• Curse Sites
Help

Any1 else thinks that the spellsteal nerf shouldnt be like that?

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#41 Natokni

Natokni
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

You're still a hero class stop whinging idiot.

#42 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

I think giving it a 12 second cooldown would have been a better change. But also shaman purge and such should be given maybe a 6-8 second cooldown.

#43 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/1/2/2/.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 29 November 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

Xandyn what is the difference between a 1 minute cd and it costing 21% mana?

Yeah, let's give it a priority based system, so it always takes off wings and dark soul first so the Mage can have some fun using a no CD spell to gain a 2 minute CD spell.

rofl.

P.s. I was playing this game before you knew how to fake titles, so don't even go there.

well since you are too retarded to see the difference, with the amount of trash buffs that exist in the game, in the current state spell steal is useless.

and i didn't say give it no cd, I said give it a long cd but give a priority system, so that noob paladins like you would actually have to use brain before using cds

p.s. i met you a couple times during cata and you were like a 2200 paladin lol, no wonder you promote changes that make no sense
since you are gonna come up with some bs excuse: http://warcraftmovie...w.php?id=207657
3:25, enjoy
you should def comment on game balance, when you can't even play the game itself, I wish wow wasn't filled with idiots like you jk i don't care ha

o now i remember, you're the same idiot who posted back in the days that shadowmourne is OK but DFO is not OK, you're just biased as fuck, or you wouldn't use 'pop wings jk dispel' as a side argument every time lol

Edited by Xandyn, 29 November 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#44 Ruddx

Ruddx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 1/1/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1922
  • 3v3: 2263
  • RBG: 2152

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Why are people comparing Spellsteal to Purge? I mean you stole the Major CD's of some Classes who simply didn't have anything to trashbuff themselves.
I remember that Paladins couldn't use any of their major CD's in Cata cause of it...

Pretty sure noone would be bothered too much with Mages having an offensive Dispell for moderate Mana-Cost.

Edited by Ruddx, 29 November 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#45 Braindance

Braindance
  • Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Why are you fighting? What's done is done

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#46 Moreudirl

Moreudirl
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2481

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

the real fix would be to make it like arcane blast, subsequent uses increase the mana cost stacking a number of times maybe something like every spell steal doubles the cost or increases it 25% dno numbers, make it stack a debuff that lasts 10-15 seconds whatever is fair.

this way smart use of the spell is encouraged, while spamming it is discouraged. (should apply to all offensive dispels.)

Edited by Moreudirl, 29 November 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#47 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

View PostXandyn, on 29 November 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

well since you are too retarded to see the difference, with the amount of trash buffs that exist in the game, in the current state spell steal is useless.

and i didn't say give it no cd, I said give it a long cd but give a priority system, so that noob paladins like you would actually have to use brain before using cds

p.s. i met you a couple times during cata and you were like a 2200 paladin lol, no wonder you promote changes that make no sense
since you are gonna come up with some bs excuse: http://warcraftmovie...w.php?id=207657
3:25, enjoy
you should def comment on game balance, when you can't even play the game itself, I wish wow wasn't filled with idiots like you jk i don't care ha

o now i remember, you're the same idiot who posted back in the days that shadowmourne is OK but DFO is not OK, you're just biased as fuck, or you wouldn't use 'pop wings jk dispel' as a side argument every time lol

No need to take it personal. I know you take the game very seriously, that became pretty obvious when you forged fake ID in order to obtain an ingame title. I never claimed I have been among the top in Cataclysm, I did not get 1 single Gladiator title on my main, since I did not bother with it. I have not been playing PvP on a high level since I started university. But go ahead, put in a clip of 2v2 where a Mage / Rogue beats a Paladin, congratulations. I like playing with friends, and that will not stop. The Warlock was in the army at the time, something you might need, not that I do not doubt for a second you would make up an excuse to not get in it though.

I never said Shadowmourne was fine, I said trinkets were just as dumb. A Shadowmourne on a DK for example, was no big deal, but a DFO having 10 stacks on a Mage, Destro or Ele would destroy you in a few seconds.

You're defending a broken mechanic, a mechanic that is currently destroying the game (Read: offensive dispels in general). It has been far too easy for Mages to steal large cooldowns from opponents, indirectly making them a complete counter if said class would use any of their large CD's. There has been no reason for it to spammable and also steal buffs at the same time.

