Poseyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • LocationNY

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

any mongoloids that get glad this season or s5 means nothing both seasons are retarded with many imba like how scumbag rsham, warr, mage, pre patch hunter, demo lock all are the scum of the earth, the rest of woltlk (s6-s7) or until they added ICC pve shit were actually really balanced and i enjoyed it a lot.  And Cata s10 was very balanced aswell, only proble was the shit MMR garbage.  If this pattern means anything we can hope for s13 balance?
www.Twitch.tv/wushington - Multi Gladiator feral stream

Mrlindv - Youtube channel

#22 Hendie

Hendie
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

From druid POV s12 > s5 but if im honest in terms of overall arena s5 > s12
www.twitch.tv/Hendiee

#23 Ermurazorqt

Ermurazorqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

View PostGambino6, on 24 November 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

any mongoloids that get glad this season or s5 means nothing both seasons are retarded with many imba like how scumbag rsham, warr, mage, pre patch hunter, demo lock all are the scum of the earth, the rest of woltlk (s6-s7) or until they added ICC pve shit were actually really balanced and i enjoyed it a lot.  And Cata s10 was very balanced aswell, only proble was the shit MMR garbage.  If this pattern means anything we can hope for s13 balance?

So basically if you levelled your main from cata and you play the most viable specc for it, say demonology as warlock, you are the scum of the earth? Not much logic in that to be honest. I can agree that getting gladiator this season as Demonology might not mean as much as a S7 gladiator as affliction, but it still don't see how you become a retard and scum off the earth :P.

#24 Aristoi

Aristoi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 576

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

I hate the fact that, as ret, I do 5 times the normal dmg with CDs up, and this is true for every class. Back in s5, even tho it was unbalanced as fuck, i don't remind CDs being that OP.
Nowadays arenas can be decided in one second, pop everything and cast a spell that will nearly one shot anyone, which makes the game extremely frustrating sometimes

#25 zkype

zkype
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 1781

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

balance aspect s12>s5, they fixed hunters quite fast, I guess 5.1 will hit before season ends wich will fix some issues too. But s5>s12 in the FUN aspect, R.I.P discpriest playstyle :(
crazier than a bag of fucking angel dust

#26 Ruxxe

Ruxxe
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1498
  • 3v3: 959
  • RBG: 1528

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

mop =D

#27 Knarox

Knarox
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

Anyone remember DK's stunning people with Death and Decay? The stuns didn't have DR's either.
"Oh yeah, well I've had about enough of morons and half wits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells... and you, you chowder-head yokel, you blithering hayseed. You've had enough of me?"

#28 Chancesz

Chancesz
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2329

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

can people stop giving these weird biased opinions. s5 was probably more balanced - but they both sucked. if they nerfed druids/pallys softly and shamans/wars/locks/mages hard it would be fine.

#29 00darwin

00darwin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Die Aldor
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2652
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

so funneh how every1 comes back to dk's S5/6....

srry but their dmg compared to what some classes can do now is way lower..  

and its not all about doing dmg... some classes simply fall over cuz they have no cd's to survive the current dmg in this game...

small comparison(defensive cd's/CC) for every1 that still think dk's are fine ( since were comparing S5 to S12 dk looks like a good subject)... wich i hear everytime in durotar from ppl....

DK: grip
   silence on 2 min cd (unless ur asphyxiate)
   IBF 3 min CD!! for same dmg migitate as druid's barskin!
   AMS
   LB or AMZ depending on enemy comp.
   chains of ice if u took chillblains(root)

oh btw we have nothing against a disarm.... unlike warrs with 2 set bonus... or rogues with a wpn chain.
we have 1 thing... wich i have to agree on we have ALOT of dmg (frost POV speaking) if we have our uptime and dont have to worry bout swapping to BP. wich i find myself alot in latly... ( thank god for glyph shifting presences)

warr: charge
Leap
Intervene
Fear
shockwave (if specced)
disrupting shout (if specced)
gag order (till 5.1)
disarm
DBTS
Shield wall
SW
2x spell refl. (if specced)

oh and 1 minor detail... BEING ABLE TO PUMP 300k in 2 sec. on ur target!

dont get me wrong i <3 warriors and i played mine for last 7 years.. but its just to show how a class can go from OP (S5) to shit (S12)...

i just took a warr now as example cuz i play 1 too but it goes for locks/mages too atm.

S5 Dk were clearly broken and stood out above all other classes with their OP'ness, all other classes were kinda ok ish as far as u can speak of balanced..
i can only hope all classes will have their dmg reduced incl. DK's so we can have some longer games perhaps?
and that skill comes more into play...  cuz entering arena and getting assraped aint funneh...

Edited by 00darwin, 24 November 2012 - 04:24 PM.

I know your € 12.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's € 129.90 says learn to fucking play!

#30 Shouri

Shouri
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

i think people are forgetting what s5 was actually like

#31 Bigmoran

Bigmoran
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2507
  • 5v5: 2598
  • RBG: 2303

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Am I the only one who didn't mind RLS in Cata?

