• Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

View Postphishy, on 27 November 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

just gonna agree to disagree on the whole "feel" of this expansion vs the others. it's just a really subjective thing anyway.

in my opinion, if they were to bring more of a focus to the 2v2 bracket back into the game it would be much more fun on a consistent basis. much like skirmishes, the 2's bracket being fun allowed people to just log on and have fun almost all the time. now the focus has shifted to 3's, which can at times be difficult to have people all on at the same time for. gradually, even the focus on 3's is being shifted to RBGs at least from blizzard's perspective. "2's isnt balanced." of course it is not, and neither is 3's. it's just that the more people that are in the arena the less noticeable classes balance issues are and the easier they are to overcome.

IIRC health pools were around 10-12k. tho warriors could often reach higher. i played a rogue and warrior in TBC(warrior in s3/4). you didn't need deathwish to kill people, unless you wanted to kill them right out of the gates when both teams had full cds. at that time, however, the game was more about the opposing healer's mana OR reflecting a cyclone/shatter/poly etc. it wasn't the best system, having extremely long drink-fest games, but in my opinion it was much better than "pump dmg with cds or you cant kill anything" mentality that it is right now.

That 2v2 part really got me - I miss 2v2 so much :)

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#102 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

i honestly wouldn't care if they returned titles back to 2v2

#103 Tpokez

Tpokez
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

View PostRynd, on 27 November 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

I just feel that the game is getting boring just cos every new exp blizz gives everyone a lot of new skills... So it makes hard to predict and understand what is going on.
As a druid for example i have like 6 kinds of survival cds. So its hard to predict when it's possible to kill me.
Not cos i'm good, just cos i have a lot of skills to protect myself.

Since everyone have a lot of skill, the gap between good players and average ones is getting smaller. And that is the wrong way to go.

agree

On topic: I think s5 was worse than s12 from strictly a balancing perspective. I mean a team with 3 trinkets (GLG's) were able to global someone, it didnt matter what comp they were. There were also much more overpowered mechanics in season 5 (because they were completely new mechanics to the game back then, i.e- death grip/IBF/AMS etc). DK's being able to revive partners as a ghoul for 45 seconds (lol). In MoP there are some strong mechanics but for the most part nothing completely new anymore, its mostly just high raw damage, not actual mechanics.

However, if I were to say which was more fun it would have been season 5. Just because it felt like arena was a lot more alive, it felt like there were a bigger pool of arena junkies and you actually had an active battlegroup forums here.
LoL In-Game names: Tplol/Tpokez (both NA)

#104 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

S5 was way worse than S12 is right now.  I feel like anyone that thinks S5 was better probably played a DK/Paladin/Hunter and is wearing rose tinted glasses.

When Hunters had the Stampede bug, that felt like S5.  Outside of that I think the game feels a lot like Cata, which I don't particularly care for.  Cata was the lowest point of this game for me, and the huge numbers of subscribers that Blizzard lost during that expansion would show that I'm not alone in thinking that.

IIRC the game was still picking up subscribers during and after S5.

There are definitely some serious problems with this season, but compared to other seasons it's pretty much business as usual having a few classes way out of line in damage/cc.  Nothing has ever come close to S5 DK's that was intentional, at least not in my mind.

#105 Ktpearie

Ktpearie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy 0/2/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1542
  • 3v3: 1044
  • Location"\_( シ)_/"

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

People genuinely do not remember how bad s5 was. There were comps that were simply unbeatable unless you outplayed them to an absurd degree. I'm obviously not playing s12 (and i don't know why anyone else is but w/e) but s5 was the pinnacle of unbalance in a competitive game. You have to take that in stride with the fact that at this time WoW was still and mlg event so the lack of balance actually mattered. Even after something like 6 years on this site and part of the arena community I don't know why these threads are made, or any thread decrying the state of the game. If you genuinely want balance this is not the game for you, it never was and never will be. Really this game should never have become competitive, the addition of competitive arena has probably caused more harm than good to balancing. More on point though, if you've been playing or even if you've quit but played for a long period like me, you are or were playing because it's was fun, not because it presented the best or even a remote resemblance to balance. There has yet to be a season that was actually well balanced.

Edited by Ktpearie, 29 November 2012 - 07:26 PM.

"\_( シ)_/"

#106 Shock1911

Shock1911
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Please don't compare pvp is only going worse since wotlk >cata>mop

#107 Justblaze

Justblaze
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

View PostSynkz, on 27 November 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

i honestly wouldn't care if they returned titles back to 2v2

ya you would

#108 hurrdurr

hurrdurr
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/1/2/1

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

View PostFurioni, on 24 November 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

I don't think anything this expansion is close to the "hero" class of the game(dk's in season 5 obv).

How are you going to dog me like that?

#109 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

You have to be stupid to compare this season with S5. Guess you forgot what S5 was like.

#110 Rinolduus

Rinolduus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

I like this season. I hated S5.

#111 Justblaze

Justblaze
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/1/1

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

View PostRinolduus, on 07 December 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

I like this season. I hated S5.

wut

#112 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

MOP is worse if Mages/Warriors aren't nerfed before the end of the season, they're pretty much as bad as DKs were in season 5, if not worse.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#113 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2420
  • 3v3: 3034
  • 5v5: 2614
  • RBG: 2526

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:18 AM

View PostZong, on 08 December 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

MOP is worse if Mages/Warriors aren't nerfed before the end of the season, they're pretty much as bad as DKs were in season 5, if not worse.

"sure" lol

maybe not.

#114 jedion11e

jedion11e
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1963

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

so funny to see people making this tread every season

#115 Eycore

Eycore
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Obviously I haven't played season 12 but from my perspective season 5 was to my knowledge the most imbalanced season, yet it was also very rewarding in knowing that it was possible to outplay some of the more difficult/op comps.

I logged in a couple of weeks ago for the first time since i quit early cataclysm, checked my spellbook and everything is pretty much instant. Back in Wrath you really had to choose wisely as a resto shaman on what cooldowns to use to save your ass, which made it fun! I was really surprised how many defensive instant CD's shammys now have in MOP, and i don't know what it's like for the other classes, but surely it must have made the gameplay more stale/less challenging.

And that is the reason why i don't play anymore, but thats my opinion on the matter.
Posted Image
Zilean and Gragas Harrass Squad
Add Eycore in game if i know you and your pro =D!

#116 Bonjourhihi

Bonjourhihi
  • Wèntworth
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 583

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

S5 : Unbalanced, fun and entertaining.
S12 : Unbalanced and boring.

Edited by Bonjourhihi, 09 December 2012 - 09:58 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: balance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<