• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

Hello everyone,

I came back to the game last week and I have to say its really quite sad what seems to have been done to affliction. I refuse to play one shot no cast demo or chaos bolt specs. I just cant do it.

Even if you arent a warlock, help this thread please. If locks had access to affliction, you would see a lot less demo idiots running around :)

Thanks and lets hope we get affliction back.

http://us.battle.net...ic/7198960338#1

#2 Justwoo

Justwoo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/2/2

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

100% supported, even though I'm an awful lock i still loved the play style for some reason
Posted Image

#3 Frango

Frango
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

I support this thread! :warlock:
Posted Image

#4 Breez

Breez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1452
  • 3v3: 2695
  • 5v5: 863
  • RBG: 2070

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Yeap supporting, bring affli back.

#5 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Question is it that afflic doesn't do enough damage like demo 1 shot/destro lock chaostbolt or is it when a healer dispels he gets all dots up you just applied?

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#6 brosearch

brosearch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

View PostIcekingx, on 20 November 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

Question is it that afflic doesn't do enough damage like demo 1 shot/destro lock chaostbolt or is it when a healer dispels he gets all dots up you just applied?

dispel is no question one element that totally cripples the spec. However, make no mistake about the damage. affliction damage is barely and I mean barely above cata damage. Its way way behind in terms of being able to generate pressure.

Edited by brosearch, 20 November 2012 - 10:30 PM.

#7 Godx

Godx
  • Xlordzapple
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/1/0

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

View PostJustwoo, on 20 November 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

100% supported, even though I'm an awful lock i still loved the play style for some reason
Nice skulls you got there buddy :)
Http://twitch.tv/LordZapple
Http://youtube.com/LordZapple
The God You Once Believed In, Only Better And More Perfect, Godx.

#8 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2250
  • 3v3: 3015
  • RBG: 2610
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

I don't mind facing affliction warlocks again but only if: they remove blood fear and make fear break earlier otherwise affliction warlocks are relally annoying to face (same goes for every specc of a warlock but well)

Edited by TteSPORTSDoomsen, 20 November 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#9 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Unfortunately, I think Affliction is so unbelievably far from being a good spec in the current state of the game.  I'd love for it to be good, and I support this, but I have almost no hope that the needed changes will happen.

Depending on how exactly the aura nerf goes through next patch, Warlocks could be in a pretty fucking terrible state overall.  :(

#10 Bigmoran

Bigmoran
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2507
  • 5v5: 2598
  • RBG: 2303

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Played a few games of Affliction RLD yesterday.

It's probably a bad sample to go off of but with current self survivability / self healing / class support from Warriors, SPriests, etc. affliction doesn't bring the raw damage to finish off teams. My warlock was able to top the damage charts every game, though. I'm sure Affli could work if paired with a Mage or Warrior (or just anything that has high crits).

On topic, I don't play any of these classes/specs but has anyone tried out Demo/Feral/Shaman? I would imagine it is an amazing comp right now but I haven't yet run into it.

bigmoran | bobrosslol | skill-capped

View Postjaimex, on 06 September 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

temporal shield combined with ironbark ward is more healing than a shaman ns from 10% hp

#11 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

I will support this if u support to get MM spec back for me :<
Posted Image

#12 Eiviyn

Eiviyn
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/0

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

View PostNadagast, on 20 November 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

Unfortunately, I think Affliction is so unbelievably far from being a good spec in the current state of the game.  I'd love for it to be good, and I support this, but I have almost no hope that the needed changes will happen.

Depending on how exactly the aura nerf goes through next patch, Warlocks could be in a pretty fucking terrible state overall.  :(

Exactly.

There are 2 reasons why aff is dead;

Malefic Grasp. The while spec's damage is built around this one spell.

http://simulationcra...05/Warlock.html

Check that out. About 45% of single target damage is Malefic Grasp. This is Blizzard's excuse to effectively half the damage of dots, to avoid the "problem" of multi-dotting, something aff PvP thrived on. This is now dead, and I doubt they're going to remove MG and mess up aff PvE just for PvP.

Haunt costing a shard. Really. What is this? Nerf Haunt damage, remove shard cost. Aff PvE is too high damage anyway.

Life Tap. Remember that time when Blizzard stated they want to make Life Tap cost a % of your max hp, and everyone went ballistic? Well they ninja-patched it into MoP and I've not seen a single complaint. The total lack of self healing, combined with Life Tap, I swear sometimes I end up half-dead just from dealing damage.

Solution?

- Remove Malefic Grasp and Haunt from Grimoire of Sacrifice, replace it with UA (including UA dispel), Corruption and Agony.
- Buff Siphon Life glyph (makes corr heal you) from 20% of damage done, to 100%. 20% is horrible. 100% will probably offset the life tapping required. In addition, make it heal your pet for the same amount, making Soul Link talent less of a waste of space.
- Nerf Haunt damage and remove the shard cost. Aff PvE is too high anyway, and haunt is basically always up in PvE.
- Double or triple the damage from UA dispel. It's just not doing it's job.

