• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mal'Ganis
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1771
  • 3v3: 1777
  • RBG: 576

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

So what i like to know is, which pets do you choose for which comp, do you prefer glyph of stampede or not and most important - why do you pick them.

#2 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

2 min crit buff, 2 min 10% attspeed, armor reduction 12%, 1 cunning spirit beast, 1 fero spirit beast.

Why?

1 fero spirit beast if i know the other team is killing my pet, so i need the insta summon, or cleaving my pet ( demo lock / dk / mages) so mostly i have this pet uptime 95%

1 cunning spirit beast, for when i need to swap pet to self-heal and if i had to do 1v1 / 1v2 in arena i need x2 spirit beasts to heal much, or give sac to someone if that is the only peel i can provide.

buffs cus i don't use stampede glyph in 3s, the extra dps it provides is insanely good specially that i run KFC.
Posted Image

#3 Polizei

Polizei
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

Take the most annoying one with that AoE????? Lullaby sleep shit. No clue whetever it is AoE or not, but it is a 3 second CC with no way of dispelling it.
<poliisi mies kerho>

#4 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

View PostPolizei, on 26 November 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

Take the most annoying one with that AoE????? Lullaby sleep shit. No clue whetever it is AoE or not, but it is a 3 second CC with no way of dispelling it.

Tremor totem becuase it is a sleep (but is on stun dr)

Edited by Jokerplex, 26 November 2012 - 11:37 AM.

#5 DeArHeLL

DeArHeLL
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 1703

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

View Postidevpro, on 26 November 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

2 min crit buff, 2 min 10% attspeed, armor reduction 12%, 1 cunning spirit beast, 1 fero spirit beast.

Why?

1 fero spirit beast if i know the other team is killing my pet, so i need the insta summon, or cleaving my pet ( demo lock / dk / mages) so mostly i have this pet uptime 95%

1 cunning spirit beast, for when i need to swap pet to self-heal and if i had to do 1v1 / 1v2 in arena i need x2 spirit beasts to heal much, or give sac to someone if that is the only peel i can provide.

buffs cus i don't use stampede glyph in 3s, the extra dps it provides is insanely good specially that i run KFC.
which pet gives 12% armor reduction?

#6 schnoobins

schnoobins
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/0/0/1/1

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

raptors and tallstriders. the raptor version only affects the target and it takes 18 seconds to stack up. the tallstrider one takes 1 minute and 15 seconds to stack but it's an AoE ability

#7 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

mine doesn't stack, tallstriders apply 12% armor debuff right away, for 30 sec, aoe.
Posted Image

#8 Devion87

Devion87
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mal'Ganis
  • Blutdurst

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

I thought about getting 5 cunning pets because of bullheaded, its kind of a get out of jail free card. most of the time when i pull stampede all pets get cced and do jack shit.

#9 schnoobins

schnoobins
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/0/0/1/1

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

oh. I just assumed that they stack. says 4% (stacks three times) on the site I checked. also says that dragonhawks and wind serpents increase magic damage taken by 8% even though it's 5%. guess it's outdated

#10 Cocoapuffs

Cocoapuffs
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1497
  • 3v3: 2126
  • RBG: 960

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

View PostDevion87, on 26 November 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

I thought about getting 5 cunning pets because of bullheaded, its kind of a get out of jail free card. most of the time when i pull stampede all pets get cced and do jack shit.
If you use stampede glyph you only need 1 cunning pet and you'll be able to use bullheaded for every stampede pet assuming you stampede with the cunning pet active. That way you can switch to your other 4 ferocity pets without having to sacrifice gimping your 4 other pets.

#11 Devion87

Devion87
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mal'Ganis
  • Blutdurst

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Yeah but the question here is, is it good? do i want to play with stampede glyph? and why do i want to play with it.
Or do i want to buff my teams dmg in a kill situation even more by debuffing the target or simply having my pets out of the cc and on this target. (i know they can be cced more than 1 time, but most of the time the enemy doesn't cc them another time.)

