• Curse Sites
Help

Any1 else thinks that the spellsteal nerf shouldnt be like that?

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

View PostXandyn, on 29 November 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

Yes, see and that's what a normal poster would do. Agree, because it's common sense that this is a bad change. It is a good spell to change, but not the good way to change it.

So many things could have been done;
1. Spell removed
2. Cooldown given
3. Mana cost increased but not to 63,000
4. Arcane Blast type of mechanic

Instead they do the worst, give some retarded mana cost, therefore promoting insane amount of RNG, mages will still get important spells of in first steal, but the luckier ones will do. Why do you want RNG and 0 skill mechanics in the game? lol. this change just makes the game worse in general, maybe better from your pov, but certainly not from other players pov. so yes you're biased felic

i agree, the 63k mana change is lolwuut when your trying to get bop off with steal ;< atleast mana shield is gone, no more mana drain on dmg taken

#122 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

View PostXandyn, on 30 November 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

I know how you look too, like a fat nerdy cunt with severe brain damage. You perfectly portray that too. I didn't drop out of high school, I have higher education than you do. I have a job in real life that pays more than your entire family chain and you including earn (inb4 you say scamming, funny.) Thank you though.

I don't even know where to begin. Perhaps you could tell me what you're currently studying? When the last time you surfed or did any outdoor activity like tennis, or go to the gym? What kind of work your family is in?

It seems rather harsh to asume all of this at the same time! You're not even in university as 15 years, are you? And as far as I know, minimum wage for someone below the legal age is lower than it is here in Denmark, so I highly doubt you're that rich from delivering papers around.

You have some major epeen issues, like really. But that became pretty apperent in the "Hydra hacked Xandyn faked ID" thread. Fuck, have you ever taken an IQ test I wonder?

#123 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

View PostDerpin, on 30 November 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

Back on topic, I think that spellsteal was a big reason why healing monks are not even seen in arena. If you have tried to play a mistweaver monk in arena all of your heals and a few of your major CDs are dispellable and they are almost always instantly dispelled whenever you put them up.  There rarely is a time where your heals aren't being purged because most teams have a mage or a shaman.  I think after 5.1 we can see monks to be more active in arena, or at least more attempted in arena.  With their heals not being purged they may actually have a chance against some teams, and if they still don't have a chance we can at least find the other less obvious problems with monks.
So when is purge going to cost 1/5th of a Shaman's mana bar?  And icy touch 50RP + 2 frost runes?

If you think offensive dispel is too powerful to be in arenas, then it should be nerfed... but Mages are stupid because they can 100-0 people in a few GCDs, not because of spellsteal.  We got a bunch of survivability nerfs this patch, and actually had our damage buffed for some stupid reason.  If they fix our burst damage we're going to be a broken class.  Instead, we still explode things instantly and ride that to the top... it's stupid

#124 venruki

venruki
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2603

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

spell steal change seems fine to me, i still spam the shit out of it.

just think of our mana bar as our spell steal bar.

at first i thought the change was a really bad way to deal with spell steal. after playing, i noticed i still always have enough mana to clean most targets before bursting them, just not enough mana to maintain full druid hots on me all game, which is fine.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

View Postvenruki, on 30 November 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

spell steal change seems fine to me, i still spam the shit out of it.

just think of our mana bar as our spell steal bar.

at first i thought the change was a really bad way to deal with spell steal. after playing, i noticed i still always have enough mana to clean most targets before bursting them, just not enough mana to maintain full druid hots on me all game, which is fine.

exactly and this is good, but probly a bad change in the way of a better one to be found/applied. but for now its pretty much game, and if you run oom seeing you cant evne do ice lances, use the mana gem, thats why its there!

#126 Ermurazorqt

Ermurazorqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

Spell steal should not be spammable, best nerf would have been 4-5 sec CD on it, most of the time as mage you play with a Shadow priest or Resto shaman anyways that got dispells as well to help you clean the target early on making your spell steal life easier. I really disagree with people claiming a mage you should easily be able to spellsteal a freedom or other cd's.

They should nerf double purge while they are at it as well, it shouldn't be easy to remove a Resto druid's all hots like it is right now. I've always felt that offensive dispell is a iconic Discipline priest ability and now both mages and Shamans have a better offensive dispell which is sad.

#127 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/1/2/2/.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 30 November 2012 - 06:13 AM, said:

It seems rather harsh to asume all of this at the same time! You're not even in university as 15 years, are you?

lol you're funny, you pretend to be this smart guy, but so far there have been approx 5-7 instances of where your reading comprehension skills failed upon you. Like I've said, I am 19 years old. Now go find a life, that doesn't involve stalking me.

#128 angra

angra
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

Fine with the change, with passive regen what it is and incantors ward it doesn't take very long to get your mana back. I think the mana cost is slightly too high, should be about 17-18% rather than 21%, but hardly crippling.

Now they just need to fix purge glyph.

