Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Good Albums you would recommend to other OT's


  • Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Nejim_Beshraavi

Nejim_Beshraavi
  • Members
  • Posts: 1974
  • LocationBetelgeuse

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

Just like the movie thread post your albums that you find good and worth sharing with others. Feel free to add some your sputnikmusic-albums.

I'm gonna start with this one:


Pooma-Persuader

Posted Image

Accoustic-Experimental, there isn't rly a term for their music, just have a listen:



Discovered it a few years back after i got interested by the cover.
Music that is perfect for this kind of season. If you live in the northern hemisphere ;)
Posted Image

#2 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members
  • Posts: 8409

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

http://www.sputnikmu...memberid=442300

those lists with an ace thingie behind their name got featured by the page so they're probably the best
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#3 Shaylá

Shaylá
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 5348
  • Talents:

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

I still can't believe you rate bland house music higher than one of eno's greatest works, but it's great to see someone else being into Attack On Memory. It's definitely in my top 10 of this year.

My contender is Popol Vuh - Hosianna Mantra

This is a sample:



It's ethereal neoclassical/ambient music. Also features one of the first Synthesizers ever created. The band composed tracks for Werner Herzogs movies, most famous of these are probably Aguirre - The Wrath of God and Nosferatu.

#4 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Posts: 5376
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

cant imagine a more boring thread
Posted Image

#5 Shaylá

Shaylá
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 5348
  • Talents:

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

Lets rather make a 'Hottest Drag Queens' and 'Transgender Porn you'd recommend to OThers' thread

#6 Vexzor

Vexzor
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 176
  • Talents: Assassination 0/0/2/1/0/.
  • LocationManhattan, NY

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

mmmmmmmmmmmm  gotem

#7 Nejim_Beshraavi

Nejim_Beshraavi
  • Members
  • Posts: 1974
  • LocationBetelgeuse

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostReliuna, on 26 November 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

cant imagine a more boring thread



Good wallpapers you'd recommend to OThers

Started by Reliuna, Today, 05:15 PM

Posted Image

#8 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Posts: 5376
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

ye i was wrong, i was able to imagine one thread more boring than this one : )
Posted Image

#9 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members
  • Posts: 8409

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostShaylá, on 26 November 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

I still can't believe you rate bland house music higher than one of eno's greatest works

>bland
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#10 Kawklee

Kawklee
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 3166
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Posted Image

probably my favorite jazz album. That being said, I prefer Latin Jazz to the various American styles.

The album starts strong, the tumbadoras coming through strong, brilliant horns opening things off brightly. The album is produced and mixed very well with a good balance between the rhythm and melody sections

The album keeps a very high tempo but paces itself well with slowdown songs sitting comfortably between the moderate/high tempo tracks

Basically, an album you can listen to over and over again. Great for lounging, cooking, or when you have company over.

#11 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 7010
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

View PostShaylá, on 26 November 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Lets rather make a 'Hottest Drag Queens' and 'Transgender Porn you'd recommend to OThers' thread

fuck off

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes


Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#12 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Posts: 11197
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

jizue - bookshelf

http://www.youtube.c...94DDF194A46EF5F

it's so good, guys

so good
Posted Image

#13 Shaylá

Shaylá
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 5348
  • Talents:

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 26 November 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

fuck off

what is irony


View PostKawklee, on 26 November 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

probably my favorite jazz album. That being said, I prefer Latin Jazz to the various American styles.

The album starts strong, the tumbadoras coming through strong, brilliant horns opening things off brightly. The album is produced and mixed very well with a good balance between the rhythm and melody sections

The album keeps a very high tempo but paces itself well with slowdown songs sitting comfortably between the moderate/high tempo tracks

Basically, an album you can listen to over and over again. Great for lounging, cooking, or when you have company over.

got a sample perhaps?


View PostBreadstick, on 26 November 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

jizue - bookshelf


it's so good, guys

so good

I like it

#14 Nejim_Beshraavi

Nejim_Beshraavi
  • Members
  • Posts: 1974
  • LocationBetelgeuse

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

I had this little baby lying around on my ipod for about half a year now and finally came to listen to it:

Austra - Feel it break

Posted Image

Great stuff, a mixture of folk singing and standard electro pop whose balance changes from song to song.



Here is a sample:


Posted Image

#15 Shaylá

Shaylá
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 5348
  • Talents:

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

If you're european watch this by any means:

http://www.arte.tv/d...mC=7059300.html

Features british rapper Ghostpoet and the biggest Trip Hop producer there is

#16 Kawklee

Kawklee
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 3166
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

View PostShaylá, on 27 November 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:


got a sample perhaps?


https://www.youtube....h?v=E4IuQmhbhO0

https://www.youtube....h?v=9Q9WAVx54e8

https://www.youtube....h?v=_pUDvhYBmcc

Anda is high energy, but the other two are some of the quieter pieces (all I could find on Youtube.)

The beauty of Latin Jazz is its structure through seemingly unstructured punctuation of rhythm or melody. Listen to different parts separately  it almost seems at random. Piano will come in for barely a bar or two, then go out. Each rhythm instrument, taken on its own, seems to hit at random times, but when its all layered together it comes together in a wonderful clave beat. The improvisation is top-notch, but all the songs retain a recognizable chorus to bring things back and 'refresh'. I think its one of the most intricately layered and enjoyable types of music to listen to if you have the ear for it.

#17 Nejim_Beshraavi

Nejim_Beshraavi
  • Members
  • Posts: 1974
  • LocationBetelgeuse

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostKawklee, on 27 November 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

https://www.youtube....h?v=E4IuQmhbhO0

https://www.youtube....h?v=9Q9WAVx54e8

https://www.youtube....h?v=_pUDvhYBmcc

Anda is high energy, but the other two are some of the quieter pieces (all I could find on Youtube.)

The beauty of Latin Jazz is its structure through seemingly unstructured punctuation of rhythm or melody. Listen to different parts separately  it almost seems at random. Piano will come in for barely a bar or two, then go out. Each rhythm instrument, taken on its own, seems to hit at random times, but when its all layered together it comes together in a wonderful clave beat. The improvisation is top-notch, but all the songs retain a recognizable chorus to bring things back and 'refresh'. I think its one of the most intricately layered and enjoyable types of music to listen to if you have the ear for it.

you have a dl-linmk for your album, i couldn't find it anywhere.
Posted Image

#18 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members
  • Posts: 10409

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

everything by this guy
Posted Image

#19 Kawklee

Kawklee
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 3166
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

View PostAbularfia, on 27 November 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

you have a dl-linmk for your album, i couldn't find it anywhere.

go get spotify or something or whatever

#20 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members
  • Posts: 8409

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

http://rapidshare.co.../BVBra18410.rar
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<