• Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 957
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Hello everyone

My name is Cartoonz, and I recently posted a video on an idea I've had over a " Ranked solo queue arena" style of play. I'd love to share this with you and possibly have you show some support to get an answer from Blizz regarding the idea.

Enjoy!

#2 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

how about no

#3 hypermode_4274975

hypermode_4274975
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2309

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

1. Your a mage, 1v1 will never be balanced, and a huge amount of people playing this will be mages
2. Blizzard has said time and time again (hell even less then a month ago) that they will not do it because its impossible to balance
3. Being paired up with random people on something ranked is NOT GOOD espec since alot of people in wow are pretty bad at the game
4. MOBA games having a solo queue only works because people can pick a specific class, if your randomly stuck with a class that you donot synergise with, your going to be screwed
5. The moment you started making videos with swifty you kind of invalidated all your ideas

#4 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

Cool concept, i'd be worried about griefers/ragers though. What if the people you get grouped with people who don't like you, don't like your class, don't like the enemy players comp etc? What if they people you are playing with are on alts and don't care about their rating and keep leaving games, or are less inclined to play a game if it lasts 2-3 minutes?

I guess the same could be said for LoL and games that use the solo queue system.

edit: To all the people who will only read the title of the video: he isn't saying anything about 1v1.

He's talking about being able to queue by yourself for 3v3 arena. You could queue as DPS or healer and then 2 teams of 2 dps 1 healer could be made.

Edited by Snuggli, 26 November 2012 - 10:01 PM.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#5 zier123

zier123
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

View Posthypermode_4274975, on 26 November 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

1. Your a mage, 1v1 will never be balanced, and a huge amount of people playing this will be mages
2. Blizzard has said time and time again (hell even less then a month ago) that they will not do it because its impossible to balance
3. Being paired up with random people on something ranked is NOT GOOD espec since alot of people in wow are pretty bad at the game
4. MOBA games having a solo queue only works because people can pick a specific class, if your randomly stuck with a class that you donot synergise with, your going to be screwed
5. The moment you started making videos with swifty you kind of invalidated all your ideas

he didnt mention it being a 1v1 game at any point , did u even listen to him

#6 Draakex

Draakex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 1149
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

what about the communication? you can't just type into chat in the middle of the game like in other games or use voice-chat with the randoms. blizzard would need to implement such a feature (it's already there, i know, but never got it working) before this makes sense. however, good idea.

Posted Image

#7 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

I like it

#8 Healingstat

Healingstat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/0/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2490

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

if you actually watch the video, its a pretty cool idea, often looking for stuff to do instead of sitting in elwynn, and they could give some cool meta items / titles for rewards

#9 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2315
  • 3v3: 2744
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

You could add it for fun, skirmishes used to be good to test/get used too new binds etc.

Once you make it an actual bracket though you run into huge problems:

1) No communication - In the current state you need to use cooldowns or peels instantly to stop yourself getting gibbed in mere seconds.  Voice communication is the only thing fast enough to alert your team mates to do this. Communication being pretty much KEY to arena success now, making a bracket because you can't be bothered talking to other people seems silly. If people DID use the in game voice shizzle, i'd reckon the number of complaints from abuse would skyrocket (imagine if you could talk to the people you lfr with).

2) Useless comps - Would you have a set number of comps that are possible or will be see randomly thrown together comps that have a huge disadvantage. There's plenty of specs that are only viable in very specific comps. Inc rogue/ele/monk teams that stand no chance of winning?

3) Cheating - People would try to manipulate the queue so they got in with their proper partners. Tons more people would simply not care about the bracket and troll/wintrade etc.

4) Randoms - We all know how horrible LFR is player wise. Half the people can't be bothered and afk, most of the others are useless etc. The bottom of this new bracket would be so horrible no-one would queue seriously. Once the bottom falls out the system collapses or becomes corrupt.

5) Derping - It takes practice with a comp to counter some of the derpier tactics "Ima run in and pop everything because it's super effective". Any class with instant on demand huge burst (warriors/mage openers) etc would have a much easier time than those who have to coordinate and survive the shitstorm of cooldowns coming their way.
It's so much easier to say "Ima pop everything on x right at the start" than it is to coordinate stopping it.
Doing this without voice communication would be sad.

6) Macros - For anyone who has names in their macros (thankfully i don't), changing them all for random people every game would get old fast.

#10 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

^ Exactly what Korzul said,

Communication is soo important now to survive insane Cds.

I like to use the "drunk just tryin to cap 2s" test.  In Cata you could easily hit 2k without vent/skype.  Mop?  It's tough hitting 1800 on competitive BGs without voice communication.  Wasting valuable trinkets + CDs would be game changing.  

Sadly the most viable comps would consist of 3xdps since all the communication you would need would be:

/p  Kill sham

#11 Krigoz

Krigoz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2727

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image