I don't know where you get your facts from, or why you make things up to insult me. In Cataclysm I was playing with Granter and a DK friend of mine, we reached 2440 in 3v3, and my 5's were rank 2. Might not be the best, but I was up there with a MMR of 2400-2500 after the MMR fix.

But please Xandyn, if you want to trash talk, atleast make sure the guy you are talking trash to does not know what kind of nerd you are. We have all seen countless of threads with pictures of you, regardless if they were meant as a joke or not (just try to write Xandyn in Google and click on pictures). Honestly, I am afraid you might fake my ID in order to come after me now.

Enjoy your superiority once again as a Mage, and take the nerfs like a man. I've been struggling each game. vs Mages, and I do not moan about our class. You will do just fine with this nerf, especially considering you are always paired with a Priest or Shaman currently.

Peace :)

#48 VesthisBB

VesthisBB
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2275

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostIcekingx, on 28 November 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

Since spellsteal got this nerf it's only right that shaman's have mana cost of purged increased atleast I mean they get to glyph for 2 purges for the price of 1...btw can't steal earth shield anymore on top demon soul not being able to be stolen or dispelled.

The difference is that shamans actually have to worry about their mana somewhat.

#49 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 29 November 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

No need to take it personal. I know you take the game very seriously, that became pretty obvious when you forged fake ID in order to obtain an ingame title. I never claimed I have been among the top in Cataclysm, I did not get 1 single Gladiator title on my main, since I did not bother with it. I have not been playing PvP on a high level since I started university. But go ahead, put in a clip of 2v2 where a Mage / Rogue beats a Paladin, congratulations. I like playing with friends, and that will not stop. The Warlock was in the army at the time, something you might need, not that I do not doubt for a second you would make up an excuse to not get in it though.

I never said Shadowmourne was fine, I said trinkets were just as dumb. A Shadowmourne on a DK for example, was no big deal, but a DFO having 10 stacks on a Mage, Destro or Ele would destroy you in a few seconds.

You're defending a broken mechanic, a mechanic that is currently destroying the game (Read: offensive dispels in general). It has been far too easy for Mages to steal large cooldowns from opponents, indirectly making them a complete counter if said class would use any of their large CD's. There has been no reason for it to spammable and also steal buffs at the same time.

I don't know where you get your facts from, or why you make things up to insult me. In Cataclysm I was playing with Granter and a DK friend of mine, we reached 2440 in 3v3, and my 5's were rank 2. Might not be the best, but I was up there with a MMR of 2400-2500 after the MMR fix.

But please Xandyn, if you want to trash talk, atleast make sure the guy you are talking trash to does not know what kind of nerd you are. We have all seen countless of threads with pictures of you, regardless if they were meant as a joke or not (just try to write Xandyn in Google and click on pictures). Honestly, I am afraid you might fake my ID in order to come after me now.

Enjoy your superiority once again as a Mage, and take the nerfs like a man. I've been struggling each game. vs Mages, and I do not moan about our class. You will do just fine with this nerf, especially considering you are always paired with a Priest or Shaman currently.

bla bla bla bla random shit excuses
insults over irl
bring up the fake id shit

i don't care about your ratings or titles, i met you, you were clueless and shit, don't even know why would you comment on any game changes whatsoever

u cant even read, im not defending the mechanic, i said it's broken as fuck, but this was not the correct way to fix it, you will never understand the simplicity of this statement coz you're simply too dumb

i don't even care about the game, I don't play anymore, I've quit, it's just hilarious seeing idiotic changes being made and then promoted by idiots like you, yes spell steal needed a nerf, but not to be done like this, a different approach could of been done, something that wouldn't render the spell useless

also I find it quite funny how your entire post says 'fuck you' just because you're an idiot and then you go;

yea peace to you too, try to learn the game before you post anything about balance

oh and, hahaha 'A Shadowmourne on a DK for example, was no big deal', I bet you were even worse at WOTLK than you were when I met you xD

Edited by Xandyn, 29 November 2012 - 10:31 PM.

