Bootzx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1826

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

This change would have nothing to do with people being Orc or not.  You can use Blood Fury with the trinket and your regular swifty abilities (Avatar, Dark Soul, etc) right now.  Also, removing ~5k str/agi/sp from swifty macros is still a huge deal, even if some small percentage of people do go Orc.  Blood Fury is not nearly as strong as trinket.

I know, but just like human was the FOTM in cata it would give people even more of a reason to go orc than their already is. If you remember back in BC there were few damage percentage increase abilities in the game, the only major one I can think of is death wish, in my opinion those abilities need to be removed or made less potent because the amount of damage capable with them is making this game less about skill and more revolved around ability stacking. But that's just how I feel.

#22 Scratchyo

Scratchyo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/1/.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

since we can now upgrade the on-use trinkets 2 times, the on-use effect will be increased by about 1k too (i think, havent done yet)

this will lead to more stupid burst, blizzard should really decrease pvppower scaling after a certain amount. (30% to a max of 35% with FULL pvppower gems and full upgrades)

#23 Sascatuan

Sascatuan
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/2/2/0/1

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

View Postmethodman2, on 28 November 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

alot of things would help

like deleting demonology because its a gimmicky spec where people from 1800 to 2800 do the same shit and win

Every lock would agree with you, but blizzard doesnt seem to care. Most of us would prefer to be playing affliction but the fact is you're not going to one shot someone with Haunt or dots, with chaos wave i can one shot 2 people at the same time, but i do agree with the change of on use pvp trinkets and maybe just changing them into pure stats instead of pure burst.

Edited by Sascatuan, 29 November 2012 - 11:35 PM.

Posted Image

#24 Bloobungle

Bloobungle
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fire 1/1/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 1785

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

What's preventing a player from popping all of their cooldowns when the RNG +stat trinket procs? I realize the on demand isn't really there but, the overwhelming amount of +DMG modifiers isn't really solved.

I like where you are going though. A similar lockout to engineering gloves and on use trinkets should be looked at.

#25 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2365

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

View PostBloobungle, on 29 November 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

What's preventing a player from popping all of their cooldowns when the RNG +stat trinket procs? I realize the on demand isn't really there but, the overwhelming amount of +DMG modifiers isn't really solved.

I like where you are going though. A similar lockout to engineering gloves and on use trinkets should be looked at.

Ideally I want the proc trinket gone as well, but I feel like I'm already asking for too much.  :)  Plus the proc trinket just isn't as powerful as the on-use.

I'd like to see everyone using the CC-break trinket combined with a Battlemaster.  A Battlemaster makes so much more sense for me in a PvP environment, instead of basically taking a PvE trinket and putting it in PvP (like the on-use-damage trinket).  Not sure what to do for humans.

Actually, in a perfect world, everyone would use the CC-break trinket with some type of class-specific PvP trinket, which they could use to tweak specs in PvP.  Imagine if there was an Affliction Warlock trinket that doubled (or whatever is balanced) your DoT damage in PvP areas, but made it so you couldn't Soul Burn Soul Swap dots.  They could use this trinket like PvP power as something to tweak specs for PvP without affecting PvE.

Edited by Nadagast, 30 November 2012 - 12:15 AM.

#26 majorblood

majorblood
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2202

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

These ideas sound great. I hate being a 2 minute wonder.

#27 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

View PostZilea, on 28 November 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

my first thought to this would be it would ruin mages as it seems most of their kills come from trinket use + icy veins + etc on a deep freeze/frostbomb combo

also, the people complaining about demo in this thread probably aren't aware yet but demo is dead from the patch. (there were also hotfixes that made them even worse including -10% dmg on aura instead of 20%, range cut from 40 yards to 20 yards on aura, demonic fury cost tripled, etc)

UPDATE LOOK AT MY NEW PROFILE PIC :D

Your profile picture is quite wonderful.

#28 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

View Postmajorblood, on 30 November 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

These ideas sound great. I hate being a 2 minute wonder.

Thanks, I think it's almost unanimous among Warlocks that we hate the playstyle MoP has given us.  I want WotLK Affliction back!

#29 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

View PostNadagast, on 02 December 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

Thanks, I think it's almost unanimous among Warlocks that we hate the playstyle MoP has given us.  I want WotLK Affliction back!

i think so many classes want wotlk playstyle back :(

rip wotlk

#30 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 03 December 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

rip wotlk

:[

#31 Shiqra

Shiqra
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kult der Verdammten
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/0/1/0/.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

arena-tournament.com
:)

#32 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/1/2/1/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

Would help with cooldown stacking and certain burst.

Remove on use and proc from the pvp trinkets, compensate with static primary stats. disable any proc/on use that gives damage/primary/secondary stats from PvE from working in the arena (from a coding PoV i guess just blanket remove all procs/on use from working in arena and making pvp trinket and battlemasters the exceptions)

They can't really up resilience scaling (or give us another way to obtain a large amount of it) but they could easilly add a 5-10% damage nerf to arena the same way they added a healing nerf.

Maybe add a %hp buff (or just a flat health increase) after tweaking the above to improve gameplay a little.

I'd settle for just the removal of cd stacking if they reduced the ease at landing and applying instant cc, but thats quite a big job.

Edited by Korzul, 05 December 2012 - 04:00 AM.

#33 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 03 December 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

rip wotlk

+1 class for Wotlk style. Focus literally made me unsub and I haven't come back.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#34 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

Another way to fix the current burst from on use trinkets would be to have some kind of ramp up.

Example:  Using badge of dominance increases spell damage by 1,000 every 5 sec for 20 sec.  

So you get 1,000 spell power when you pop it, and have 4,000 spell power 15-20 sec into the CD.  This ramp up would give opponents more time to prepare for the burst.  Current state, if you wait for procs (tfb, starsurge procs), pop on use trinket and use those procs there is not enough time to react.

#35 kmaclol

kmaclol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1739
  • 3v3: 1493
  • RBG: 384

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

'Nad'stradamus