For example if i want to play with the same 5 pets during stampede - the only option i see would be the Spirit beast, because of its stackable heal. (i dont think i can lullaby on 2 different targets with stampede).
I think a heal is nice, but wouldn't this turn stampede into kind of a defensively used offensive cd, do i want to use a big cd for a defensive move? I'm asking here because i don't know an answer to this.
Taking 5 Spirit Beasts without stampede glyph is not a very good option i think, because you lose the prebuffs.

The next question i have about the above post is: How often do you switch your "main" pet to another one.
For me the time i want to switch a pet is, when i want to reapply a Roar of Sac again or a pet nearly dies and i manage to save it by dismissing it. In that case i have 2 Cunning  pets already because I want 2 seperate sac cds.
And if i just use a hyena to buff, why should it not be cunning, i won't switch to that pet midfight - so it is just out when i pull stampede... and in that case it is more gimped by a single fear than taking cunning as his spec.

I dont see the point of having a - lets say ferocity SP and a cunning SP - if a team wants to kill your pet and managed to do so, it will do it a second time, so why shouldn't I take 30% more runspeed, a 2 min CD that provides 20% less dmg and cornered to prevent its getting killed. If i can't prevent a kill on my pet there is no reason for me to take 8 min cd res because i can not prevent it to be killed a second time. This is a very theoretic thought and of course there a times your pet just dies and you couldnt even react - but lets exclude this here.

These are justs thoughts i don't think they are written rules, and i want some feedback on them, maybe i am a total douche and have no idea what i am talking about, but atleast i want to know that :P

and please excuse my bad english

#12 Cocoapuffs

Cocoapuffs
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1497
  • 3v3: 2126
  • RBG: 960

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

View PostDevion87, on 28 November 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

Yeah but the question here is, is it good? do i want to play with stampede glyph? and why do i want to play with it.
Or do i want to buff my teams dmg in a kill situation even more by debuffing the target or simply having my pets out of the cc and on this target. (i know they can be cced more than 1 time, but most of the time the enemy doesn't cc them another time.)

For example if i want to play with the same 5 pets during stampede - the only option i see would be the Spirit beast, because of its stackable heal. (i dont think i can lullaby on 2 different targets with stampede).
I think a heal is nice, but wouldn't this turn stampede into kind of a defensively used offensive cd, do i want to use a big cd for a defensive move? I'm asking here because i don't know an answer to this.
Taking 5 Spirit Beasts without stampede glyph is not a very good option i think, because you lose the prebuffs.

The next question i have about the above post is: How often do you switch your "main" pet to another one.
For me the time i want to switch a pet is, when i want to reapply a Roar of Sac again or a pet nearly dies and i manage to save it by dismissing it. In that case i have 2 Cunning  pets already because I want 2 seperate sac cds.
And if i just use a hyena to buff, why should it not be cunning, i won't switch to that pet midfight - so it is just out when i pull stampede... and in that case it is more gimped by a single fear than taking cunning as his spec.

I dont see the point of having a - lets say ferocity SP and a cunning SP - if a team wants to kill your pet and managed to do so, it will do it a second time, so why shouldn't I take 30% more runspeed, a 2 min CD that provides 20% less dmg and cornered to prevent its getting killed. If i can't prevent a kill on my pet there is no reason for me to take 8 min cd res because i can not prevent it to be killed a second time. This is a very theoretic thought and of course there a times your pet just dies and you couldnt even react - but lets exclude this here.

These are justs thoughts i don't think they are written rules, and i want some feedback on them, maybe i am a total douche and have no idea what i am talking about, but atleast i want to know that :P

and please excuse my bad english
If you're worried about not having 2 sac's to cycle through, just use 2 cunning pets and 3 ferocity. If you're expecting to have to go defensive keep your cunning out and at any other time just use the ferocity pet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<