7 replies to this topic

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hey there guys! I just wanted to give you all a headsup on an article I've written on the WoW-forums. You can find the thread here: http://eu.battle.net...opic/5966447497

Feel free to add a comment to it if you have constructive ideas to add, and if you're US, feel free to copy>paste if you agree with its content.

~Hallowed
Posted Image

#2 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

tbh i think it is not just fear not breaking on dmg it seems like DR on fear itself is somehow not working, i was chain feared by lock and then wars fear together for full duration of 16 sec in RBG which made me wonder what happend to DR~

i do agree to extend that fear should break when you lost certain percentage of your heath, otherway it is more powerful than stun even though imo it should fullfill other role, namely give caster free cast time and help them kite

now i play rogue and i play sp....i was on both sides, and as SP i think fears need change (psyfiend is indeed disgusting) but also warriors immunity to fear...i understand it was in game for long time but right now getting any cast off while you have warrior on you is literary impossible

maybe it will be bit easier with gag order not affecting players, we will see
shut up pvp guy

#3 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

I think with nerf to gag order its going to be much easier getting casts of even against warriors.
Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#4 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

I wish they had kept gag order on heroic throw, but for it to only work if u catch someone on cast.  At least we can do something when we are sat in roots and the opposition can still outplay you by faking it.  Brings a little bit of a meta game instead of just sitting there unable to control my character.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#5 Bozzy

Bozzy
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1946
  • LocationThe Kitchen

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

agreed gag order was fine, as for fear DR it works but it does seem too have a lower DR then others but it is not the case, as with every expac it brings new strats,comps and spells too deal with it will all seem normal in 3 months.
Oh you're going ham? allow me too bear form.

#6 NiNLeX

NiNLeX
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/0/0/0

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

I like your idea about psyfiend rework, but not your idea about reworking blood fear. You are correct about the things you say about it, but I think that kind of rework would just make it a talent nobody wants to take as demo or destruction and it would still feel a little awkward for affli as well. And yes, fear should break on damage (10% of max hp).

The way I would change blood fear is to either increase it's cooldown to 20 seconds and keep it as it is (making it not a very good defensive ability due to it's cooldown, making regular fearspam during burst a much more viable option)

or a complete mechanic rework, which I would find even more interesting. Blood fear would make your fear instant when used under 75% hp, but this effect would have 15 second internal cooldown. This way warlocks would still have to cast fears, but when they are getting focused they could still use fear effectively, but not as effectively as they would with the current blood fear mechanic. This way casting fear even at very low hp would become viable way to defend yourself if you didn't spam it too much.

You could add that to your post if you like it. Was pretty well written stuff btw :)

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Feel free to post that reply into the WoW-forum thread if you like. I can't post there myself because my own account is banned.
Posted Image

#8 RavageDionne

RavageDionne
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1709

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

So if someone fears me I'll always be taking roughly 50k health and/or 15% of my health? Fuck no.
Try 7~9% as a fair amount, fears will be used offensively if they're nearly equating to a moving stun, and we don't need warriors with a new type of pseudo-stun, agreed?

Psyfiend has a very low healthpool and can be killed easily if you just interrupt or stun it on the first fear. Problem really is solved there.

As for blood fear, another good fix would be a successively strengthening debuff per blood fear used, while also reducing self-healing recieved by 5%,stacking per usage, costing 3~5 more health per use, lasting one minute, because blood fear's perk is that its uninterruptable. People wouldn't take it if it were otherwise.

Another thing, Destro locks aren't weak. Affliction ones are.

Overall, a good thread, I've posted it on the US forums, feedback is feedback, no matter it's origins, eh?

Enter the nightmare, this future does implore,
A techno city state, a prison nothing more.
Rounded up like cattle, you're forced in to the trains,
Nothing that you've ever known will bring you so much pain.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<