• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Askthedust

Askthedust
  • Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hi everybody,
this is my first post in this forum so please, try to be nice ^^

I just read an article about gearing a frost mage, even if i thought to already know the to_go choices.

Now, i was surprised when for bracers and belt the writers (it's stated Venruki is one of them.. oh man, really grats for the big win in shanghai! i follow u on twitch.tv) said to go for hit on both of them.

So i went back to the armory of my favourite mage at all (even if love the way smoovie plays too) and checked it out.. then, Venruki got the bracers of Prowess and only the belt with hit.

Since i'm a low rating mage, and i don't want to lose conquest points in a bad choice (even if i know there is no such a big difference).. which is the most useful choice about Belt and Bracers?

Tnx everybody (i didn't post links 'cause i don't know if it is allowed. If needed i can give you the link to the article i'm talkin about in this thread.

Regards
from a semi-noob italian mage ^^

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

While I'm no mage expert, I made a quick chardev to try some hit reforgings, and if you take the prowess cuffs, you can still easily get the 6% hitcap by reforging crit away into hit rating.

http://chardev.org/p...7-test-hit.html

I'm thinking this is the general idea. By taking prowess, you get more mastery (more shatter damage) and only sacrifice a bit of hit rating and crit, crit being not so valuable as you get 100% crit from shatters and hit being attainable by reforging some crit away.
Posted Image

#3 Askthedust

Askthedust
  • Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

Hi, first tnx for the reply. Then, that's what i thougt... before reading the article i was oriented in prowess bracers and alacrity belt (so no hit at all)... but after reading the article (and checking the Venruki armory) i am now a bit confused... so i'm here asking where should i spend my conquest (regarding these two items only).

As mentioned, i know it's really a minor issue and ofc i also know that getting hitcapped is quite easy in both the ways.

It's just to try to understeand better the thinking behind the choices of much more expert/better mages ^^

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

More mastery > anything else as long as you can get hitcap.
Posted Image

#5 Askthedust

Askthedust
  • Members

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

In any case venruki, bobjob, raiku and jahmilj: all of them went with bracers of prowess (and the most of them also with belt of cruelty) and reforged everything else to get hitcap. I am really confused (on this stupid issue).
It seems it's better to go with hit bracers and belt, but all the best mages went the other direction. I cannot figure it out.

Can someone make some light on it for me?! :S

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

View Postnoobie25, on 21 November 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

More mastery > anything else as long as you can get hitcap.

I think this answers any further gear questions you could possibly have.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<