• Wèntworth
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 583

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

it's not about balance, it's about the fun you have when you play, with MoP, you basically have no fun at all when you play.

burst someone every 2mins, ye great gg
getting cc 24/24, yee
easy and really simple gameplay for every class

Edited by Bonjourhihi, 26 November 2012 - 03:08 AM.

#62 slantsix

slantsix
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/0/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2421

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

tnt stun then is the same as rof stun now lololz

#63 Maim

Maim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2166
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

tnt stun was reflectable, so it was pretty fun
Maims
Against
Illegal
Mexicans

#64 Numbtoes

Numbtoes
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

View PostROKMODE, on 25 November 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

Mostly, this is true. There are plenty of abilities that were added in wotlk that were necessary though. Hex was a needed spell at the time as well as lava burst. With the wotlk changes, elemental shamans would not have done any damage without lava burst, nor would they have had any form of cc without hex. Adding spells can be good, but it's extremely reliant on the metagame and whatnot. That's for another thread though.

Rocket boots in arena made s5 too fun. . . if you had them of course
I think an example of a good spell addition would alter time, because it has so many uses/possibilities. It can be used offensive or defensive and overall increases the skill cap of a mage. But unfortunately the majority of spells added just end up being one dimensional that you have to use to be competitive.. Like frostbomb, all it is is another ability that just does damage when mages had a perfectly fine system of doing damage before. I think the same comparison could be made for avatar vs bladestorm(when it was useful). It was an ability that could be used offensively or defensively, and could be be countered, where as avatar is just another cooldown that has no real utility other than increasing  your damage.
edit: I think I'm picturing bladestorm around s7-s8.

Edited by Numbtoes, 26 November 2012 - 07:24 AM.

#65 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

View PostNumbtoes, on 26 November 2012 - 07:22 AM, said:

I think an example of a good spell addition would alter time, because it has so many uses/possibilities. It can be used offensive or defensive and overall increases the skill cap of a mage. But unfortunately the majority of spells added just end up being one dimensional that you have to use to be competitive.. Like frostbomb, all it is is another ability that just does damage when mages had a perfectly fine system of doing damage before. I think the same comparison could be made for avatar vs bladestorm(when it was useful). It was an ability that could be used offensively or defensively, and could be be countered, where as avatar is just another cooldown that has no real utility other than increasing  your damage.
edit: I think I'm picturing bladestorm around s7-s8.
Just because it has many uses, doesn't mean it's a good addition. People are going to disagree because rogues suck right now, but smoke bomb is easily one of the worst additions to this game, and it has MANY uses.
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#66 phishy

phishy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

View PostKoshimo, on 25 November 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

s5 was fun awful, s12 is boring awful.

^

I don't understand how anyone finds CD stacking and random one shots fun. i'll take an incredibly imbalanced s5 over s12 any day. i'm not looking through rose-colored glasses here. pvp in this game has progressively become worse and worse. there are high points and low points mixed around, but each new expansion brings an entirely new design system that detracts from good play and encourages a one dimensional play-style.

TBC: build pressure and keep pressure to win by coordinating cc's, most of which have a cast time.
wotlk: like TBC, only faster paced with higher burst/dmg and healing, some op instant abilities.
cata: fairly high dmg, healing eventually sucks by s10-11. train healer into the ground. game-breaking instants and interrupts for all.
mop: dmg is pathetic, unless you pop 2-3 3 minute cds to blow someone up in a few globals. healing is op.

my opinion? if they took a mixture of tbc and wotlk the game would be as good as it can be. minor tweaks to class balance. this is a business though, so the more blizzard fucks up everything the better for them because it makes it look "new and exciting" when really it's just "different" and often times "worse" from a pvp perspective.

#67 Ainy

Ainy
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Свежеватель Душ
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/0/2/2/0

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

S12 is worse

#68 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostKoshimo, on 25 November 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

s5 was fun awful, s12 is boring awful.

I think this is a pretty good way to put it

#69 Pradafiend

Pradafiend
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1904

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

noob idiots

#70 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

View PostBonjourhihi, on 26 November 2012 - 03:06 AM, said:

it's not about balance, it's about the fun you have when you play, with MoP, you basically have no fun at all when you play.

burst someone every 2mins, ye great gg
getting cc 24/24, yee
easy and really simple gameplay for every class

i had more fun playing farm simulator

#71 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

HOLLA HOLLA
GET DOLLA

Edited by Thaya, 27 November 2012 - 12:39 AM.

Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#72 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

Why can't people wrap their heads around the fact that things change? The biggest problem with the pvp community is the amount of nostalgia they experience and how it more or less ruins their perspective of every new expansion. There's obvious broken mechanics in the game, but can you not say the same for literally every other season? Let's take the time to enjoy the game for what it is instead of complaining about what it could be.

View PostAvengelyne, on 17 September 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

I've actually made a lot of friends this season, I don't think anyone hates me or thinks i'm scum or thinks I cheat or thinks i'm toxic for the game. I'm definitely not a faggot as i've had a girlfriend for the past 3 years. I've also graduated College last year and working in my field currently so even if we come last place there it's not the end of the world, I got to meet up with friends I play with and against online and got to go to Manhattan on for a paid vactation.. And i'm a goddamn Ret paladin so there's a factor of respect given by the community for making it this far.

#73 phishy

phishy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

View Poststalebagel, on 27 November 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

Why can't people wrap their heads around the fact that things change? The biggest problem with the pvp community is the amount of nostalgia they experience and how it more or less ruins their perspective of every new expansion. There's obvious broken mechanics in the game, but can you not say the same for literally every other season? Let's take the time to enjoy the game for what it is instead of complaining about what it could be.

it's not what it "could be." it's what it has been.

nobody expects perfection, but when it progressively becomes worse it is legitimate thing to be upset about, even if we have no control over it

#74 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

View PostNadagast, on 26 November 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

I think this is a pretty good way to put it

Unless you played a Rdruid in s5. There was no fun to be had...

#75 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

View Postphishy, on 27 November 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

it's not what it "could be." it's what it has been.

nobody expects perfection, but when it progressively becomes worse it is legitimate thing to be upset about, even if we have no control over it

I see things in a completely different light then you, why exactly should you get upset over something you admittedly have no control over?

View PostAvengelyne, on 17 September 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

I've actually made a lot of friends this season, I don't think anyone hates me or thinks i'm scum or thinks I cheat or thinks i'm toxic for the game. I'm definitely not a faggot as i've had a girlfriend for the past 3 years. I've also graduated College last year and working in my field currently so even if we come last place there it's not the end of the world, I got to meet up with friends I play with and against online and got to go to Manhattan on for a paid vactation.. And i'm a goddamn Ret paladin so there's a factor of respect given by the community for making it this far.

#76 Owies

Owies
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2361

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

View PostThaya, on 27 November 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

HOLLA HOLLA
GET DOLLA
I watch that at least once a day.
Posted Image

#77 phishy

phishy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

View Poststalebagel, on 27 November 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

I see things in a completely different light then you, why exactly should you get upset over something you admittedly have no control over?

it's not that anyone should get upset. i am saying that pvp has gotten worse. just because "things change" doesnt mean they are always good change and people who are upset or just simply dissapointed with the direction the game has gone have every right to

#78 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

Obviously it's all relative and people have different perceptions but to me, s5 was the worst season that could ever be. I see many threads where people miss wotlk so much, it was so fun and balanced etc. It's clear that wotlk kept a few classes very happy and it was fun for them  but it was a horrible expansion for many others.
In wotlk, broken things either never got fixed or it took Blizzard seasons to make the necessary changes: Here is a list, that comes to my mind(I probably missed many other things here):
-Undisarmable bladestorm, unrelenting assault, undispellable innervate/divine plea, prot/holy paladin, death knights, destro lock, elemental shaman, armor penetration, caster haste, shadowmourne, dfo, tnt stun etc.

Now look at MoP, they fixed hunters already; mages , shamans and warriors are getting nerfs and it's just the first patch, where as in wotlk, they let things go for many seasons.
Like I said, this is all relative to one's class/what classes partners played, but I feel like no expansion can ever go as wrong as wotlk.

#79 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

View PostOwies, on 27 November 2012 - 01:30 AM, said:

I watch that at least once a day.
Me too
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#80 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

MoP so far is the closest thing to BC since BC.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: balance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<