Mushx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2247

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

In 5.2, with the nerf to some of the instant cc such as blood fear and instant cyclone, monks should be a lot better.

Well assuming that rogues are gods.... MW monks will be good because they are a counter to rogues.

They can dispel paralytic poison.
1 min ranged disarm for every shadow dance.
If they garrote... you can stun, disarm, paralysis or just torpedo away.
2 second immune to stuns every 10 seconds.
Partner in smoke bomb? No problem, torpedo in for an instant heal and spam spheres or cc the rogue.

Dampen harm usable while stunned will also help the monk from dying in stun chains or to any one shot macros. MW Monks will pretty much be unkillable.

The buffed chi wave should almost top someone off completely while allowing you to keep up enveloping mist almost all the time.

The 20 yard ranged paralysis will also be pretty good in preventing CC and for creating CC chains, even though every dot in the world will still break it.

Ring of Peace will be like the ultimate RBG ability and should be very creatively useful in healer killing/zerg comps.

- Clutch252 wanted to add that healing spheres are usable from outside of a smokebomb and vice versa. I would still prefer to torpedo in to disarm the rogue and spam spheres because nothing scares me more than a 150 energy shadow dance. It is also easier to spam spheres on someone standing next to you.

Edited by Mushx, 09 January 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#62 Emoeritz

Emoeritz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2056

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

I'm still unconvinced that we'll see significantly more MWs with these changes in 5.2.

Pretty much everything for heal monks in 5.2 could be considered QoL-change or bug fix.
Surely this specc will be more competitive and fun to play but in my opinion we'll still be far from the level of other healers.

The main issues are still there, nothing to avoid targeted cc's and no reliable "hard" cc.
With 5.2 we can keep ppl alive even through burst but we can't assist them as easily as other healers do, when they're going for a kill.

But at least it's getting better.

Edited by Emoeritz, 01 January 2013 - 02:25 PM.

#63 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Short question: Can anyone confirm or deny if Crackling Jade Lightning stops taps in BGs? Have a bet running.

#64 Moreudirl

Moreudirl
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2481

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

has never stopped a cap for me when ive tried it, but they have tweaked the way it works in 5.1 so it might.

#65 Mushx

Mushx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2247

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Short question: Can anyone confirm or deny if Crackling Jade Lightning stops taps in BGs? Have a bet running.

Crackling Jade Lightning 100% does not stop caps in BGs. I've done 8 seconds of channeling on a rogue capping in front of me in EOTS in an RBG and it did absolutely nothing. It was done in 5.1 as well.

Edited by Mushx, 08 January 2013 - 08:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<