Sterling, on 27 November 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:
In the heat of the moment I imagine many players will say S12. But let's not forget how bad S5 was:
- RDruids, Disc and Warriors were absolutely not viable at all. If I remember correctly, only ~10 or so warriors got a glad title. All good RDruids went feral and I don't even remember what priests did (reroll?).
- DKs were invincible and occupied over 50% of the top 100 teams across the board.
- Hunters were a close 2nd, and had ranged mace stun.
- HPals were pretty much the only viable healing class, besides maybe rshams.
- Ring of Valor was bugged so hard, you'd often have hunters makin' it rain on you before the game even starts and nothing was done about it for like a month.
At least in S12, every class can be somewhat
viable. Rogues are probably in the worst spot.
AFAIK, nobody was getting fucking oneshotted in S5. I don't care what is going on, or how balance presents itself, the only major general difference between S5 and S12 (nature of balance is exactly the same, most classes suck but are partially viable, a few classes dominate the ladders), is that people are legitimately getting oneshotted, often by one move. ONE MOVE. Huge amounts of CC in this game nowadays, like I've never seen before.
And the worst part is, it's never been easy to do this kind of damage and to CC since everything is instant. Fucking ridiculous.