• Curse Sites
Help

Any1 else thinks that the spellsteal nerf shouldnt be like that?

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#21 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

View PostKraftyy, on 28 November 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

DKs aren't shattering your entire HP bar after hitting icy touch a few times, because....they can't.
Apparently you haven't played against any frost DKs this expansion

#22 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

View PostKraftyy, on 28 November 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

DKs aren't shattering your entire HP bar after hitting icy touch a few times, because....they can't.

dont dk's get some ridiculous obliterate crits upwards of like 90k+ ?
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#23 Mity

Mity
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • LocationOKC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

i think they should make it like the arcane blast mana cost

if you cast it multiple times in a row, the mana increases each cast

if you cast it once it's fine but if you don't want the mana cost to increase, you have to wait out the timer
@shitixmikesays

#24 Nazhjin

Nazhjin
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bonechewer
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

just take out the useless spell

#25 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Well deserved, anyone who thinks otherwise must be fucking retarded.

Spamming spell steal 24/7 was not okay.

#26 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/1/2/2/.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 28 November 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

Well deserved, anyone who thinks otherwise must be fucking retarded.

Spamming spell steal 24/7 was not okay.

So, because something was not okay, a fix that is stupid and not the correct way to fix the problem, is okay?

I guess.. if you're Blizzard.

#27 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

View PostXandyn, on 28 November 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

So, because something was not okay, a fix that is stupid and not the correct way to fix the problem, is okay?

Well deserved nerf

Scumbag mages
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#28 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

View PostXandyn, on 28 November 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

Yes, because this was exactly the right way to do it. Offensive dispels should cost a fuckload and be really worth it, before doing it. You have been stripping everyone clean for the last 2 years.

You're a DPS class, you shouldn't even have an offensive dispel.

Edited by averagepriestz, 28 November 2012 - 10:40 PM.

#29 Flöt

Flöt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Good nerf.

#30 Remade

Remade
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/0/2/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 1440
  • RBG: 576

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

View PostMity, on 28 November 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

i think they should make it like the arcane blast mana cost

if you cast it multiple times in a row, the mana increases each cast

if you cast it once it's fine but if you don't want the mana cost to increase, you have to wait out the timer

Wow that's is one of the best ideas I have heard. It means they still have the utility however they need to make a smart decision as to when and how much to use it. Maybe a 15 secs stack duration with the mana cost doubling each time - EG: 7% - 14% - 28% etc etc

View Postaveragepriestz, on 28 November 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

Yes, because this was exactly the right way to do it. Offensive dispels should cost a fuckload and be really worth it, before doing it. You have been stripping everyone clean for the last 2 years.

I disagree with this, while I play resto druid atm, I feel spell steal is an important part of mage play. While lately it has been over the top, the nerf is too much. I think an idea like what Mity said would be best.

Edited by Remade, 28 November 2012 - 10:53 PM.

#31 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

Important play of the Mage play? Mages being the only class who could steal BoP, Hots, Wings, Freedoms, Dark Soul and other bullshit effects?

You litterally had to play without your CD's or cancel them within a few seconds yourself vs. it. It has been extremly overpowered, and Mages have been abusing it since day 1.

Maybe it would be nice to see the game balanced around not spell stealing everything. Shielding your mate? Np, Im stealing that.

#32 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/1/2/2/.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 28 November 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

you know I don't know what's up with you, you're either a retarded troll or have no clue about the game, I'd say the second

First of all, where is it written that a DPS can't have an offensive dispel? Especially something with such interesting mechanics like spell-steal, believe it or not (you probably won't, because you don't play a mage), spell steal contributes to a lot of fun when playing a Mage. (that's before when it was spammable as fuck)

Yes! Let homogenize everything to fuck, so we can have every class, with same abilities, doing same amount of damage, and no special stuff whatsoever, right? Lets nerf the mage skill-cap as much as possible? And then, next, lets get on AJ to cry how the game got boring?

