Leandris
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Echsenkessel
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/0/2/1/0/.

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Hey everyone,

before I start please don't bash me. This is the first time I'm trying to do some "serious arena" as a mage (i have ~40 games played in 3s, almost no 2s). I am Frost (using frost armor against 2 melee setup) my Warlock used to play Destru but respeced into Demo (same win-loss ratio after respecing if that matters)

Right now my team is on 2k mmr and the only real thing that keeps us from getting fast higher ratings is KFC, Warrior Enhance + Heal and Kitty Cleave.

KFC:
Our tactic is usually go for the hunter with cc from me on warrior and/or shaman but my problem is once I get out of invis I get trained 24/7.
At this point I rarely get casts off because of the gag order glyph and the crazy amount of damage the warrior does to me.
I try to pom ring at least 2 targets and root or sheep the trinket / dispell but once they get out they just start training me again (and I dont get casts off).
The only time I feel like we could score a kill is when I run to the enemy healer with invis up and deep shatter him with my orb up.

If the KFC plays with a shaman its basicly instant lose. I try to cover my alter time with a blanket silence but after my silence and small cc chain the shaman starts to spam purge me and without my barrier I have to block pretty fast.

Warrior Enhance + x:
Also no clue what to do. Once I get out of invis I get spam purged and the only thing I can do is cast pom and pray it wont get dispelled fast enough so i can ring and pet nova trinket / dispell. Getting casts off is a huge pain with the 2 kicks + silence glyph + grounding totem.

Kitty Cleave:
Usually I have to block or alter time their opener or I die. The only time we won was when I could pom ring Warri+Feral then pop cds bomb deep him with a chaos bolt and a blanket on their paladin.

I know this is a lot of text in very bad english but it feels very frustrating to queue always into the same teams and lose after 15 minutes because you cant do anything with 2 melees on you.

I can give you an armory link but EU Armory is kind of bugged right now.

Thanks in advance

#2 Stigz

Stigz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1666
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

MLS gets countered by every single Warrior/<another melee>/<healer> team basicly, all you can do is bend over really.
If there is no Warrior in the Cleave then it is a free win basicly, same goes for any team really, as long as there isn't a Warrior in the team you shouldn't lose really.

Only way to win is hope they are retarded while the person that isn't trained hopefully globals something on his own (Destro and Mage can both do it alone).

Edited by Stigz, 23 November 2012 - 06:44 PM.

Posted Image
63% Resilience, Destro is hard?

#3 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

molten armor against melee - frost armor no longer gives damage reduction, molten armor does.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#4 Toxile

Toxile
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aszune
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2006
  • 3v3: 1931

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

Basicly you need your partner to peel for you, try co-ordinating pet stuns from your lock on to the warrior while you fear the other melee and swap healer in a deep, Also make sure that you are maximizing ring to its fullest, Using both your novas to score a ring on the melee is improtant, and considering it still does not have a cast bar this is not as hard as it sounds, Just root them step away and cast ring. Most people at low mmr would not even think to interrupt.

#5 bayre

bayre
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 1951

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

View Postkannetixx, on 23 November 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

molten armor against melee - frost armor no longer gives damage reduction, molten armor does.

What this guy said, my mage is only my alt so I'm not too experienced but a good friend of mine advised me to run with mage armor always, unless you are going against rank 1 pro melee cleaves the best defence is a good offence and its about 10% mastery from mage armor.

#6 Leandris

Leandris
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Echsenkessel
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/0/2/1/0/.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

Thanks for all the quick answers.
Just a few shorter questions from my part:

Against KFC with a shaman instead of paly
Should we train the hunter and swap from time to time to the shaman or should I stealth to the shaman and then pom ring shatter him followed up with a deep ? should get almost every defensive cd

What is our primarily kill target against warrior / enhancer / heal ? I'd say enhancer or healer since warriors have too much survivability for the short amount of time I can free cast

Thanks in advance

#7 J_DA

J_DA
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1698

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

If they're rolling with a pala always start hard as fuck on him. Force a bubble and then play defensively for a bit with CC on the war/enh. Your windows of pressure are mainly when you have ring off CD and are able to get it down, you can cover your PoMs with CC on the enh depending on what healer you're running.

Make sure you start really hard always as this comp, your opener is key.. Try to make sure you're LoSing so that it's hard for them to interrupt you in the opener or start /w a ring if they're grouped up forcing a trinket or dispell so you can get a full sheep etc. You'll find it hard but there's definitely room for wins if you play really well :) -

Also if you're playing with a pally use HoPs/Aura Mastery well for offensive pressure, not defensive. The majority of games you'll lose will be because you played too defensively and let them set up a window to pop shit and get ya down :D

#8 joaq

joaq
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Chromaggus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Assassination
  • Locationthe pits of hell

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

regarding armors you might want to try some games with glyph of armors- for more defensive effect.
otherwise you should really run with mage armor. mastery is great as a frost mage :). if the shaman is freecasting and purging all the time maybe you should pressure him more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<