Is this laptop appropriate for High settings on WoW?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 4rtist

4rtist
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection 2/1/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1819

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

Hey guy a friend of mine wants to sell me his brand new laptop, its this samsung:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834131323

I'm gonna pick up another 4 gigs of ram to bump it up to 8...

What kind of settings should I be able to play at with at least 30+ fps in relatively busy zones?

Also, would overclocking the cpu do anything significant? I'm not really sure if there's a "limiting factor" for computers, i.e. overclocking wont do anything since the GPU is already running at full capacity...

Thanks!

#2 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

Low, maybe, and even then 30 fps might be a bit much.  See if you can find benchmarks.  Overclocking a laptop is not a great idea.  Buying anything with an AMD processor for gaming is not a great idea.
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#3 4rtist

4rtist
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection 2/1/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1819

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

Hmm ya I'm hoping to play at least on medium/high settings...

I found benchmark tests here:

http://www.notebookc...0G.55734.0.html

at the bottom theres world of warcraft at 50 fps on medium but hasn't the requirements for WoW been beefed up considerably since its first release?

Thanks for you reply btw...I'll probably just shell out more money for an i5 laptop.

#4 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

The GPU is not your concern, it's the CPU.  Wow doesn't need shit for gpu power.  Check benchmarks on the CPU.

Also a comparably performing intel laptop should be the same price or cheaper - intel CPUs are more powerful and cheaper now (so much so that AMD is giving up on competing with intel on performance & price/performance for those kinds of chips).

(Now if you want to play a game other than Wow / D3 / SC2 / etc, things can change)
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#5 Dahone

Dahone
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1360
  • LocationQuebec Canada

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

1366x768 I'm pretty sure you can run it with   45-50fps  in med but never  over 30fps  on high If you are even able to be over 15fps in main city/raid  you are lucky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<