Thugcleave was leagues more annoying TBH.

bigmoran | bobrosslol | skill-capped

#32 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostShouri, on 24 November 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

Dont worry, I will CC him off; immune, silenced, dead.

#33 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 2413
  • 5v5: 2261
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

^This^
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#34 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

Why is that? I think the main issue is people can't look beyond 2v2. If you compare 3v3 in s5 and s12, I am sure most people will say they are very close to being equal in terms of stupidity. Atleast more comps were viable back then, due to everyone having high burst, not just on or two classes being immortal gods.

Sure, DK's were insane, but in 3v3 they were very viable to kill. RMP's could eat them up in seconds, and so could mirror TSG's etc. Paladins couldn't be protholy either, since they would never get one single heal off.

#35 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostAristoi, on 24 November 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

I hate the fact that, as ret, I do 5 times the normal dmg with CDs up, and this is true for every class. Back in s5, even tho it was unbalanced as fuck, i don't remind CDs being that OP.
Nowadays arenas can be decided in one second, pop everything and cast a spell that will nearly one shot anyone, which makes the game extremely frustrating sometimes

It was not offensive CD's that mattered in S5, it was defensive CD's. Once they were out, you died.

And please do not tell me you forgot how Rets were back then. -20% to all stats on the target you were attacking from VIndication. Judgements hitting for 8k with Wings up, going through detterance and bop. Pain suppresion or Shield Wall? Np, wings ignoring 50% of all damage reduction effects, making you kill them through it.

#36 Necrolina

Necrolina
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • RBG: 2313

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 24 November 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

Why is that? I think the main issue is people can't look beyond 2v2. If you compare 3v3 in s5 and s12, I am sure most people will say they are very close to being equal in terms of stupidity. Atleast more comps were viable back then, due to everyone having high burst, not just on or two classes being immortal gods.

Sure, DK's were insane, but in 3v3 they were very viable to kill. RMP's could eat them up in seconds, and so could mirror TSG's etc. Paladins couldn't be protholy either, since they would never get one single heal off.

At this point I believe you just outright ignore how broken the actual mechanics were in s5. Sure, people died in a couple of globals left and right and this feels similar in s12, but let's take a closer look at a couple of things people had to deal with.
First off, there is the infamous DnD Fear, followed by the random TnT stuns. Engineering in itself gave you a pretty insane advantage over teams who did not have it (especially the way rocket gloves could break vanishes 10 out of 10 times). HoTs were just for show if a DK came your way, and so was a paladin's manabar due to replenishment (and it did matter in 3v3). And then there is the fact that in s5 shamans felt like actual target dummies because even if they could've been good for something, being unable to dispel 90% of the CCs after the nerf to windfury totem nobody even wanted to consider them for anything outside of BLing in 5s (and in 5s you just couldn't live without one, it was pure joy).

The list is nowhere near full, but the basics of the game right now are far more sophisticated than they were back in s5. Sure, bloodfear, demo dark soul and a warrior with 3+ stacks still feel retarded, but I honestly believe that the overall balance is better, even if it's not that much more enjoyable.

Edited by Necrolina, 24 November 2012 - 10:13 PM.

#37 Keddy

Keddy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Silvermoon
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/2/1/1/./.
  • RBG: 955

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

View PostNecrolina, on 24 November 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

The list is nowhere near full, but the basics of the game right now are far more sophisticated than they were back in s5. Sure, bloodfear, demo dark soul and a warrior with 3+ stacks still feel retarded, but I honestly feel that the overall balance is better, even if it's not that much more enjoyable.

You may be onto something with this piece of your comment. All bias aside, maybe this season feels more imbalanced because I'm not having fun... in S5 I was having tons of fun with the speed of the game (aside from some things of course) but right now it just feels like the game is god awful. Maybe instead of the game being imbalanced, it's just super dated, which is not surprising since it was released in 04 and it is now almost 13. ;p

#38 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

I'd trade all this hybrid bs healing and 25 instant CC's everygame, along with dying in 1 global to Warriors for s5 any day.

All Im saying. Maybe Id say different if I was playing a Shaman in S5 and in S12 obv ;)

#39 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

At least in season 5 it felt like you were playing a mage or rogue or dk or warrior
now every class has every ability...

#40 Necrolina

Necrolina
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • RBG: 2313

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

View PostKeddy, on 24 November 2012 - 09:32 PM, said:

You may be onto something with this piece of your comment. All bias aside, maybe this season feels more imbalanced because I'm not having fun... in S5 I was having tons of fun with the speed of the game (aside from some things of course) but right now it just feels like the game is god awful. Maybe instead of the game being imbalanced, it's just super dated, which is not surprising since it was released in 04 and it is now almost 13. ;p

I don't know... I think we should just learn to take a win wherever, whenever we can. Blizzard has responded significantly faster to everything than they did in previous seasons. The overall direction of pvp is certainly not horrible, but undoubtedly there is some polishing to do.

Edited by Necrolina, 24 November 2012 - 10:55 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: balance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<