Spell steal should have been reworked to have a cooldown of 20 seconds - 1 minute, and they should have given PRIORITIES to spell steal, to dispel buffs that highly benefit mage first, aka dark soul, freedom, bop, etc., or get rid of any trash buffs whatsoever in the game

that way it would promote reaction times to dispel the said buffs fast, but no, let's put some retarded mana cost, so the mage can go kill himself dispelling useless shit when a paladin pops freedom. because that's healthy for the game, like the mastermind Felic pointed out, right?

I'm just glad people like you aren't the game designers.. oh wait.. They are. Pathetic. Anyone who promotes this change is an absolute moron, or biased as fuck. Yes spellsteal needed a change, but not a change like this, this is not a good change.

p.s. i'm not mad, just hilarious to see how all these 'smart' asses insult blizzard for making dumb changes, yet they promote changes that are even more hilarious

Edited by Xandyn, 29 November 2012 - 12:12 AM.

#33 hoodrych

hoodrych
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

They should have made all offensive dispels have a short (4 second?) cool down. This change fixed obnoxious spam spell stealing but makes Mages feel like they can't use the ability almost ever, which kind of sucks.

This change was done because it was easier to adjust a mana value rather than balance the ability.

#34 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

View PostXandyn, on 29 November 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

you know I don't know what's up with you, you're either a retarded troll or have no clue about the game, I'd say the second

First of all, where is it written that a DPS can't have an offensive dispel? Especially something with such interesting mechanics like spell-steal, believe it or not (you probably won't, because you don't play a mage), spell steal contributes to a lot of fun when playing a Mage. (that's before when it was spammable as fuck)

Yes! Let homogenize everything to fuck, so we can have every class, with same abilities, doing same amount of damage, and no special stuff whatsoever, right? Lets nerf the mage skill-cap as much as possible? And then, next, lets get on AJ to cry how the game got boring?

Spell steal should have been reworked to have a cooldown of 20 seconds - 1 minute, and they should have given PRIORITIES to spell steal, to dispel buffs that highly benefit mage first, aka dark soul, freedom, bop, etc., or get rid of any trash buffs whatsoever in the game

that way it would promote reaction times to dispel the said buffs fast, but no, let's put some retarded mana cost, so the mage can go kill himself dispelling useless shit when a paladin pops freedom. because that's healthy for the game, like the mastermind Felic pointed out, right?

I'm just glad people like you aren't the game designers.. oh wait.. They are. Pathetic. Anyone who promotes this change is an absolute moron, or biased as fuck. Yes spellsteal needed a change, but not a change like this, this is not a good change.

p.s. i'm not mad, just hilarious to see how all these 'smart' asses insult blizzard for making dumb changes, yet they promote changes that are even more hilarious

Well I'm sure u can forge ghost crawlers I.d. and get it fixt.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#35 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

Xandyn what is the difference between a 1 minute cd and it costing 21% mana?

Yeah, let's give it a priority based system, so it always takes off wings and dark soul first so the Mage can have some fun using a no CD spell to gain a 2 minute CD spell.

rofl.

P.s. I was playing this game before you knew how to fake titles, so don't even go there.

#36 Raystigz

Raystigz
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 959
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

good things wings and dark soul can be purged.

they should have just fixed mages mana, do you know how many times i've had to use a mana gem this expansion? 0 times
twitch.tv/Raystigz stream maybe someday i'll start using it again

#37 Zander

Zander
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/2/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

View Postkannetixx, on 28 November 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

dont dk's get some ridiculous obliterate crits upwards of like 90k+ ?
100k vs you mages is very common

#38 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

The 21% mana is to damn high of a cost. I really think spell steal & purge should have a CD and the mana cost be the same I mean it's pretty bad that shamans get 2 purges for the price of 1. Getting sac off is so awful right now and trying to steal innervate from a resto druid is a fucking nightmare on top of can't take earth shield/demon soul off so |: either reduce the mana cost to what purge is or put purge/SS on a CD with high mana cost like the 21% it is or just remove the fucking spell.

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#39 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

View PostRaystigz, on 29 November 2012 - 01:31 AM, said:

good things wings and dark soul can be purged.

they should have just fixed mages mana, do you know how many times i've had to use a mana gem this expansion? 0 times

They could for so many years. Point is, spell steal has been overpowered for so long.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

Overnerf tbh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<