Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

RIP Warlocks Casting 3s Cata Affliction

arena

  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1089
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 23 November 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

devour magic on enemies was fucking retarded anyway, rest I agree with Conrad.

But stop all the complaining like making whine threads about it, have u ever tried to be a subpar class for just one season? You are more than viable at the moment, I mean, extremly viable yet again.

Try to have played a Paladin for most of your WoW career and still sticking to it, having no good spec for what, 9 seasons in a row? (Talking 3v3, not 2v2 protholy).

no1 said we arent in a good spot, but everyone agrees that demo is boring and doesnt require you to do much, everything is instant cast and  you don't really feel like you have outplayed anyone. Its like playing bm hunter instead of MM.

#22 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 415
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2701
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2326
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

View Postsaffie, on 23 November 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

Its like playing bm hunter instead of MM.
Exactly

Edit: exept the fact you do higher dmg than BM hunter with bugged stampede during cds + its aoe :D

Edited by Hiddenstalke, 23 November 2012 - 12:17 PM.

www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

#23 Raikufail

Raikufail
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 161
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/1/1/.

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

View Postsaffie, on 23 November 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

no1 said we arent in a good spot, but everyone agrees that demo is boring and doesnt require you to do much, everything is instant cast and  you don't really feel like you have outplayed anyone. Its like playing bm hunter instead of MM.

It dosent feel like you outplay at all in Mop as any class. Mop is so CD based. Rly shitty way to play but thats why all the "1 shot classes /the classes who can do 1 heal to full" Is the best.

#24 zajklon

zajklon
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Posts: 548
  • Talents: Destruction 1/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 23 November 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

devour magic on enemies was fucking retarded anyway, rest I agree with Conrad.

But stop all the complaining like making whine threads about it, have u ever tried to be a subpar class for just one season? You are more than viable at the moment, I mean, extremly viable yet again.

Try to have played a Paladin for most of your WoW career and still sticking to it, having no good spec for what, 9 seasons in a row? (Talking 3v3, not 2v2 protholy).

i got glad in season 5 with a pally that dingend 80 10 days before season ended in blues and pve gear and 2 piece pvp ... at a 85% win loss ratio ... paladin has been  top tier healer trough all of wotlk and in general never really terrible.

#25 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1089
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostHiddenstalke, on 23 November 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

Exactly

Edit: exept the fact you do higher dmg than BM hunter with bugged stampede during cds + its aoe :D

Not really, the aoe is small just dont hug up, and stampede pre nerf was retarded you might have as well gone afk after popping it. As lock you at least need to get some demonic fury and make sure its not purged or spellstolen. Stampede was like 20 seconds of godmode unless you have a mage in your team with rof.

I'm not defending demo burst in any way I do think its retarded but I can't see why suddenly you defend the most broken thing in this expansion so far.


View PostRaikufail, on 23 November 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

It dosent feel like you outplay at all in Mop as any class. Mop is so CD based. Rly shitty way to play but thats why all the "1 shot classes /the classes who can do 1 heal to full" Is the best.

Really wish it was more about positioning/doing some non instant cc chains/constant pressure and less big heals and big damage.

Its really tiring when you feel like you are beating a team and they just shift it because they pop their offensive cds like defensive cds. You cant just keep trying to kill a warrior with all cds up, you will most likely die from 100% to 0 than him dying from 20% to 0.,

Also I think the slower health bars move the better it would be to watch as a spectator. In any esport you can clearly see who is winning, or if its draw, or whatever. When someone watches wow its just healthbars going up and down, I feel like the game should be more about progress, as in if you cc the healer long enough time while doing constant pressure on a dps he shouldnt be able to be topped off in a heal.

#26 Necrolina

Necrolina
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 401
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2313

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

View Postzajklon, on 23 November 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

i got glad in season 5 with a pally that dingend 80 10 days before season ended in blues and pve gear and 2 piece pvp ... at a 85% win loss ratio ... paladin has been  top tier healer trough all of wotlk and in general never really terrible.

S5 was retholy, s6 was protholy (which, btw, wasn't a top specc in 3v3, but as 2s was still a "competitive" bracket it was good enough), outside of that paladin has mostly been mediocre. Sure, you can find a decent setup or two almost every season, but first tier and mediocre are not exactly the same, now are they? :)

Edited by Necrolina, 23 November 2012 - 02:04 PM.


#27 tonnylol

tonnylol
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Posts: 584
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/0/2/2/0
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 23 November 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

having no good spec for what, 9 seasons in a row? (Talking 3v3, not 2v2 protholy).

What?
Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one. - Bruce Lee

#28 osskar

osskar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 143
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2422

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

I miss fakecasting.

