#1 vathral

vathral
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

So I know this is a warlock specific bug, but given how much of a big deal is made about chaos wave, I felt the AJ community should know about this since it's going to alter the way some players play by quite a bit.

An MMO-Champion poster (gbtg) discovered this today, and I felt it was necessary to post this on AJ, but currently, if you cast chaos wave on a target (while in meta form), and you LOS the warlock the second the cast is made and it lands on you, it vanishes into thin air and does 0 damage.

Tested this in a duel with a guildie, on a target dummy while messing with my UI to confirm it is indeed the case. All a player has to do now while playing against a demo lock is stand by a pillar. LOS the minute you see the big giant wave, and 0 damage.

Enjoy AJ'ers.

Edited by vathral, 24 November 2012 - 11:45 PM.

#2 Ahlaundoh

Ahlaundoh
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Anetheron
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1990

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

hand of gul'dan bugs too
Posted Image
Posted Image
pve the best

#3 vathral

vathral
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

View PostAhlaundoh, on 24 November 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

hand of gul'dan bugs too

Yeah, Hand of Gul'dan will fall under the same category I'd assume, though I never tried it on the dummies on that spell. I'm almost certain these are the only spells in the game that work this way, but it certainly puts a dent on demonology's ability to be viable. Doesn't break it, just harms it pretty hard.

I'm just merely posting the information here as a re-post from mmo-champion's warlock subforum since I figured demo gets a lot of attention here, and since I have junkies access, it'd get a lot more attention if I posted this here for others to see since it does alter gameplay.

Edited by vathral, 24 November 2012 - 11:55 PM.

#4 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

GOOD NEWS, cya locks, JK blood fear into chaos wave
Posted Image

#5 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

I was wondering why sometimes it doesnt hit for some reason. I guess should use demonic leap at those times.

#6 Vengeânce1296684277

Vengeânce1296684277
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 1789
  • 3v3: 2487
  • 5v5: 2641
  • RBG: 576

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

LoSing chaos wave is pretty widely known, along with the fact that you can BoP it to completely negate the damage.

#7 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

Can't los while feared.

#8 Iniciate

Iniciate
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2055

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

Its not a bug lol the spell deals physical dmg aswell, and u can priest vanish it and such too, people who complain so much about the demo lock right now does not know how to counter it, sure dmg is to high but so is fucking 10000 other shit too and u can counter it, ect NS clone warriors reck, bash trinket or such,
People think everything is the same? spells are built diffrently, thats sayin that if u run outside the ring before mage as landed it, its a bug?

#9 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

View PostIniciate, on 25 November 2012 - 02:42 AM, said:

Its not a bug lol the spell deals physical dmg aswell, and u can priest vanish it and such too, people who complain so much about the demo lock right now does not know how to counter it, sure dmg is to high but so is fucking 10000 other shit too and u can counter it, ect NS clone warriors reck, bash trinket or such,
People think everything is the same? spells are built diffrently, thats sayin that if u run outside the ring before mage as landed it, its a bug?

use trinket on retarded warr fear first global otherwise team mate dies

they swap onto u with shargeshockwave DEAD

DEADEADEADEAED

ED
EA
ED

AE

A

#10 Iniciate

Iniciate
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2055

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

i know that exist too, many games we lost due there is nothing we can do but still 50% of them we can aswell, ect my mage deep warrior spam sheep + ring, sometimes u just die anyway since warriors can pull of 300k in 1 GCD with mortalstrike + heroicstrike, but people seems to complain more then trying to work around it

#11 methodman2

methodman2
  • Mèthøðmåñ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

good. fuck demo warlocks they shud have never been viable in the first place, its a disgrace how easy it is to press 3 buttons and win every game.

#12 drakuru

drakuru
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

View PostIniciate, on 25 November 2012 - 02:42 AM, said:

Some combs dun't have that much cc. It is not always possible to stop this shiat
Posted Image

#13 krewn

krewn
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

just like 5 stack, l2 counter it

:warrior:  :duckers:

#14 Primaris

Primaris
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

View Postvathral, on 24 November 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

So I know this is a warlock specific bug, but given how much of a big deal is made about chaos wave, I felt the AJ community should know about this since it's going to alter the way some players play by quite a bit.

An MMO-Champion poster (gbtg) discovered this today, and I felt it was necessary to post this on AJ, but currently, if you cast chaos wave on a target (while in meta form), and you LOS the warlock the second the cast is made and it lands on you, it vanishes into thin air and does 0 damage.

Tested this in a duel with a guildie, on a target dummy while messing with my UI to confirm it is indeed the case. All a player has to do now while playing against a demo lock is stand by a pillar. LOS the minute you see the big giant wave, and 0 damage.

Enjoy AJ'ers.

Thx fellow AJ'er!

#15 Bonjourhihi

Bonjourhihi
  • Wèntworth
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 583

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

okay :)

Edited by Bonjourhihi, 26 November 2012 - 04:11 AM.

#16 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:16 AM

just wondering but how is that a bug if you are just LOSing? it works the same way starfall works - los it and it does not hit you o.0 or am i missing something here
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#17 Trakke

Trakke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1903

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

http://www.youtube.c...&v=4uWrF2afwtM#

is this the bug you are talking about?
Posted Image