of LoS, or until he has no free globals to spell steal your shit.

maybe it's not the best change, and I never change it is, but it's still by miles better than what's been done now lol, because it would promote the mage to play better with reaction time, and opponents to improve and play better + be careful when using their CD's. all this change does is promote trash buffing yourself when using CD's and RNG on the mages side. use logic plz

While were at it mayb the mage could spell steal right when gates open to juke the pally into using bop and freedom since he knows that it can't be taken so that he wont have it when you are doing dmg?

See i can pull random situations out my ass too :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#80 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

View PostCovlol, on 29 November 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

While were at it mayb the mage could spell steal right when gates open to juke the pally into using bop and freedom since he knows that it can't be taken so that he wont have it when you are doing dmg?

See i can pull random situations out my ass too :D

No wonder you are 2200 rated.

And a warrior.

Edited by Xandyn, 29 November 2012 - 11:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<