#50 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

Nice comeback Xandyn, really mature ;)

#51 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 29 November 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

Nice comeback Xandyn, really mature ;)

you are really mature, your posts in the thread:

0.1. lol good change, well deserved (lmao yeah good change idd, very healthy for the game, pls be more biased)

I come up with a good argument as to why this change was wrong way to go about fixing Spell Steal mechanics (which where broken yes)
your reply:

1. lol op mage u deserve it, you're still gonna be op
2. lol you're ugly irl and forge ids

ok? you're just a common AJ idiot, the place is dwelling with people like you.

I don't understand why would anyone who played this game at a high level before would consider this a good change, dispelling trash, useless buff at a cost of 63,000 mana is a good change for you? Either remove the spell entirely and compensate with a new spell, or bring in an Arcane Blast / Cooldown mechanic.

Edited by Xandyn, 29 November 2012 - 10:46 PM.

#52 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

Never said you were ugly. I just pointed out that people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. You're coming at me from every angle, trying to insult me and making up things.

Calm down, no need to take it to a personal level.

Also, yesterday a friend of mine told me you scammed yet another poor guy for money. You were supposed to boost, right? Is that what you call quitting, or just making a bit extra on the side ;) ?

Edit: I should probably mention that I was defending you in the other thread, saying that even if you forged fake ID, it does not matter how one looks. I'm not a big fan of bullying people over physical appereances. It should be based on what kind of personality the person has.

Edited by averagepriestz, 29 November 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#53 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 29 November 2012 - 10:46 PM, said:

Never said you were ugly. I just pointed out that people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. You're coming at me from every angle, trying to insult me and making up things.

Calm down, no need to take it to a personal level.

Also, yesterday a friend of mine told me you scammed yet another poor guy for money. You were supposed to boost, right? Is that what you call quitting, or just making a bit extra on the side ;) ?

yeah and a friend of mine told me you were a virgin, is that something you do for a living? if you wanna accuse me of something, bring proof as you do it, thank you

and I never came up with anything about you;

1. you are bad and clueless at the game, I faced you multiple times in cataclysm and you were playing like a random 2200 paladin would, one game you didn't even manage to press bubble
2. your arguments are a fucking joke, and you don't even understand what's being written on a forum board (saying I defend a broken mechanic, when I clearly said I do not, just don't promote this kind of 'fix'.
3. you were actively defending shadowmourne in wotlk, and constantly post random bs that doesn't make sense on these forums

'I just pointed out that people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.'

joke, whether I am a nerd or not, doesn't cancel out the fact I can call you horrible and an idiot, and there is nothing else but that you showcase, you're being an idiot to the extreme levels with every post you make, and you were horrendous everytime I met you or saw a stream with you playing.

Edited by Xandyn, 29 November 2012 - 10:55 PM.

#54 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

When someone as dense as Felic can process the situation and make a semi proper post (which happens to be his first non retarded / biased post on AJ after 661 posts) - you know that the nerfs are warranted.

Spellsteal problem reached a state where any nerf is a good nerf after being neglected for so long, even though it could be handled differently.

Edited by Djandawg, 29 November 2012 - 10:54 PM.

#55 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 29 November 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

When someone as dense as Felic can process the situation and make a semi proper post (which happens to be his first non retarded / biased post on AJ after 661 posts) - you know that the nerfs are warranted.

Spellsteal problem reached a state where any nerf is a good nerf after being neglected for so long, even though it could be handled differently.

So just because something is not working well, let's bring up a random change that makes ABSOLUTELY no sense whatsoever? Is that the kind of balance this game needs? no.. it just brings up more problems in the long run.

huge nerfs or changes like this should be made with THOUGHT in mind, not just random shit like 63000 mana cost on spell steal with 100000 trash buffs available in the game, do you know what this change promotes? ONE THING, 'rng' its called, where you will cast spell steal twice, use 120k mana, and hope to get something useful.

but hey, rng is very good for the game, lets get more of it, amazing, good change.

#56 Koshimo

Koshimo
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/2/.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

instead of nerfing it they should just remove it boom game is 10% better
xD

#57 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostKoshimo, on 29 November 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

instead of nerfing it they should just remove it boom game is 10% better

even that would make much more sense than this kind of change
now:
mages will still have to cast spell steal, but it will be RNG as fuck, sometimes you'll get lucky, sometimes you won't, mage v mage in arena will be even more retarded

#58 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

Xandyn, try to keep it in a sober tone.