#29 Megan89

Megan89
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Posts: 41
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0
  • LocationVerona

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

more -> http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=209913
more -> http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=138901
lesser demo .
We should do a petiotion,i fucking hate demo,and i wont play it at all,until they fix affly. XD

/Posted Image


#30 zajklon

zajklon
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Posts: 548
  • Talents: Destruction 1/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostNecrolina, on 23 November 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

S5 was retholy, s6 was protholy (which, btw, wasn't a top specc in 3v3, but as 2s was still a "competitive" bracket it was good enough), outside of that paladin has mostly been mediocre. Sure, you can find a decent setup or two almost every season, but first tier and mediocre are not exactly the same, now are they? :)
pally was full holy with 5-10 points in prot for shorter stun cd

and with top tier i dont mean best. but overall the best healer in all expansions combined . they had their op moments and  never been crap , unlike druids,priests and shamans who go from hero to zero everytime its patch time ( or the other way around).

Edited by zajklon, 23 November 2012 - 06:47 PM.


#31 Raikufail

Raikufail
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 161
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/1/1/.

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

View Postsaffie, on 23 November 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

Not really, the aoe is small just dont hug up, and stampede pre nerf was retarded you might have as well gone afk after popping it. As lock you at least need to get some demonic fury and make sure its not purged or spellstolen. Stampede was like 20 seconds of godmode unless you have a mage in your team with rof.

I'm not defending demo burst in any way I do think its retarded but I can't see why suddenly you defend the most broken thing in this expansion so far.




Really wish it was more about positioning/doing some non instant cc chains/constant pressure and less big heals and big damage.

Its really tiring when you feel like you are beating a team and they just shift it because they pop their offensive cds like defensive cds. You cant just keep trying to kill a warrior with all cds up, you will most likely die from 100% to 0 than him dying from 20% to 0.,

Also I think the slower health bars move the better it would be to watch as a spectator. In any esport you can clearly see who is winning, or if its draw, or whatever. When someone watches wow its just healthbars going up and down, I feel like the game should be more about progress, as in if you cc the healer long enough time while doing constant pressure on a dps he shouldnt be able to be topped off in a heal.

This is what I would want aswell, i wrote it in some other thread. It's a lot more fun doing consistent pressure and them doing like "normal heals" and that u will have to work to top urself off and also work hard to drop someone. It should be going down slowly, viewers will think its way more exciting aswell, like when people are on 10% then they are slowly dying and the viewers are just starring at the health bar. It's so stupid that u can be winning the whole game and then randomly losing in seriously 2-3 secs...

Edited by Raikufail, 23 November 2012 - 06:51 PM.


#32 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 942
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

if warlocks find a way to complain about being the best caster for 12 seasons in a row... i am scared to see what would happen if they were bad for a season... jesus

Posted Image


#33 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1089
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostRaikufail, on 23 November 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

This is what I would want aswell, i wrote it in some other thread. It's a lot more fun doing consistent pressure and them doing like "normal heals" and that u will have to work to top urself off and also work hard to drop someone. It should be going down slowly, viewers will think its way more exciting aswell, like when people are on 10% then they are slowly dying and the viewers are just starring at the health bar. It's so stupid that u can be winning the whole game and then randomly losing in seriously 2-3 secs...

Yep this is what I tried to say exactly. But it will never happen, perhaps next expansion.

#34 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Posts: 2665
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

View PostDonald, on 23 November 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

if warlocks find a way to complain about being the best caster for 12 seasons in a row... i am scared to see what would happen if they were bad for a season... jesus

not really about being bad or good, just about having a fun playstyle

#35 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 952
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2612
  • 3v3: 3261
  • 5v5: 2737
  • RBG: 2654

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

hope they nerf demo into the fucking ground and make it unplayable. more fun playing other specs without the thought of doing way better if you were to spec demo instead.

#36 Breez

Breez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 89
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1452
  • 3v3: 2695
  • 5v5: 863
  • RBG: 2070

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

View PostWallirik, on 23 November 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

hope they nerf demo into the fucking ground and make it unplayable. more fun playing other specs without the thought of doing way better if you were to spec demo instead.
agree to this, its really terrible to play atm, just nerf demo and make it unplayable.

#37 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 772
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

I hope they try to fix the game before they even touch your class again.

#38 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 942
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

View PostSynkz, on 23 November 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

not really about being bad or good, just about having a fun playstyle
if demo isnt fun do us all a favor and stop running it

Posted Image


#39 Legends

Legends
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 31
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/1/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2231
  • 3v3: 2750
  • 5v5: 955
  • RBG: 1152
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:07 AM



#40 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1089
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

View PostDonald, on 24 November 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

if demo isnt fun do us all a favor and stop running it

Thats not really an option when everyone else is playing demo, us stopping really wouldnt change much for you but make us barely pass 2.2k rating :) however boring demo is, its more boring meeting other warlocks playing demo when you are playing something else and pretty much failing completely in arena. How often do you see monks and rogues in 3s?





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: arena

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<