#4 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

Yeah it's only like 6 minutes (12 if you watch my link he posted) to actually present a really cool perspective.  Never really thought about it, but teetering between 0 / 1 civilization is all really interesting, frightening and impressive to think about.

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#5 Breadstic

Breadstic
  • Meebz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Malfurion
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/1/1/0/0
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

nice dude

#6 Slashgiggle

Slashgiggle
  • LocationHome of the Brave

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

Dias I don't approve of your new avatar
Fernando Torres, Lord of Football

#7 Breadstic

Breadstic
  • Meebz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Malfurion
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/1/1/0/0
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

whos dias

#8 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

The dude thinks we will be able to control weather, volcanoes, and earthquakes in 100years...  Dunno if I agree with that, at all.  Interesting nonetheless.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#9 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

Imagine what we can do today that I'm sure people in 1912 never thought we would be able to do

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#10 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

i live on swag fuck energy
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#11 miloMonkey

miloMonkey
  • Members
  • Locationgermany

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

If you take a look at the human culture we are way younger than our planet. Compared to the length of existence of the earth the human age is a little tiny dot. Chances are that other civilizations just got smashed by an meteorite or were sucked in by a black hole and thus are already extinct or have yet to evolute. That does not negate the possibility of other intelligent species  out there, though.

And yea, cool vid. But also kinda alarming to our society since the given theory makes sense :P

#12 miloMonkey

miloMonkey
  • Members
  • Locationgermany

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

Man we really gotta make it to type 1 :S sucks to be born too early, but then you also have to make the best out of your situation I guess.

#13 Nejim_Beshraavi

Nejim_Beshraavi
  • Members
  • LocationBetelgeuse

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostmiloMonkey, on 28 November 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

If you take a look at the human culture we are way younger than our planet. Compared to the length of existence of the earth the human age is a little tiny dot.

if you would but the evolution of our planet on a standard clock with twelve hours, the human race began it's life 5min before twelve.

View PostmiloMonkey, on 28 November 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

Chances are that other civilizations just got smashed by an meteorite or were sucked in by a black hole and thus are already extinct or have yet to evolute. That does not negate the possibility of other intelligent species  out there, though.

actually no, to be sucked in by a black hole takes billions of years, enough time to evolve for a civilization and maybe escape from the planet. the meteorite part is a thing that can happen random so that might be a thing that extinguished a civilization.
Posted Image

#14 miloMonkey

miloMonkey
  • Members
  • Locationgermany

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostAbularfia, on 28 November 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

actually no, to be sucked in by a black hole takes billions of years, enough time to evolve for a civilization and maybe escape from the planet. the meteorite part is a thing that can happen random so that might be a thing that extinguished a civilization.

Okay I gotta give you that point, I'm not too much into the scene to know how black holes work exactly. But there's still the chance of stars dying and all the other shit that could happen in space.

#15 Nejim_Beshraavi

Nejim_Beshraavi
  • Members
  • LocationBetelgeuse

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

ok i finally watched the original vid. those things he expresses is pretty much half-baked knowledge.

if we finally discover how the process of fusion works, we would have unlimited energy up to infinity.
and in order to control fusion there are two diffrent ways first the process that goes on in the sun (extreme temprature and extreme pressure), they are currently working on that fusion process (look up ITER-reactor if you're interested) and there is the thing called cold fusion, very controversial wheter it works, but the arguments are very solid that it should actually work.
now if we finally get the power/knowledge to the fusion process we would have unlimited energy to anything we want, we wouldn't need nuclear reactor nor wind nor solar energy.
those thing the russian talked about those type of planets is bullshit because it is so unnecessary.

and there reason why we don't see alien lifeforms or why the don't come to us is really simple. it's because when you look at our solar neibors there is nothing going on in our part of the universe. no new stars come up nor is nothing being sucked up in black holes. it'S like you are the alien and have the opportunity to go either into a big city whit many shit going on or you can go into the country side where cows are  grassing and shit, of course you choose the city. also a study has shown that geniuses are always happy and not cruel. so when there are highly intelligent aliens out there looking for other species of life in the universe they are friendly and want to communicate not destroy the planet or put its citizens into slavery just like you read it in scifi books or smth.
Posted Image

#16 Shaylá

Shaylá
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents:

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostAbularfia, on 28 November 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

also a study has shown that geniuses are always happy and not cruel. so when there are highly intelligent aliens out there looking for other species of life in the universe they are friendly and want to communicate not destroy the planet or put its citizens into slavery just like you read it in scifi books or smth.

I want to see that study, I really do. Especially because I'm a hundred percent sure that people with a higher IQ more often have severe depressions or symptoms of depression than those with lower IQ.

Edit: 'However, a number of people have noted a higher incidence of existential depression, which is depression due to seemingly highly abstract concerns such as the finality of death, the ultimate unimportance of individual people, and the meaning (or lack thereof) of life. Gifted individuals are also more likely to feel existential anxiety.[39]'

Source: http://en.wikipedia....tual_giftedness

#17 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

You can make a lot of energy just w/human bodies.

Posted Image
Ghost of the white faced clown

#18 Matisse

Matisse
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

View PostAbularfia, on 28 November 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

if we finally discover how the process of fusion works

We know how fusion works; I think you meant that we need to learn how to reach breakeven.

Posted Image

View PostBreadstick, on 07 September 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

some pickles are really good

#19 Kakio

Kakio
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Protection
  • LocationNorway ^^,

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

I hope we dont get wiped out by a meteor or some shit. That would blow.

Hope we go out in a massive battle vs zombies/robots that we created. Would definetly be cooler to get wiped out like that.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#20 Matisse

Matisse
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostKakio, on 28 November 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

I hope we dont get wiped out by a meteor or some shit. That would blow.

We'd pretty much know if that the was the case (at least for the near future).

Posted Image

View PostBreadstick, on 07 September 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

some pickles are really good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<