Yes, it might not hold true, but facts are facts, you have done it before and worse. I am brining it up in response to the personal insults you seem to try to go for all the time, we can just leave it at that and stay on topic.

Spell steal had to go, I am sorry. I'd like a game where buffs do not increase a players damage by 30%, but instead just provide immunities so they can have uptime. A game where you do not get bursted from 100-0% in few seconds, but where your health slowly drops, while the healers struggle to keep you up. I liked the defensive dispel change, and I wish purge and such would also recieve similar treatmeant.

I do not think I am the biased one in this case, as you said, I do not play a Mage, but you do. I'd prefer if only healers had the option to dispel defensively and offensively, that way you would need a healer in any comp, and he would have to go offensive in order to actually dispel the enemy that is being targetted. Imagine if it had 20 yards range. You would have to be sure your healer could step out and help you dispel your target. Then throw in a larger mana cost, and perhaps a 4-5 second CD.

I recall when playing doublehealer, all we had to do vs. Mages or Druids was just to train them all game, with the priest or shaman spamming their dispel button, while I sat back at 40 yards and kept them up. The game was not fun. Regardless, Mages stealing Shields, Hots and basicly all of the Paladins CC's made no sense either.

Edited by averagepriestz, 29 November 2012 - 11:02 PM.

#59 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 29 November 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

Xandyn, try to keep it in a sober tone.

Yes, it might not hold true, but facts are facts, you have done it before and worse. I am brining it up in response to the personal insults you seem to try to go for all the time, we can just leave it at that and stay on topic.

Spell steal had to go, I am sorry. I'd like a game where buffs do not increase a players damage by 30%, but instead just provide immunities so they can have uptime. A game where you do not get bursted from 100-0% in few seconds, but where your health slowly drops, while the healers struggle to keep you up. I liked the defensive dispel change, and I wish purge and such would also recieve similar treatmeant.

I do not think I am the biased one in this case, as you said, I do not play a Mage, but you do. I'd prefer if only healers had the option to dispel defensively and offensively, that way you would need a healer in any comp, and he would have to go offensive in order to actually dispel the enemy that is being targetted. Imagine if it had 20 yards range. You would have to be sure your healer could step out and help you dispel your target. Then throw in a larger mana cost, and perhaps a 4-5 second CD.

I'm not going to keep it in a sober tone when all you do is;
post idiotic nonsense
bring up random off-topic such as the forged ID situation
use IRL insults as an argument
randomly bring up something about me scamming someone without any proof

what is exactly a fact? that I hacked hydra? that I scammed someone? show proof on either of those topics, and I'll bow to you bro, and proof that isn't skype logs, because as any kid around knows, those can be faked in around 0.1 second

YES!! Spell steal had to go, or completely reworked, now they are still keeping it in the game, meanwhile giving retarded mana costs (63,000) and all this does is promote RANDOMNESSsssSsSss in the game, I would MUCH, much rather see it removed, so I don't need to rage when an enemy mage steals Icy Veins from me in first try, and I go oom trying to get his shield off......... is it really so hard to understand why I'm saying this is a retarded change? not a good change at all?

But you can not simply understand this from the first post I make, you need 6 posts to understand my PoV, which makes me say one thing about you; you're an idiot. all you do is tunnel vision into one idea 'spell steal was bad, had to go, nice 100k mana cost im happy now'. does that mean that the change is good for the game? no.. it brings insane amount of rng.

Edited by Xandyn, 29 November 2012 - 11:05 PM.

#60 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

View PostXandyn, on 29 November 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

So just because something is not working well, let's bring up a random change that makes ABSOLUTELY no sense whatsoever? Is that the kind of balance this game needs? no.. it just brings up more problems in the long run.

huge nerfs or changes like this should be made with THOUGHT in mind, not just random shit like 63000 mana cost on spell steal with 100000 trash buffs available in the game, do you know what this change promotes? ONE THING, 'rng' its called, where you will cast spell steal twice, use 120k mana, and hope to get something useful.

but hey, rng is very good for the game, lets get more of it, amazing, good change.
I perfectly understand and agree.
From our experience with Blizzard, they tend to ignore the problem forever.
So from the opponents perspective, this was either going to get ignored as it has already been the case for quite long time or get some sort of a fix.So what I am saying is , I prefer it to be fixed, even though it is borderline unfair for mages and another way to fix it would be better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<