saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

Really dont think you can deny the opener when the hunter has silencing shot AND pet stun, KFC's just pop everything and dont mind dring stuff anyway, and thing about gosac seduce is that even after you are done casting it and seduce the warrior a simple stun is enough to stop you from channeling.

#182 McMick1137

McMick1137
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1972

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

View PostNadagast, on 08 January 2013 - 07:32 AM, said:

Anyone have any good talent/pet/glyph combos for living vs cleaves as Aff?  I feel like if Aff could live vs cleaves, it'd be an okay spec right now.  I've been experimenting with Soul Link + GoSacrifice, starting with a soul linked VW and disarming, then immediately sacrificing it for the last stand sacrifice ability.  It seems okay, but an Imp seems really good vs cleaves too, so I've been trying Supremacy Imp + Dark Bargain.  I think I like the Imp better, but dispels are just so iffy, considering all the random CC your Imp can get caught in.

Im p'sure Imp's flee breaks any CC now? Just link Flee with Singe and BØØM, dispell that shit.

And yeah make Soul Link baseline, give locks some passive pet healing Beacon style (20% of healing done to the warlock is done to the pet aswell) or give locks some passive pet healing through damage (have dots heal the pet for 25% of damage dealt, that way demo pets wont be tanks but aff pets will be stronK).

Edited by McMick1137, 09 January 2013 - 10:38 AM.

Did you know I pmuch played with Jballer? That pmuch makes me famous. He pmuch even said I'm pmuch a legit contender for R1, I'm pmuch already famous before I even got my first 1#.
Peace Heaumes, yoloOnce ;-) :$

#183 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

I think given everyone and their mother takes sac now, Blizzard might finally notice how stupid pets are and do something about it.
<Memorable quote>

#184 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

View PostNadagast, on 09 January 2013 - 03:01 AM, said:

I gotta agree with Saffie... The way my games go vs cleaves I need to just be out of LoS/running--I don't have time to get in 30 yard range of the Paladin while seducing the Warrior and hoping that nothing interrupts me (if I get interrupted I'd be in big trouble).

I guess it sounds like it'd be good for taking command of the game ~30 seconds in after their CDs are done and you're caught back up, but the game is so easy at that point that I think I'd just rather have the extra stuff for surviving the CDs.  (Like Imp dispel or something)

Seduce could be useful in Shadowplay with Shadowfury.  That would let you get easy Seduces on the Warrior behind a pillar, huh?  Hm.

I wonder if simply using a GoSupremacy Succubus would be possibly good vs a cleave.  You could seduce the opener and blood fear the paladin as he came in to dispel.
It's not too amazing but it does work, when playing shadowplay at least. Kfc cannot kill me as shadowplay so they are either on our shadowpriest or shaman, this gives me the time to do it, if they chose to scatter me as well then they are going to have to commit to cc'n me, which my spriest or shaman can remove in traps while it leaves one of them being free. When a warrior pops cd's he usually trinkets the spriest disarm instantly and then goes into a shadowfury and then into a seduce, often behind a pillar because he is chasing our shaman.

It really reduces damage a lot, it also lets you cc hunter + paladin at times while a warrior over extends. I guess it is very comp dependant but it works for us vs kfc as they cannot touch me without cc, and if they tunnel our shaman they are going to die from over extending the majority of the time.

#185 Ylandria

Ylandria
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fury
  • LocationNorway

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

derp derp

Edited by Ylandria, 18 April 2013 - 10:39 PM.

#186 dowerk

dowerk
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

Was looking through my glyph page and came across the everlasting affliction glyph. Was thinking thinking would be interesting if they were to possibly reverse the effects of the glyph, say 20% increase damage on corruption, UA and agony, but reduce their duration by 50%. We would be rewarded for keeping our dots up, but would also force us to cast more often. Obviously would have to play around with the values but i don't think this would break pve damage as constantly having to reapply dots, would probably result in a dps loss.

#187 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

i really hate that dark bargain still makes you have a dot right after it fades as it is a 3 minute cooldown.

#188 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

Fel Armor Increases your armor by 2,603 Reduces damage taken by 10%, total health by 10% and the amount of health generated through spells and effects by 10%.

Sacrificial Pact Your demon sacrifices 25% of its current health to shield its master for 200% of the sacrificed health. 400% of the sacrificed health.

Unstable AfflictionIf the Unstable Affliction is dispelled it will cause [ 1,792 + 7.000 * 24.0% of SP ] damage to the dispeller and silence them for 4 sec. If the Unstable Affliction is dispelled it will cause [ 2,048 + 8.000 * 24.0% of SP ] damage to the dispeller and silence them for 4 sec. This damage always critically strikes.

OMG YES OMG

We got almost everything we asked for.

Edited by saffie, 10 January 2013 - 01:58 AM.

