• Curse Sites
Help

The "Got banned for exploiting even though I didn't exploit" thread.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cruizex

Cruizex
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/0/0/2/.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

I've gotten reports from multiple people saying they've been banned after last night's maintenance that didn't intentionally exploit, but got caught in the ban wave anyways.

Prime example: My friend and healer I play with, Leyanaqt.

http://us.battle.net...yanaqt/advanced

The only people he has played with in the past 3-4 weeks since this MMR abuse stuff has been going on is me, and one 3's team that hasn't really played seriously or done many games. The 3's never reached above 2k, and was just for fun.

As you can see, he has 2200 and 2400 achievements from previous seasons, and therefore, has no incentive to do anything against ToS.

Yet, he has been suspended for 72 hours and his gear has been stripped. All because he que'd into MMR exploiting win traders randomly on a few isolated occasions. However, I have not been banned or had my gear stripped.

What is blizzard thinking? Did they really take the time to look into individual team cases or did they just ban everyone who's played 3's in the past two weeks? It was a good move to finally start cracking down on exploiters and win-traders, but now they're banning innocent people too? Doing more harm than good, imho.

#FREELEYANAQT  #INNOCENT

Posted Image

#2 deprivelol

deprivelol

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

HE'LL BE OUT SOON HES PROLLY GONNA COME OUT ON PAROLE OR PROBATION DOE

#3 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

he can open a ticket, if he is really that innocent he will get his gear back..mmr on other hand? probably not
shut up pvp guy

#4 Dondonian

Dondonian
  • Dondonian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/0/2
  • LocationBoston

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:12 AM

Weirdo beta male on female toon, but yea i was on a team @ the beginning of the season, and just stayed on the team since i didnt 5s, they tried to get me to exploit, i didnt so i left the team. SO since the team mmr exploited i got banned. I was on this team long before it exploited and the team was 2200 before they even mmr exploited. Even the person who made this team, got his t2, and xfered before anyone was even close to doing this exploit he got bannned too. SO whats blizzards idea to ban 5 guilty and 10 innocent.

Also, leyana infact DID mmr exploit so dont try to lie for your friend.
Posted Image

#5 Cruizex

Cruizex
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

View PostDondonian, on 21 November 2012 - 08:12 AM, said:

Weirdo beta male on female toon, but yea i was on a team @ the beginning of the season, and just stayed on the team since i didnt 5s, they tried to get me to exploit, i didnt so i left the team. SO since the team mmr exploited i got banned. I was on this team long before it exploited and the team was 2200 before they even mmr exploited. Even the person who made this team, got his t2, and xfered before anyone was even close to doing this exploit he got bannned too. SO whats blizzards idea to ban 5 guilty and 10 innocent.

Also, leyana infact DID mmr exploit so dont try to lie for your friend.

1. Rather roll a female belf than a male one. I do the same thing.

2. Please tell me what incentive he has to exploit, since he's gotten 2.2k+ legit every season since S9. (I'd know, I was on the team on almost every occasion.)

3. 90% of the games he's played this season have been with me. He says he didn't MMR abuse on this current 3's, and since they didn't even get above 2k or play that many games, I'm going to believe him over you any day. If you'd like to debate it, I'd like to see him rip you a new ass over skype for accusing him of shit like that. And, if you think he did any fishy shit with me, you can confront me about it because I don't play that mess, son.

4. First you bash him for playing a female toon, then call him an exploiter/win-trader. Sounds like a case of the butthurts from an outside perspective.

#6 Johnno

Johnno
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Dath'Remar
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/0/2/2/2

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

I was also hit, no idea what i had done, only played arenas casually this season and got banned....

#7 Cruizex

Cruizex
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

Update: Leyanaqt has been cleared of all charges and had his gear restored. If you were wrongfully banned, submit a ticket and fight the power.

#8 driverdk

driverdk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2216

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

got all my stuff back after waiting 24 hours on appeal

#9 Reirei

Reirei