Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Problems with demo damage.


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies
  • Posts: 1506

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Hi, i'm wondering if warlocks are still getting huge numbers as demo still. Like 3 weeks ago i was getting the 160-170ks, then i didn't play arena until this week and now my chaos wave is hitting for 60k, 70k max. There has been the odd occasion where it would hit for like 101k or so, but no more 160-170ks etc.

I know it's very buggy as it is, but i've been trying to be pretty careful with the situation i use chaos wave in,  i still am not getting the numbers anymore.

The only thing to change with my gear is that it has improved in the 3 weeks, no talent or w/e changes. I don't have t2 but i also did not have it before and could still hit for 160-170k (Without gos).

tl;dr are other warlocks not doing huge numbers as demo anymore?

#2 Charmerx

Charmerx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Posts: 4
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2214

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Actually i got 145 x2 yday on a fearl in 3s lul with all cds up obv

#3 zajklon

zajklon
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Posts: 548
  • Talents: Destruction 1/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

ive never had big numbers :x is it bugged or something ? at 18.4 sp and 16,5% mastery i've never hit above 100k as far as i know :/

Edited by zajklon, 23 November 2012 - 06:55 PM.


#4 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies
  • Posts: 1506

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

View Postzajklon, on 23 November 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

ive never had big numbers :x is it bugged or something ? at 18.4 sp and 16,5% mastery i've never hit above 100k as far as i know :/

Yeah, it can be super buggy, like if you use it while you are jumping it can do no damage, same if they are life gripped/charge etc.

#5 Eiviyn

Eiviyn
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 73
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/0

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

View PostNycto, on 23 November 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

Yeah, it can be super buggy, like if you use it while you are jumping it can do no damage, same if they are life gripped/charge etc.

Use Glyph of Hand of Gul'dan, the one that makes Hand of Gul'dan/Chaos Wave into a targetted AoE. Not only does it make catching multiple targets easier, but it also stops this silly bug from happening.

Furthermore, if your target dies before Chaos Wave lands, it will deal no AoE damage and just vanish into the ether.

The only downside is that hitting fast moving targets is more difficult, and the extra annoyance during casting.

#6 Bigmoran

Bigmoran
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 937
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2507
  • 5v5: 2598
  • RBG: 2303

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

I think the main bug with demo locks is that for some reason they are viable in arena.

bigmoran | bobrosslol | skill-capped


View Postjaimex, on 06 September 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

temporal shield combined with ironbark ward is more healing than a shaman ns from 10% hp


#7 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 1643
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

I wondered about this too. Some locks seem to hit much harder than others, and I think they are all using CDs. Sometimes I get crit for 140k+ twice in a row, and other times the crits are barely 90k (during burst with demonsoul?).

Edited by Regent, 24 November 2012 - 01:52 AM.


#8 Ahlaundoh

Ahlaundoh
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Anetheron
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 819
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1990

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

you have to be in demon form at the time chaos wave lands, or it does damage as if you weren't in demon form

the same thing goes with hand of gul'dan, if you hand of gul'dan and shift into demon form before it lands, it does the damage as if you were in demon form

Edited by Ahlaundoh, 24 November 2012 - 02:00 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
pve the best

#9 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies
  • Posts: 1506

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

Yeah, i wasn't doing anything wrong with how i was doing the damage, it was just....there was none. Today i used my second talent tree and my damage is normal ('normal'). Hitting for the standard 170-200k+, no idea why but i am literally dealing half the damage in my first talent tree.

View PostEiviyn, on 24 November 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

Use Glyph of Hand of Gul'dan, the one that makes Hand of Gul'dan/Chaos Wave into a targetted AoE. Not only does it make catching multiple targets easier, but it also stops this silly bug from happening.

Furthermore, if your target dies before Chaos Wave lands, it will deal no AoE damage and just vanish into the ether.

The only downside is that hitting fast moving targets is more difficult, and the extra annoyance during casting.
Does this not mean you can only chaos wave once though?

#10 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies
  • Posts: 1506

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

nvm was thinking of a different glyph, guess i will try this glyph out see how it goes.

#11 Poon

Poon
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Posts: 21
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 2164

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

Sac ur pet, 170k++++++ in a sec. np.

#12 Unseenz

Unseenz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 259
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1
  • RBG: 2314
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

somtimes my mutilates hit for 150k sometimes 100k WHATS the DeaL GuYSS?

#13 Eiviyn

Eiviyn
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 73
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/0

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostNycto, on 24 November 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

Does this not mean you can only chaos wave once though?

The minor glyph, not the major one.

#14 Eiviyn

Eiviyn
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 73
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/0

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

View PostAhlaundoh, on 24 November 2012 - 01:58 AM, said:

you have to be in demon form at the time chaos wave lands, or it does damage as if you weren't in demon form

the same thing goes with hand of gul'dan, if you hand of gul'dan and shift into demon form before it lands, it does the damage as if you were in demon form

Just checked this. Totally true. 40k without cooldowns when exiting demon form before it hits, and 60k while staying in.

110k non-crit with cooldowns up and staying in demon form, 50k if I leave before it lands.

Wow. That's retarded. Thanks for the info.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<