#129 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

:( i just miss being able to use it to drive people crazy with the spell steal sound now.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#130 J_DA

J_DA
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1698

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

In a way I like it because I hated mage v mage spellsteal forever fights when nobody would back down.. However, it's annoying vs non-mage teams where we can't use it as an offensive dispell anymore as we'll be oom before we can dispell the spell we'd like such as BoP or other gamebreaking buffs. I don't fathom how they can change spellsteal but leave double purge as it is? Blizzard logic, I guess...

#131 Coldizzle

Coldizzle
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1245
  • 3v3: 2285
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

its fine for me,
mages can spell steal like 5 in a row if have mana gem cuz there is no mana needed for other things like doing dmg or ccing sigh the mana regem is too high, if you manage your mana at 50k after spellsteals you can still doing dmg and the mana will back fast and you will be able to do it again.
Also mages are always the target and mana shield giving mana is cool
evocation also gives you 60k mana insta if you dont want wait the channeling

#132 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/0/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2263
  • 3v3: 2436
  • 5v5: 1247
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

View Postaffix, on 30 November 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

icy touch 50RP + 2 frost runes?

Last time I checked I couldnt  steal  freedoms shields hots or even dmg modifier buffs and procs with icy touch.
I really dont understand you people here defending mages. 100-0 in a deep, ccs 3 people at same time and you cry about spellsteal mana cost like it matters people still spam it 24/7 only time i see mages doing evo is when they are low on hp
Posted Image

#133 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

View Postsarma, on 04 December 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

Last time I checked I couldnt  steal  freedoms shields hots or even dmg modifier buffs and procs with icy touch.
Most dispels have some sort of significant upside.  Yours is attached to a damage skill you already use, and applies a disease.  Priests can be used offensively/defensively and dispels 2.  Shaman dispels two debuffs and heals.  I don't think the 21% mana cost is justified in this context.  Directly comparing the two abilities doesn't make sense, especially if you're going to completely ignore IT's upsides.

I really dont understand you people here defending mages. 100-0 in a deep, ccs 3 people at same time and you cry about spellsteal mana cost like it matters people still spam it 24/7 only time i see mages doing evo is when they are low on hp
Ah, yes, because if a class is overpowered due to obscene burst, you absolutely cannot defend against nerfs that have nothing to do with the obscene burst.  Spot on logic.

#134 Polizei

Polizei
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

View Postaffix, on 04 December 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

Most dispels have some sort of significant upside.  Yours is attached to a damage skill you already use, and applies a disease.  Priests can be used offensively/defensively and dispels 2.  Shaman dispels two debuffs and heals.  I don't think the 21% mana cost is justified in this context.  Directly comparing the two abilities doesn't make sense, especially if you're going to completely ignore IT's upsides.

Ah, yes, because if a class is overpowered due to obscene burst, you absolutely cannot defend against nerfs that have nothing to do with the obscene burst.  Spot on logic.

Last I checked, the friendly dispel dispels _everything_.
<poliisi mies kerho>

#135 Smokestomp

Smokestomp
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 2359

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Not sure what game you're talking about, Affx.

DKs would rather Howling blast than Icy Touch, its not really something they always use. Its a major glyph also.

Priest only dispels 1 buff offensively.

Shaman can dispel 2 buffs offensively, with major glyph. What heal are you talking about exactly?? Defensive dispel heals with another major glyph that I dont think anyone takes.

These things are more spam-able than spellsteal, yes, so it's a good thing that includes its own benefit of wearing the buff.

Edited by Smokestomp, 04 December 2012 - 09:10 PM.

#136 itsrambo23

itsrambo23
  • Killashock
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/0/1/2/0
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

xandyn's personality is almost as ugly his physical appearance
gobbypls
S - succcess
W - winner
A - alliance4ever
G - gg gd luck next time

#137 Sherpdawerp

Sherpdawerp
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

View Postitsrambo23, on 04 December 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

xandyn's personality is almost as ugly his physical appearance

why do you feel the need to say something like this? trying to comfort yourself about your looks or something?

#138 itsrambo23

itsrambo23
  • Killashock
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/0/1/2/0
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

View PostSherpdawerp, on 04 December 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

why do you feel the need to say something like this? trying to comfort yourself about your looks or something?
i was on page 3
gobbypls
S - succcess
W - winner
A - alliance4ever
G - gg gd luck next time

#139 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

View PostSmokestomp, on 04 December 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

These things are more spam-able than spellsteal, yes, so it's a good thing that includes its own benefit of wearing the buff.
Thanks for the cleanse/purge number corrections, hard to keep up with all the subtleties of different classes.

The above sentence suggests that if spellsteal didn't give the buff to the Mage, but it were affordable to be spammable again, it'd be balanced.  Do you really think that?  I'm pretty sure everybody here would make that trade in a heartbeat.

#140 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

just a quick tip as sometimes i've noticed it has been quite useful for me, if you know you might need to spellsteal more than 5-6 times or so, alter time can be quite useful for getting lots of spellsteals off, and on something like a druid can be just as useful as altering time for extra procs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<