#189 majorblood

majorblood
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2202

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

affliction is looking a lot better, the UA glyph is cool too.

The next change I want to see is Unbound Will not taking 1/5th of your HP pool, maybe 5-10%.

Edited by majorblood, 10 January 2013 - 01:53 AM.

#190 Limity

Limity
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2009
  • 3v3: 2290
  • 5v5: 2307
  • RBG: 2194

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

OMG YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#191 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

We still rely too much on channeling MG and having Haunt up.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#192 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

View PostThaya, on 10 January 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

We still rely too much on channeling MG and having Haunt up.

Even after these changes, I'm still more worried about our defense than our damage.

#193 Bluckstack

Bluckstack
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/0/0/.
  • LocationGijón

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

they still need to make dark intent undispeleable, im tired of losing 10% spell 24/7 when not playing with shaman

#194 majorblood

majorblood
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2202

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

View PostNadagast, on 10 January 2013 - 02:46 AM, said:

Even after these changes, I'm still more worried about our defense than our damage.
what else do you think is needed, more passive healing or something?

#195 Railander

Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1503
  • 3v3: 1573
  • 5v5: 1227
  • RBG: 768

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

View Postsaffie, on 08 January 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

Against a team with constant pressure up you end up being fucked after dark bargain because of the dot, like say KFC, they can kill me with the dark bargain dot+hunter and wariror hitting me with no cds up while my healer spam heals me.
first of all, i think we all agree the main point of dark bargain is surviving burst and staying alive while your healer is CC'ed.
its not meant to be a "my healer is going OOM, need to mitigate as much dmg as possible and spam my cds", hence the 3 min cd. you should always use it when you're about to die or when you know big dmg is coming or when your healer wont be able to pick you up because of CC. even if you take extra dmg later, chances are not only you'll be taking less dmg from the enemy team (because their cds/resources were used up) but your healer should also be fine to help you.

tl/dr dark bargain is great, the lack of mitigation overall for our class + bad usage make it not seem that great

Posted Image

#196 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostRailander, on 10 January 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:

first of all, i think we all agree the main point of dark bargain is surviving burst and staying alive while your healer is CC'ed.
its not meant to be a "my healer is going OOM, need to mitigate as much dmg as possible and spam my cds", hence the 3 min cd. you should always use it when you're about to die or when you know big dmg is coming or when your healer wont be able to pick you up because of CC. even if you take extra dmg later, chances are not only you'll be taking less dmg from the enemy team (because their cds/resources were used up) but your healer should also be fine to help you.

tl/dr dark bargain is great, the lack of mitigation overall for our class + bad usage make it not seem that great

say you use dark bargain at %1 hp when ur healer is in a trap vs kfc, they tunnel u through it, your healer gets out of the trap and tops you off, because of the dot damage and warrior/hunter still being on you, you will die from %100 to 0 with their damage and the dot involved in 1 silencing shot on the healer. So even the best way you have used it its still not so good vs these teams.

#197 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2612
  • 3v3: 3261
  • 5v5: 2737
  • RBG: 2654

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

View Postsaffie, on 10 January 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

say you use dark bargain at %1 hp when ur healer is in a trap vs kfc, they tunnel u through it, your healer gets out of the trap and tops you off, because of the dot damage and warrior/hunter still being on you, you will die from %100 to 0 with their damage and the dot involved in 1 silencing shot on the healer. So even the best way you have used it its still not so good vs these teams.

would obviously be better to use it while you're above execute/kill shot range

#198 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

View Postsaffie, on 10 January 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

Yeah, had games were the dot was ticking for 28k+ on me lol, sick defensive.

#199 brosearch

brosearch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

The changes to in the new build are good no doubt. there are still issues

-Pet health is still a big problem. If you arent playing demo, your pet is pretty much always dead and there is no way to keep it at a decent level of hp so the shield wont help much.
-We need some self healing. Locks are the only class who use hp as a resource. It needs to heal the pet too.
-Afflic dmg is moderate at best with haunt and channeling MG, some of the dps needs to be put into dots.
-Our tier of talents that has Unbound Will, Blood Fear, and burning rush, is a joke. There is no viable option here. They need to either make burning rush or unbound will viable, ORRRRRR just move either Howl, death coil or shadowfury into this tier.
- With the sheild change and fel armor change, Demo will absolutely hands down be the best lock spec just like it is now. This is extremely sad that a fucking no cast piece of shit no skill spec is our best option. They need to change that.

Edited by brosearch, 10 January 2013 - 05:12 PM.

#200 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

i strongly feel one of the changes warlocks need is removal of lifetap and giving us some type of heal. as destro atleast i can do something when im out of CDs versus a retarded KFC. lifetap seems to just be an outdated ability considering how big our health pools are and the fact that other caster dps have infinite mana without having to sacrifice a fuck ass load of hp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<