Has anyone tried arcane in arenas (not RBG)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jentry

Jentry
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackwater Raiders
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

Has anyone tried arcane in arenas?

I haven't, but looking at some of the additional tools mages have in MoP, I'm wondering if it is more viable than it has been in the past.  Shatters, frostjaw or ring of frost, frostbomb+fireblast plus some of the burstiness of the past year's skills may be worth considering.  I know getting trained will still be a pain in the ass, but we have some new tools like alter time, ice barrier, cold snapping frost nova / ice block plus the signature slow.  Also, dispelling isn't as strong as it used to be...

Check it out- I'm just curious.  This post could get ugly from the people who hate the spec. I've never tried it and am simply asking if anyone has.  Thanks!

Edited by Jentry, 26 November 2012 - 06:27 AM.

#2 Deyzx

Deyzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/0/1/0/2
  • RBG: 384

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

abni is doin pretty good as arcane 10-0 in 2v2 combat

#3 Numbtoes

Numbtoes
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:06 AM

The burst is really strong as arcane, but it is the result of getting 4+ stacks and 2 arcane missles with frostbomb into a deepfreeze. In duels i have managed to do around 400-500k damage in a ring deep combo. Mastery makes the damage a little bit more consistent, because you can get 90k+frost bombs on non frozen targets. The only problem is building arcane charges. Also getting trained shuts down almost all of your damage because you can't cast and arcane barrage does very little damage without a high number of arcane charges. The slow does not compensate for the loss of a dragon's breath/pet nova. I guess what i'm saying is that the damage as arcane is really good, but it's hard to get off and the survivablity is lower than the other two specs. Fun spec for bg's :).

#4 Numbtoes

Numbtoes
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

The spell steal nerf didnt affect arcane mages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<