I think the above, plus the new Kil'jaeden's Cunning, will make aff viable without making it overpowered.

Blood Fear should be reworked to;
"Your fear is instant when used against a unit who has inflicted physical damage on you in the past 5 sec."

Keeps the survival aspect of blood fear. Removes the ability to just spam instant CC on random healers with no counter.

#13 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

They should make Haunt undispellable, make UA actually do damage on dispel and/or give a shard back, and adjust the MG vs dots ratios - not necessarily via adjustments to Grimoire of Sacrifice.

There's a very easy way for them to adjust this in a way without affecting PvE. Two of the changes above will have no effect in PvE. The third one, there's several ways to do it:
1) Introduce a glyph that reduces MG damage but increases dot damage, make it work out as a slight DPS loss in PvE simulations. They already did this with the Imp Swarm glyph for demo - this is exactly how it's like there, and nobody uses it in PvE, while its a core glyph in PvP.
2) Use PvP power. Introduce a glyph or a talent change that makes dots hit more on pvp targets or hit through pvp power or scale more with pvp power or something along those lines, at the cost of MG damage. This could be baked into anything - from gosac until a new glyph (we currently have a major glyph slot almost completely vacant in pvp, hint hint). Personally I'd love it if they did something with the grimoires to make us use pets in pvp again, but that's just me - could easily come along with this change though.

Haunt costing a shard. Really. What is this? Nerf Haunt damage, remove shard cost. Aff PvE is too high damage anyway.
Please don't remove Haunt shard cost. Affliction PvE is fun for this reason alone - it's no longer just dot uptime and filler spam. I think this would be a fun aspect in PvP as well if affliction actually worked.

The only adjustment to shards is maybe slightly increasing their proc rate.

Life Tap. Remember that time when Blizzard stated they want to make Life Tap cost a % of your max hp, and everyone went ballistic? Well they ninja-patched it into MoP and I've not seen a single complaint. The total lack of self healing, combined with Life Tap, I swear sometimes I end up half-dead just from dealing damage.
I assume you missed an entire expansion.

- Nerf Haunt damage and remove the shard cost. Aff PvE is too high anyway, and haunt is basically always up in PvE.
lol
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#14 varellz

varellz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2128
  • 3v3: 2445
  • RBG: 1717
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

View PostJustwoo, on 20 November 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

this!

#15 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

I think another thing that hurt affliction is that you have to choose between howl, death coil and shadowfury, as affli you had insta howl and death coil already, now you lose one of them while every other class got a new way to cc.

They need to just fix blood fear, I think unbound will is a good talent also so we wouldn't really be fucked on that tier even if blood fear would be slightly overnerfed.

Obviously fix the dot damage, and make UA dispel hit harder. But make it so that we don't have so many instants, soul shard soul swap is pretty braindead if you ask me, make it so that it costs 2 shards or something. It should be situational not something you use in the start of the game to dot everything up and then spam felflame.

Fix curse of agony, whats the point of it hitting harder by time? The scaling of this spell is just terrible, it starts super low. Why? Just make it a proper normal dot or just reduce the difference between the lowest damage hit and the highest damage hit.

I like the haunt mechanics but as it was said it should be undispellable. Its a decision that makes affliction warlocks hit more on a single target with a cost of a soul shard and its not instant, its just not so good right now because dot damage is terrible, the better dot damage is the better haunt will become.

#16 Kazot

Kazot
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2201

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Sadly I can't post in a US thread, so just moral support from me.

View PostBigmoran, on 21 November 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

My warlock was able to top the damage charts every game, though. I'm sure Affli could work if paired with a Mage or Warrior (or just anything that has high crits).
As MLS it worked "okay" for me until we got teams with high uptime on the mage where it is really hard to get casts of for him (mainly meleecleaves with shamans somehow involved).

View PostEiviyn, on 21 November 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

Blood Fear should be reworked to;
"Your fear is instant when used against a unit who has inflicted physical damage on you in the past 5 sec."

Keeps the survival aspect of blood fear. Removes the ability to just spam instant CC on random healers with no counter.
I think reducing the range of bloodfear by like 50% would be a more elegant solution to this problem and make the talent more of a choice than a requirement.

Edited by Kazot, 21 November 2012 - 08:53 PM.

#17 brosearch

brosearch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Good ideas so far guys. I added some stuff to my post on the official forums with some of these ideas. If you all can post on that official forum that would be great. The more replys it gets, the greater the chance for a blue post. I dont think they look at any post seriously until it gets a lot of attention from many players (this is just my opinion of course, but it certainly seems this way).

In s9 my thread to buff UA dispel was many pages long before we got a post about it. I am confident we can do it again :)

#18 Monkeyaids

Monkeyaids
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/2/2

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

anthony martin hehehehehe

#19 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies